PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft maintenance

noobminer101
18th June 2013, 22:54
Supposedly There's a new "MinecraftDev" thing that was released today I guess, Here's the link
http://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/1163345-new-minecraft-launcher, Also
at the main website http://help.mojang.com/ it shows that Minecraft.net, Minecraft logins & Minecraft multiplayer sessions are down says "This service is down! We are doing our very best to resolve the issue as soon as possible", But for the Mojang accounts website, Mojang accounts login & Minecraft skins are up as it says "This service is healthy. All is good!", So I'm not sure exactly what they're but seems to be something interesting.

P.S. You won't be able to do anything with the MinecraftDev because the Minecraft Logins are down for maintenance I guess.

There's no more problems. And its in a beta testing stage.

noobminer101
7th July 2013, 03:07
I'm not sure why, but i'd like to be able to keep the old launcher and get the new launcher also, I mean sure i guess i could go back and install digiex or something, So i was wondering if there was a way i could just update MinecraftDev and keep the old launcher, Although i'm not sure if that would work since it was made for snapshots or Can i just download that new version of the launcher and still be able to use the old launcher to without making it the same file because when i open the launcher it says "Notice! Minecraft 1.6 is available for manual download. Please click here for more information.", Should i "manual download" from the old launcher or go to the website and get the new one, Also on the first link on the other post it says "•You can still play Minecraft version 1.5.2 using the old launcher, which you can download from minecraft.net/download" So does that mean i should just do the manual download and get the new launcher and download the old one from the website or does it mean the one on the website is the new one and i should just keep the old launcher and somehow not have to get rid of the old one or will no way work and i just have to get the new one and get the digiex launcher again?

InsaneJ
7th July 2013, 18:17
I'd say: out with the old, in with the new.

If you want an alternative launcher because you like the look and feel, use something like magic launcher or digiex.