PDA

View Full Version : TFC Server Unbearable Lag, Disbalance.

BigManBory
7th April 2014, 00:18
The server is not even playable. It's crashing every 10 minutes and the block lag is getting to the point where accomplishing anything of any nature is virtually impossible.

The server needs lockette. It's a plugin that allows you to lock chests. how hard is it really to get that one plugin in this server. I cannot count the amount of shit I've lost anymore. I hide my fucking shit in chests, then I hide is miles away from my town claim the land and put it underground and still I lose my fucking crucible, bloomery, and all of my fucking ingots. The admins aren't doing anything to help they gave us a crucible then said good luck. There's not any form of anti grief on the server people can literally burn down entire structures and admins are as useless and powerless as the rest of us. I used to really enjoy the server but i've found that the more materials I get the more of this bullshit happens. VIPS are the only one's who get attended too and the rules don't apply for Moderators. Noobminer has repeatedly swore and used all caps in global chat throughout the course of entire days. KodeKatt gets to TP to cordinates out of reach in the map and get's special treatment from the Admin. I don't want to fucking be rude I'm really not trying to be but this server is so unbalanced it's bugging me. There's never anything done about the things happening to me and I'm getting tired of it. More importantly do you guys even care to fix it. A server is meant to bring together people so then many can play a game cooperatively. If the people who come in and ruin it can just remain hidden and we don't know who's doing it everything is ruined. There's 1 person stealing in our town. What's the only thing we can do? Kick everybody. That's fucking ludicrous. That's absolute horseshit, I'm trying to play with people together and have fun here and there's no way to do that anymore. Please I'd love to keep playing on the server but not if progress is inhibited by sheer horseshit.

InsaneJ
7th April 2014, 00:36
First of all, I don't not like your attitude. Your next post or comment had better be of a different tone. You do not pay for this server, you have never made any donations, you are entitled to nothing. We put in a lot of time and effort to keep things running as well as is possible with TFC, which is really hard because TFC is a buggy mess of a mod right now.

The server is not even playable. It's crashing every 10 minutes and the block lag is getting to the point where accomplishing anything of any nature is virtually impossible.

The server needs lockette. It's a plugin that allows you to lock chests. how hard is it really to get that one plugin in this server. I cannot count the amount of shit I've lost anymore. I hide my fucking shit in chests, then I hide is miles away from my town claim the land and put it underground and still I lose my fucking crucible, bloomery, and all of my fucking ingots.

The excessive amount of crashes we've been experiencing the last 2 days are under investigation. Don't blame us, blame the TFC devs. It's all TFC related and we can't do much about that.

Because TFC is still on Minecraft 1.6.2 there is no working version of MCPC+ we can use to run Forge + Bukkit on a single server. This means we can't use plugins of any kind. So that means no Lockette.

If you are loosing "shit" then maybe you should read the signs at spawn and use MyTown to protect your "shit". If you create a town and put stuff in a chest, no one outside of your town will be able to access it. In that case you don't even need Lockette. Unless you are telling me this isn't working? Because that would be the first I heard about it.

Roadie, can you confirm any of this?

As for the lag, there are a few factors at play. First is you connection to the server. TFC uses an insane amount of bandwidth compared to regular Minecraft. It even uses way WAY more bandwidth then the HappyDiggers AMP mod pack which has about 175 mods in it. Just to give you an idea, you need around 40KB/s of UPLOAD to the server to play lag free. With regular Minecraft you only need 2, and with AMP you need 5.

Second thing that can cause lag is server performance. TFC is a very inefficient mod when it comes to server performance. The server is running on pretty fast hardware. Core i7 @ 4GHz with 32GB RAM, that's fast for any Minecraft server. Still TFC can't handle more then 20 players before it totally breaks down. Between 15 and 20 players you'll notice a lot of low TPS. People generating new chunks is also killing for the performance. Again, this is not something we can do anything about, unless we only allow 10 players max. I tried that once, people complained that they couldn't join. So it's a tradeoff between lag and being able to join the server.

If you want better server performance, ask the TFC devs to optimize their mod.

The admins aren't doing anything to help they gave us a crucible then said good luck. There's not any form of anti grief on the server people can literally burn down entire structures and admins are as useless and powerless as the rest of us. I used to really enjoy the server but i've found that the more materials I get the more of this bullshit happens. VIPS are the only one's who get attended too and the rules don't apply for Moderators. Noobminer has repeatedly swore and used all caps in global chat throughout the course of entire days. KodeKatt gets to TP to cordinates out of reach in the map and get's special treatment from the Admin. I don't want to fucking be rude I'm really not trying to be but this server is so unbalanced it's bugging me. There's never anything done about the things happening to me and I'm getting tired of it. More importantly do you guys even care to fix it. A server is meant to bring together people so then many can play a game cooperatively. If the people who come in and ruin it can just remain hidden and we don't know who's doing it everything is ruined. There's 1 person stealing in our town. What's the only thing we can do? Kick everybody. That's fucking ludicrous. That's absolute horseshit, I'm trying to play with people together and have fun here and there's no way to do that anymore. Please I'd love to keep playing on the server but not if progress is inhibited by sheer horseshit.
Again, we can't run plugins so there is no way to do any anti-grief on the server. If you have someone in your town who's stealing or griefing then I'm sorry, but that is your own fault. You invited that person, not me. And right now there is nothing anybody can do about it because TFC is still on Minecraft 1.6.2.

V.I.P.s get only a small amount of special treatment. In fact all they've gotten is a TP far away from spawn. As for noobminers behavior, I'll look into it. The rules apply to him the same as they do to others.

I get that you are frustrated, but you really should have taken this to the forums sooner. I have teleported a few people far away by request. So far we've had over 700 people join this server, teleporting everyone of them would be a full time job. I'm sorry to say we just can't do that.

You don't have to tell me what a server is for, we've been running Minecraft servers for years. TFC is just a buggy mess which is causing all of the problems you are facing.

Roadie, see what you can do to help BigManBory would you? I think we can make an exception and teleport him far far away from everyone else.

Roadie
7th April 2014, 12:33
Popped in before heading out to work. I'll make this short and elaborate later if needed. Alpha dog complained someone in his town stole a crucible. Being we don't have the ability to see who did what with what, it comes down to a he said she said situation. Also you cant just let anyone into your town and expect them to be behave in a moral manner. If you dont know someone your running the risk yourself, you have the keys to your town, "your" being the key word.

I don't just hand items out to people, I don't agree with spawning free stuff in. Alpha has had problems with his town, I knew this, so i replaced his crucible after telling him to weed out the "problems" in his town.

Also if you have a problem /msg Roadieratonga or an admin mod. I cant watch everyline in chat every second expeshally when so many people are talking. The only person who came to me about this was Alphadog and he /msged me and guess what , he got his crucible back.

Leave you in game name so i know who you are and I will tp you far away at your request.

Roadie
7th April 2014, 23:03
"If you are loosing "shit" then maybe you should read the signs at spawn and use MyTown to protect your "shit". If you create a town and put stuff in a chest, no one outside of your town will be able to access it. In that case you don't even need Lockette. Unless you are telling me this isn't working? Because that would be the first I heard about it.

Roadie, can you confirm any of this?"

This is the only case I have heard of anyone being able to get past the town protection. I live right next to spawn and not one blade of grass in my area has ever been damaged. I just had KodeKatt run around Kingston and try open doors , pick up ingots and nothing could be interacted with, this is the first claim on town protection not working.

InsaneJ
7th April 2014, 23:31
Thanks Roadie. Then for now I'm going to assume something else is going on with the disappearing things.