PDA

View Full Version : Banned: Language

51jjsims
12th October 2014, 07:32
I've gotten banned for swearing 2 or 3 times since I've been on the server. I admit that I broke the rules, I do it without even thinking it's a habit. I don't cause any trouble and many people on the server like me. I didn't know the rules were THAT strict, and I apologize. A day after my first and only warning (today) I said a word. Immediately after I said it I said "Shoot*" and I apologized in the chat for swearing and I also said "Dang, I accidentally swore the mods are gonna be on me later for that" and sure enough I got banned. If I was to be unbanned I would watch what I say more carefully under any circumstance.

51jjsims
12th October 2014, 20:25
Also, this server has been the best server I've been on for years. And if ur worried about swearing u guys should get the no swearing plugin, it helps.

Jiro_89
13th October 2014, 00:23
I didn't know the rules were THAT strict, and I apologize. A day after my first and only warning (today) I said a word.

Your first and only warning? That is incorrect. I gave you a "non-official" warning prior to your "official warning" Meaning I told you not to swear on the server but I didn't report it as a warning. I also told you to review the rules via [/rules] and you specifically told me you knew the rules. Not long after I noticed you swore again in a much more deliberate way than the first time. I gave you a reported warning. Then you swore again.

Our policy on HappyDiggers is a warning and then ban. There are rare exceptions and it is reviewed on a case by case nature. You were basically given 2 warnings, something that most people don't get, and still managed to get banned. After the "reported warning" you gave me a description of why you said "Fuck" in the chat and I specifically replied to you with, "Doesn't matter. No swearing is no swearing." Ring a bell?

Also note the ridiculous amount of effort I have to put in to make you understand the difference between non-official and official warning. You can see now why we have a warning then ban policy to prevent confusion. It is rare that I don't warn on the first offense and this is one of those cases that I regret not warning on the first offense like I should have.

51jjsims
13th October 2014, 03:27
Your first and only warning? That is incorrect. I gave you a "non-official" warning prior to your "official warning" Meaning I told you not to swear on the server but I didn't report it as a warning. I also told you to review the rules via [/rules] and you specifically told me you knew the rules. Not long after I noticed you swore again in a much more deliberate way than the first time. I gave you a reported warning. Then you swore again.

Our policy on HappyDiggers is a warning and then ban. There are rare exceptions and it is reviewed on a case by case nature. You were basically given 2 warnings, something that most people don't get, and still managed to get banned. After the "reported warning" you gave me a description of why you said "Fuck" in the chat and I specifically replied to you with, "Doesn't matter. No swearing is no swearing." Ring a bell?

Also note the ridiculous amount of effort I have to put in to make you understand the difference between non-official and official warning. You can see now why we have a warning then ban policy to prevent confusion. It is rare that I don't warn on the first offense and this is one of those cases that I regret not warning on the first offense like I should have.

"Basically" doesn't count okay. I got 1 warning then banned. What's it gonna hurt if u unban me anyways. It's not like I'd do it again. If I was gonna do it again I wouldn't even bother posting anything.

Jiro_89
13th October 2014, 07:21
"Basically" doesn't count okay. I got 1 warning then banned. What's it gonna hurt if u unban me anyways. It's not like I'd do it again. If I was gonna do it again I wouldn't even bother posting anything.

Okay, this is what "counts". You were warned, you were banned. The fact that you didn't take the rules seriously even after I told you twice to follow them clearly shows that you don't respect the server, staff, and community. Swearing on a computer game with type interface requires you to think about what you're going to say and then manually type the thought in. It doesn't just magically transfer from your mind to the internet. There is a user stamp of approval called the "enter" button. Every time you press that button you fully endorse what has been typed just like signing a legal document. The ban will stay.

InsaneJ
13th October 2014, 19:06
I received the following PM. I will reply to it here since I've already made it clear that I did not want to chat in private to 51jjsims.

Okay so I got banned, for swearing. But I only got one official warning before being banned. But, your mod Jiro (Not to be rude) Is very bias. If he bans someone they are definitely not being unbanned and he doesn't like you. That's why I would like to ask for your opinion on the forums. And it's kind of a harsh ban. It should be like a permanent mute. And I do respect your community.
How would you know if he likes me or not?

I've already given my opinion on the forum in the staff section. It will not be disclosed beyond that.

It's not a harsh ban at all. You were warned, then given an official warning, then banned.

You ignored the rules, ignored warnings made by staff, broke the rules some more. And now you are telling me that the rules I set are wrong and that you shouldn't be banned but muted. Who are you telling me what to do? What have you contributed to our community that's so great that you can go on and ask for more of my time after I already told you I didn't want to chat with you in private?

How are you showing that you respect this community? From where I'm standing it very much appears that you do not respect me or this community at all. You feel bad for being banned after you've played on our server for so long and enjoyed your time there, that's understandable. That's also why you should not break the rules. The rules are part of what make our server one of the best ones out there. We deal with people like you who think that the rules don't apply to them by banning them. It's very effective in making sure that the server remains a nice place to be.

Jiro_89
13th October 2014, 23:05
Okay so I got banned, for swearing. But I only got one official warning before being banned. But, your mod Jiro (Not to be rude) Is very bias. If he bans someone they are definitely not being unbanned and he doesn't like you. That's why I would like to ask for your opinion on the forums. And it's kind of a harsh ban. It should be like a permanent mute. And I do respect your community.

In regards to your accusation of me being biased, let this be a message to all members banned or not. I view every player in the community objectively. There are those that are my friends that I enjoy playing with, but when I look at grief/theft/swearing/etc it is a completely different matter. I have no bias and I won't convict someone based on whether I like them or not, I only deal in evidence. I've even had to ban friends before, so your accusation is null. I take into consideration all accounts of the player when considering an appeal and decide accordingly.