PDA

View Full Version : Issue logging on to server.

DeckadeNemo
17th October 2013, 14:51
I am getting a ticking error trying to log onto the server the logs show: java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.butterflies.common.EntityButterflyPa inting cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving. I also loaded the log to this site: http://pastebin.com/qm4w7h1d. Thank you for your assistance.

InsaneJ
17th October 2013, 15:49
Which server are you trying to log in to? And what client and mod pack are you using?

cc3768
17th October 2013, 16:03
minecraft.net has some log in problems today and yesterday

Sverf
17th October 2013, 16:06
One thing is for sure that your java version is out of date: 1.7.0_21.
I doubt it will fix this issue, but I recommend updating it asap with all the vulnerabilities for java flying around the internet.

DeckadeNemo
18th October 2013, 18:04
I updated Java today and just got the same error. Its the AMP server and Happy Diggers AMP is the mod pack. Only way to clear the error from what I have tried is to delete the mod pack and re-download it a few times then it seems to let me get in. But then I got the error again a few hours later. Thank you for the fast interest in the problem. Here is the new pastebin for a crash I just got http://pastebin.com/vjMCSLJN

ethe334
19th October 2013, 11:11
Could it be that the AMP is whitelisted, so it crashes the client?

InsaneJ
19th October 2013, 12:22
That pastepin shows you tried to join a server hosted by hosthorde, that's not our server. Our server is whitelisted like ethe mentioned.

Also you upgraded to Java 7 update 21. It's currently at update 40 already so you may still want to consider updating. It won't fix this crash, but it'll be a lot safer for your computer :)

It looks like a problem with butterflies. This is the second report I've seen about it. The question now is: are these the butterflies from butterflymania, or the ones recently added by Binnies mods?

The only way to find out is probably it to take a look at the classes of each mod.