PDA

View Full Version : Update to 1.5 or not? New map or not?

InsaneJ
27th April 2013, 23:36
A new Minecraft 1.5 based version of FTB is scheduled to be released this monday. This pack will NOT include red power 2. Read the details on what the FTB team is planning here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/feed-the-beast-redpower-and-1-5-x.18827/

Basically this will break most of the machines we've build on our current world. Pnumatic pipes, filters, red stone gates / latches, red alloy wire, all that cool stuff will no longer work. Here's a list of items that will no longer work: http://nemesis.evalq.net/RedPower2/recipes.html

The mods included in this 1.5 pack have been updated and include new features and bug fixes as you'd expect. The question we now face is this: Do we want to update? And if we do, do we want to start on a new map or continue with the (then broken) world?

Please post your opinions.

demman8
28th April 2013, 00:36
Jeez, there really is a lot it RedPower that I didn't know was redpower! We would have no more Ruby Hoes! ;)

Honestly, with all the progress I have made, I don't really care...

DOM
28th April 2013, 19:16
Honestly I would wait for about another week to see if there is an update. The plan is that they might re-release the ultimate pack with Redpower in it

InsaneJ
28th April 2013, 20:00
That would worth waiting for. I really wouldn't want to restart the map after about a week of starting a new one. Although I would like to start a new map for 1.5.

This time I'd like to plan out our base a bit more though. Get a proper factory facility with several buildings that each have a specific function. Maybe make it a small village of factory buildings :)

Mupje
28th April 2013, 20:01
Honestly I would wait for about another week to see if there is an update. The plan is that they might re-release the ultimate pack with Redpower in it

Would that mean we'd have to stay put on this server for another week, knowing we'll be starting over soon? That would not be very motivating for building or starting anything any more. And if we'd start a new map now, will we start over again when the update for Redpower 2 comes out?

demman8
28th April 2013, 20:08
Would that mean we'd have to stay put on this server for another week, knowing we'll be starting over soon? That would not be very motivating for building or starting anything any more. And if we'd start a new map now, will we start over again when the update for Redpower 2 comes out?

If we were to start a map without Redpower, I think we would start another once it is released with the 1.5.

Imagine having to make Energy Crystals without rubies! D:

ethe334
28th April 2013, 22:07
I know, im not part of the FTB server, but I think getting rid of Red Power is quite a big thing, considering its one of the major mods in FTB. Just my opinion:3

smiffi95
29th April 2013, 19:24
Have you came to a conclusion on what is happening with the server? I have attempted join the server earlier today with no luck... personally, knowing that we are going to restart soon has put me off playing the old map however, Joe and I use a lot of red power items and would miss the mod as a whole.

LaunchedLemon
29th April 2013, 19:28
We could restart without red power and when its added just go far out and use a nether portal to get there and mine beyond that point for all the new world gen and rubies and sapphire will be enabled in the gregtech mod allowing them to spawn as an ore.

Sverf
29th April 2013, 20:58
Or create a stable mystcraft mining age when worldgen changes.

The current map has another chunkerror and server is not loading due to more then 300k mobs being in one chunck by the looks of the logs. We're trying to fix it.

Sverf
29th April 2013, 22:57
I've deleted 2 chuncks from the map and that seems to have fixed it. They are just SW of the fusion reactor building at spawn.

Errors are gone from log now.

smiffi95
3rd May 2013, 23:05
Not much has been said about the server over the past few days and I haven't seen many people on including myself. So for this reason I am posting to see if you have decided on what is happening with it?

InsaneJ
4th May 2013, 00:34
No news as far as I know. People have been complaining about it on the FTB forum: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/feed-the-beast-redpower-and-1-5-x.18827/page-16#post-241899

I've been on today, did some work on the fusion reactors. Our Industrial Electrolyzers didn't get enough power so hydrogen production halted which in turn made everything shut down. It's fixed now though :)

I'm thinking of maybe playing some more this weekend if I can find the time.

Sverf
5th May 2013, 21:23
Some news on the forum now:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mod-pack-update.20448/

Seems update is in final testing for 1.4.7 version. Will be last update to this version and a new stable one for ultimate will only be launched after 1.6 comes out. Releases for 1.5 will be more or less previews.

So I'd say we keep on going with the current map till there is a new stable (as far as such a huge pack can be stable :p) comes out for 1.6.

InsaneJ
8th May 2013, 20:02
Yup I agree. We'll stick with 1.4.7 for now.

The mod authors need time to work their magic and in the meantime I'd rather continue playing then waiting. So yeah, everybody hop back on and make some more awesome stuff :)

Sverf
8th May 2013, 23:06
I just bred a Cherry tree with Mupje's bees :D

Looks awesome, red wood with purple leaves :p

InsaneJ
8th May 2013, 23:16
I just turned on 80 quarries. They're using 4K EU/t ;)

DOM
9th May 2013, 01:38
I just turned on 80 quarries. They're using 4K EU/t ;)

This comment intentionally left blank...

talon6758
14th May 2013, 22:10
Soon we need 1.6 -D