PDA

View Full Version : Unban request

Jeffmaster223
30th June 2014, 11:23
Hey, my IGN is UltimateElements.

I was recently banned for being an "arsehole" although i dont know how i've been enough of an "arsehole" to get banned. In my time in this server, i've done the best i can to help people, make honest trades and deals, and pretty much respect everyone.
While i admit to using /msg ** (message) a few times, i dont think i did it enough to get me banned.
Please let me back on the server, it was very fun and the community is for the most part great, and the best TFC server i've been on.

Pernix_8D
30th June 2014, 14:13
Not only did you abuse the /msg command by spamming Jiro, but you also swore a lot. What makes it worse is that within the starting hours of joining the server, you figured out it was against the rules.

2014-06-20 08:34:11 | player-chat | wait, is swearing alowed
2014-06-20 08:34:14 | player-chat | /rules

You still continued to swear though, with an extract of the worse case being:

2014-06-21 10:46:55 | player-chat | cunt
2014-06-21 10:47:01 | player-chat | 8====D

You also had a habit of thinking that replacing the 'i' in the word shit with a exclamation mark would mean it wasn't considered swearing. (Keep in mind this quote wasn't aimed at a player, however there were instances where it was. This was just the one I picked first)

2014-06-20 21:06:19 | player-chat | this guy's got shi!ttons of stuff

This was all done in a matter of two days, which coincidentally, were your first two days on the server. If you believed this was one of the greatest TFC communities you've ever seen, why did you risk breaking the rules? Why be the "arsehole" that you were?

Jeffmaster223
30th June 2014, 20:59
I'll adress all of your 3 points to the best of my ability.
1. Around the time of the first quote I remember asking people around if swearing was allowed, and some responded "yes, as long as you don't make it a habit." So i thought to myself, 'alright, once in a while should be fine. so long as it's not racist or blatantly offensive, i should be ok.'
I look at /rules as a guideline to playing on the server, not exactly iron law. So long as you reasonably stay within the limits, i think its fine. Of course that's my OWN policy, and it's worked well in my 3 1/2 years of playing SMP.
2. The second image is more than 24 hours away from the first image. It's entirely plausible i forgot the whole 'no swearing' rule (i play on anarchy servers alot, and you don't want to see the stuff they say, so im used to no chat rules like those AServers). I'm not using this as an excuse, just keep that in mind when you're banning someone for 'being an arsehole.'
But because of the 'anti-swearing' nature of the server, i guess im in the wrong on this one. I apologize.
3. The third quote was when i was at NickCzerwinski's town. He had made the following deal with me: 4 ceramic vessels per 1 black bronze tool. I met up at his base for his end of the deal, and he showed me around his town. I saw his ingot room - he was incredibly wealthy - and i thought it was the coolest thing i'd seen in TFC,so i said in chat, "this guy's got sh!ttons of stuff."
I don't think that i've ever used that to insult anyone; it's always been and will always be a compliment.

The only instances of blatant 'arseholery' is in the second quote, which i apologize for. However, the borderline swearing i use (sh!t) isn't really grounds for a ban, but more appropriately a warning if anything.

Pernix_8D
1st July 2014, 03:54
1. Around the time of the first quote I remember asking people around if swearing was allowed, and some responded "yes, as long as you don't make it a habit." So i thought to myself, 'alright, once in a while should be fine. so long as it's not racist or blatantly offensive, i should be ok.'
I look at /rules as a guideline to playing on the server, not exactly iron law. So long as you reasonably stay within the limits, i think its fine. Of course that's my OWN policy, and it's worked well in my 3 1/2 years of playing SMP

The fact is that you swore a lot more than I would consider what the rules would allow. Keep in mind that this isn't your server, and they definitely aren't your rules. I doubt your own policy will end well, which is hasn't thus far.

2. The second image is more than 24 hours away from the first image. It's entirely plausible i forgot the whole 'no swearing' rule (i play on anarchy servers alot, and you don't want to see the stuff they say, so im used to no chat rules like those AServers). I'm not using this as an excuse, just keep that in mind when you're banning someone for 'being an arsehole.'
But because of the 'anti-swearing' nature of the server, i guess im in the wrong on this one. I apologize.

I'm glad you are smart enough to not use forgetting the rules as an excuse, because it sure as hell isn't. Yes, I did ban you for being an arsehole, because you were being one when messaging Jiro. Quote two shows you doing it as well. Good to see you apologising though, so thank you.

Also, I'd like to point out that bringing up your hard street life that was your time on those AServers won't do you much good. You read the rules, and should of known full well this wasn't an AServer. If you don't have the willpower to stop yourself from typing in a swear word into chat, then I doubt you can follow the other rules with ease.

3. The third quote was when i was at NickCzerwinski's town. He had made the following deal with me: 4 ceramic vessels per 1 black bronze tool. I met up at his base for his end of the deal, and he showed me around his town. I saw his ingot room - he was incredibly wealthy - and i thought it was the coolest thing i'd seen in TFC,so i said in chat, "this guy's got sh!ttons of stuff."
I don't think that i've ever used that to insult anyone; it's always been and will always be a compliment.

I said it wasn't aimed at a player in that extract. Swearing is still swearing though. Keep that in mind.

----------------------------------------

Since you are dead certain you did not do any blantant aresholery (apart of the second quote), I'll change the grounds of the ban. You were banned for spamming a players messages with rubbish and offensive language. Those seem much fairer, given the evidence. I'll have a think about whether or not you will be unbanned.

Jeffmaster223
1st July 2014, 05:39
Since you are dead certain you did not do any blantant aresholery (apart of the second quote), I'll change the grounds of the ban. You were banned for spamming a players messages with rubbish and offensive language. Those seem much fairer, given the evidence. I'll have a think about whether or not you will be unbanned.
Thank you for considering. I'm glad i have at least the opportunity to get a second chance.

Pernix_8D
6th July 2014, 17:00
To be completely honest with you, I totally forgot about this. Sorry for how late my response is. :S

I'll give you a second chance on the server. There is one thing you have to do though, which is never break the rules again. Even if you only use offensive language, you're gone. No ifs or buts about it.

Jeffmaster223
6th July 2014, 21:05
Haha, i think a 1-week wait to get unbanned is fair. thank you for the second chance.