PDA

View Full Version : Unban Request: Moress

Moress
6th May 2014, 05:09
Ign: Moress

Server: TerraFirmaCraft

Reason Banned: Being Offensive/Rude

Time/Date: 05/05/2014 10PM EST

Reason to Be Unbanned: I admit I was being rude to Alphadog, but in the same way that he was being rude to me in the past. I didn't actually mean anything I said, and it was all in good fun. I am very helpful to 99% of the server, welcoming everyone when I'm on and offering them help. I know now that the language, although I made sure not to use any of the normal "cuss" words in what i posted, is taken very seriously. I won't be like that anymore, and if I do argue with someone, it will be via the /msg system and only if I know its just in good fun.
I apologize to Alpha if anything I said actually offended him in any way.

desono
6th May 2014, 05:22
+1 Unban

thedude
6th May 2014, 05:37
I gotta say that the way alpha teases is definitely in good fun. Never got that impression from moress' insults. However, I have seen him welcoming new players and helping people, as well. Can't really vote for the reinstatement, but if he's willing to calm down I wouldn't vote against it.

Moress
6th May 2014, 05:40
I gotta say that the way alpha teases is definitely in good fun. Never got that impression from moress' insults. However, I have seen him welcoming new players and helping people, as well. Can't really vote for the reinstatement, but if he's willing to calm down I wouldn't vote against it.

the servers I come from are really harsh, so what I said is relatively fun for what I got used to, I guess I forgot what nice servers are like. Just takes some adjustment, Ill mostly just stick to my /tc for now on besides trading and helping

Redcog129
6th May 2014, 05:40
Moress was intentionally trying to offend Alpha. There's teasing and joking around then there's jarring somebody emotionally. Unfortunately Moress found himself in the wrong on this one.

Redcog129
6th May 2014, 05:41
the servers I come from are really harsh, so what I said is relatively fun for what I got used to, I guess I forgot what nice servers are like. Just takes some adjustment, Ill mostly just stick to my /tc for now on besides trading and helping

Rule #1: Respect staff and other players. You failed to do so.

Moress
6th May 2014, 05:46
...Moress found himself in the wrong on this one.

And I admit to that, and apologized. I admit I was mean, and broke that rule, and I learned from it. Like I said, I'm not going to argue with anyone, frankly I'm going to outright ignore people I don't get along with.

Also: 78.13 is out, horses were fixed :D

Alphadog12
6th May 2014, 05:53
I don't know about this one. Moress has been warned before about his behavior by RJ. I have even asked him to be a bit lenient towards me because there are times when it really does hurt. He constantly tries to berate me by bringing up things irl, about by lifestyle, and about how i play this game. when i tease other players they know its all in good fun and its all about stuff in game. Also when i do tease others i also tease myself by calling myself names and to express how none of it is serious. Moress on the other hand brings up things irl by telling me horrible things. such things like "I bet 10 dollars alpha masturbates in high heels and crys afterwards." Also he called me dumb brony and said i should go back to watching mlp. not to mention the fact he brings up my education my saying im a dumb college freshman. People have all seen how he berates me and told him to calm down. when they do this however, he tells them hes only trying to get a rise out of me and says that hes only doing it to "break me".

When I told him this was against the rules for harassing players he expressed no sympathy for the rules. I feel as if this ban should stay for the well being of me and the community because his harassment has caused me emotional grief and anguish he is obviously only in it to cause trouble.

I asked kode to do something about it but she didnt have enough proof but agreed that he was being a jerk. When he started making fun of me this time, i quickly told rj to watch on dynmap. He saw how moress was harassing me and came on and banned him.

Just my two cents.

Edit: even if you do show sympathy towards him, I ask you do not unban him straight away so he can learn his lesson. thank you.

Moress
6th May 2014, 06:01
I really don't remember any warnings, maybe I didn't see them or wasn't paying attention.
By what i said at the end of the argument you should know that I wasn't being fully serious.
If I honestly hurt your feelings I want you to know that I didn't mean anything, you really think I care if you have no life? Neither do I, that's why I want to come back so much lol.
And I don't think I called you a dumb college freshmen, just a college freshmen in general.

Everything I said was just to get a rise out of you Alpha, and never meant to try to honestly hurt you.

Reading all this makes me realize I am a jerk, and I'm sorry, If i do get the honor to come back, I promise I'll relax.

Redcog129
6th May 2014, 06:02
It doesn't matter if you care or not, He does and it offended him.

Alphadog12
6th May 2014, 06:03
Everything I said was just to get a rise out of you Alpha

and there is the issue you cant seem to grasp. You do it just to get a rise even though you know its against the rules. you've been here too long to not know that.

KittyKabootel
6th May 2014, 06:12
+1 Unban please Moress is a good person he's fun and has a great time on the server.

Moress
6th May 2014, 06:15
Well obviously I have, which is why I admitted my mistake and promised I wouldn't do it again.
Also, this started with you Alpha, being rude to me on the TS, until I muted you. While I admit that I did go further than you did, and I'm in the wrong for doing so. I wasn't who started all this, and I'm not the one saying that I'm berated. You really should understand that if you're going to start stuff, you need to be ready for what can come of it.

desono
6th May 2014, 09:42
If anything. This seems like it was caused by a large hole in the rules. I've seen from both sides, signs of "teasing", teasing can easily leave open ground. I've seen first hand IRL where teasing is actually bullying. Since I wasn't present at the situation, i'm not sure who is in the wrong. I've never seen moress act out but I don't want to take sides here. To be quite honest, I think we should just implement the "no teasing rule" in general so that way there is no grey area. Some people can take teasing while others simply don't have thick enough of skin for it and consider it bullying when it ins't implied. I'm not just saying that according to this situation. once again, had experience with that IRL.

According to the ban, I think that a simple paragraph going over the situation should be posted by both sides. Then have an un-biased mediator read over both of them. Once this is done, then a more suitable punishment can be thought of, or completely avoided. Personally, I've never seen moress do wrong against another player. Then again, i'm not extremly active on the server due to school.

To tie this post up (already too long), I don't think any course of action should be pursued until all evidence of what happened can be reviewed. from both the TS and from the server logs, along with some words from others who were present.

(I sound like I come from law, don't I?)

InsaneJ
6th May 2014, 11:31
I really don't remember any warnings, maybe I didn't see them or wasn't paying attention.
By what i said at the end of the argument you should know that I wasn't being fully serious.
If I honestly hurt your feelings I want you to know that I didn't mean anything, you really think I care if you have no life? Neither do I, that's why I want to come back so much lol.
And I don't think I called you a dumb college freshmen, just a college freshmen in general.

Everything I said was just to get a rise out of you Alpha, and never meant to try to honestly hurt you.

Reading all this makes me realize I am a jerk, and I'm sorry, If i do get the honor to come back, I promise I'll relax.

You weren't just being a jerk. You were a full fledged bully. I've gone through your data. And as some of you already know, everything you type in that chat box is logged. Chat, private chat, player commands, everything.

The things you've said appalled me. Here's a small bit of it.

Date
action
data
player

06-05-14 03:05
player-chat
Alpha can you whine any more?
moress

06-05-14 03:06
player-chat
Im going to disagree with you because youre being a whiney bish
moress

06-05-14 03:06
player-chat
as usual
moress

06-05-14 03:19
player-chat
Alpha, i learned how to mute people properly
moress

player-chat
let me test it
moress

player-command
/ch mute
moress

06-05-14 03:20
player-command
/chmute general alphadog12
moress

06-05-14 03:44
player-chat
alphadog12 noone wants to hear your whining
moress

06-05-14 03:45
player-chat
go back to watching my little pony you brony
moress

06-05-14 03:45
player-chat
$10 bet that alpha jerks off into highheels and cries after
moress

06-05-14 03:46
player-chat
youre welcome
moress

06-05-14 03:46
player-chat
Alpha the people you think are closest to you don't even like you
moress

06-05-14 03:47
player-chat
youre alone here like you are everywhere
moress

player-chat
you cant manage to even make 1 person like you
moress

player-chat
nope just speaking the truth
moress

06-05-14 03:48
player-chat
you think thats an insult? youre sad
moress

player-chat
cant even come up with a real insult
moress

player-chat
have to resort to tfc stuff
moress

06-05-14 03:49
player-chat
whats sad is that youre a college freshmen with no life
moress

06-05-14 03:49
player-chat
are you 3 kid?
moress

06-05-14 03:50
player-chat
OneSneakyMuffin Alpha and i go back and forth everyday
moress

06-05-14 03:51
player-chat
I was going to be nice to everyone, but its not fun without someone to talk smack to
moress

06-05-14 03:51
player-chat
Alpha im actually not serious at all, I just want to see how long til you break

moress

06-05-14 03:52
player-chat
credits that you havent yet
moress

06-05-14 03:52
player-chat
nah you brought it apon yourself
moress

You try to break someone, just because you are curious to see if that person breaks? And then you tell that person it's his own fault? That's abuse right there. You are a horrible person for doing those things and an even worse one for trying to rationalize what you did by blaming the other person.

Also, this:
You really should understand that if you're going to start stuff, you need to be ready for what can come of it.
Rationalizing horrible actions is the trait of seriously messed up people. Other people can't force you to do anything, you choose to do those things yourself. Whatever the other person has done, that's on them. What you do, that's on you.

After your ban you come here to the forums to plea your case and you continue being a complete jerk. You basically continuing your insults saying he has no life and that you don't care about him. Just to be clear: that's not respecting other players.

You will not play on our server anymore. The ban stays.

InsaneJ
6th May 2014, 11:36
If anything. This seems like it was caused by a large hole in the rules. I've seen from both sides, signs of "teasing", teasing can easily leave open ground. I've seen first hand IRL where teasing is actually bullying. Since I wasn't present at the situation, i'm not sure who is in the wrong. I've never seen moress act out but I don't want to take sides here. To be quite honest, I think we should just implement the "no teasing rule" in general so that way there is no grey area. Some people can take teasing while others simply don't have thick enough of skin for it and consider it bullying when it ins't implied. I'm not just saying that according to this situation. once again, had experience with that IRL.

According to the ban, I think that a simple paragraph going over the situation should be posted by both sides. Then have an un-biased mediator read over both of them. Once this is done, then a more suitable punishment can be thought of, or completely avoided. Personally, I've never seen moress do wrong against another player. Then again, i'm not extremly active on the server due to school.

To tie this post up (already too long), I don't think any course of action should be pursued until all evidence of what happened can be reviewed. from both the TS and from the server logs, along with some words from others who were present.

(I sound like I come from law, don't I?)

There is no large hole in the rules. The rules are tight as can be and very clear. Just read what Moress said and tell me if it's a matter of interpreting the rule: please respect staff and other players.

This wasn't teasing. This wasn't even close to being friends messing around with each other. This was harassment and if done at school or at work, moress would be expelled or fired on the spot.

Moress
6th May 2014, 23:05
I'm not going to argue I guess, but if you want to check logs, Alpha talked smack right back, and then came here and acted like he was a defenseless victim.
Either way, my town members don't need to suffer for what I've done, please give Jps my place as mayor and nation leader.

InsaneJ
6th May 2014, 23:09
Still pointing the finger at the other guy. If you had a problem with another player, you should have reported it. Not do what you did.

Currently people can vote who they want as their mayor. We'll see what that leads to.

DigitallyFidget
6th May 2014, 23:59
I also saw some slightly rude, though not blatantly offensive or rule breaking behaviour from Moress, and alpha did contact me directly. Though I didn't, myself, see anything violating happening at that time. However, I would like to apologize to alpha here for not being aware of just how big this issue really was.

I for one do not want to see a player like this who can be nice to new people & friends, and then plain cruel to another player come back onto this server.

Moress
7th May 2014, 00:19
Kodekatt I did not come on and just choose Alpha as a prey object, this wasn't some random act of bullying I did, Alpha and I hadn't got along, and had argued before this. I had been trying to ignore him, but he would come to my town and follow me around, harassing both myself and my town members.

As I admitted a number of times before, I was out of line, and I did say some very mean things, but at no point did Alpha say to me that he wanted me to stop, he played along, so I didn't know he was taking actually offense to what I was saying.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify my actions, simply put some perspective onto them

Redcog129
7th May 2014, 06:26
You're on record saying you're goal was to break somebody and you were obviously only there to offend him. You're not getting unbanned.

desono
7th May 2014, 23:59
when will the town mayor elections be held and where will they be?

InsaneJ
8th May 2014, 00:10
Right here: New Mayor for IronHills & King for Myrstone (http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1421-New-Mayor-for-IronHills-amp-King-for-Myrstone)