Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moress View Post

Everything I said was just to get a rise out of you Alpha
    and there is the issue you cant seem to grasp. You do it just to get a rise even though you know its against the rules. you've been here too long to not know that.
    RISE SEA TURTLE ARISE

+1 Unban please Moress is a good person he's fun and has a great time on the server.

Well obviously I have, which is why I admitted my mistake and promised I wouldn't do it again.
    Also, this started with you Alpha, being rude to me on the TS, until I muted you. While I admit that I did go further than you did, and I'm in the wrong for doing so. I wasn't who started all this, and I'm not the one saying that I'm berated. You really should understand that if you're going to start stuff, you need to be ready for what can come of it.
    Last edited by Moress; 6th May 2014 at 05:18.

If anything. This seems like it was caused by a large hole in the rules. I've seen from both sides, signs of "teasing", teasing can easily leave open ground. I've seen first hand IRL where teasing is actually bullying. Since I wasn't present at the situation, i'm not sure who is in the wrong. I've never seen moress act out but I don't want to take sides here. To be quite honest, I think we should just implement the "no teasing rule" in general so that way there is no grey area. Some people can take teasing while others simply don't have thick enough of skin for it and consider it bullying when it ins't implied. I'm not just saying that according to this situation. once again, had experience with that IRL.

According to the ban, I think that a simple paragraph going over the situation should be posted by both sides. Then have an un-biased mediator read over both of them. Once this is done, then a more suitable punishment can be thought of, or completely avoided. Personally, I've never seen moress do wrong against another player. Then again, i'm not extremly active on the server due to school.

To tie this post up (already too long), I don't think any course of action should be pursued until all evidence of what happened can be reviewed. from both the TS and from the server logs, along with some words from others who were present.

(I sound like I come from law, don't I?)

I really don't remember any warnings, maybe I didn't see them or wasn't paying attention.
    By what i said at the end of the argument you should know that I wasn't being fully serious.
    If I honestly hurt your feelings I want you to know that I didn't mean anything, you really think I care if you have no life? Neither do I, that's why I want to come back so much lol.
    And I don't think I called you a dumb college freshmen, just a college freshmen in general.

Everything I said was just to get a rise out of you Alpha, and never meant to try to honestly hurt you.

Reading all this makes me realize I am a jerk, and I'm sorry, If i do get the honor to come back, I promise I'll relax.
    You weren't just being a jerk. You were a full fledged bully. I've gone through your data. And as some of you already know, everything you type in that chat box is logged. Chat, private chat, player commands, everything.

The things you've said appalled me. Here's a small bit of it.
    Spoiler!

You try to break someone, just because you are curious to see if that person breaks? And then you tell that person it's his own fault? That's abuse right there. You are a horrible person for doing those things and an even worse one for trying to rationalize what you did by blaming the other person.

Also, this:
    You really should understand that if you're going to start stuff, you need to be ready for what can come of it.
    Rationalizing horrible actions is the trait of seriously messed up people. Other people can't force you to do anything, you choose to do those things yourself. Whatever the other person has done, that's on them. What you do, that's on you.

After your ban you come here to the forums to plea your case and you continue being a complete jerk. You basically continuing your insults saying he has no life and that you don't care about him. Just to be clear: that's not respecting other players.

You will not play on our server anymore. The ban stays.

Quote Originally Posted by desono View Post
    If anything. This seems like it was caused by a large hole in the rules. I've seen from both sides, signs of "teasing", teasing can easily leave open ground. I've seen first hand IRL where teasing is actually bullying. Since I wasn't present at the situation, i'm not sure who is in the wrong. I've never seen moress act out but I don't want to take sides here. To be quite honest, I think we should just implement the "no teasing rule" in general so that way there is no grey area. Some people can take teasing while others simply don't have thick enough of skin for it and consider it bullying when it ins't implied. I'm not just saying that according to this situation. once again, had experience with that IRL.

According to the ban, I think that a simple paragraph going over the situation should be posted by both sides. Then have an un-biased mediator read over both of them. Once this is done, then a more suitable punishment can be thought of, or completely avoided. Personally, I've never seen moress do wrong against another player. Then again, i'm not extremly active on the server due to school.

To tie this post up (already too long), I don't think any course of action should be pursued until all evidence of what happened can be reviewed. from both the TS and from the server logs, along with some words from others who were present.

(I sound like I come from law, don't I?)
    There is no large hole in the rules. The rules are tight as can be and very clear. Just read what Moress said and tell me if it's a matter of interpreting the rule: please respect staff and other players.

This wasn't teasing. This wasn't even close to being friends messing around with each other. This was harassment and if done at school or at work, moress would be expelled or fired on the spot.

I'm not going to argue I guess, but if you want to check logs, Alpha talked smack right back, and then came here and acted like he was a defenseless victim.
    Either way, my town members don't need to suffer for what I've done, please give Jps my place as mayor and nation leader.

Still pointing the finger at the other guy. If you had a problem with another player, you should have reported it. Not do what you did.

Currently people can vote who they want as their mayor. We'll see what that leads to.

I also saw some slightly rude, though not blatantly offensive or rule breaking behaviour from Moress, and alpha did contact me directly. Though I didn't, myself, see anything violating happening at that time. However, I would like to apologize to alpha here for not being aware of just how big this issue really was.

I for one do not want to see a player like this who can be nice to new people & friends, and then plain cruel to another player come back onto this server.

I'm a cat!

Kodekatt I did not come on and just choose Alpha as a prey object, this wasn't some random act of bullying I did, Alpha and I hadn't got along, and had argued before this. I had been trying to ignore him, but he would come to my town and follow me around, harassing both myself and my town members.

As I admitted a number of times before, I was out of line, and I did say some very mean things, but at no point did Alpha say to me that he wanted me to stop, he played along, so I didn't know he was taking actually offense to what I was saying.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify my actions, simply put some perspective onto them