PDA

View Full Version : Town Assistant Rank Bug

p20ph37
27th February 2015, 06:32
I've encountered a strange bug (probably not a bug, but config issue):

Observation 1: Town assistant can set plot permissions (fully) on un-owned plots.
Observation 2: Town assistant cannot build/destroy/switch/use on a plot with it's permissions set off (--- --- ---)

This behavior is unlike the permissions currently set for town majors, which can B/D/S/U on any plot regardless of permissions set on plot.

Jiro_89
27th February 2015, 09:00
This is normal and default. Assistants are a trusted position that have access to change settings in the towns they assist in. While they can't take immediate actions due to being a resident status to plots, they can make changes to the permissions.

p20ph37
27th February 2015, 19:13
This is normal and default. Assistants are a trusted position that have access to change settings in the towns they assist in. While they can't take immediate actions due to being a resident status to plots, they can make changes to the permissions.

Seems a bit counter-intuitive for the role of an assistant to be demoted to resident status in a hierarchical system where they hold power at the top (town) but not the middle (plot) or bottom (resident).

I'm trying to make use of the town rank system to create a white-list approach to access control on specific plots, to avoid lockette, since it's limited to 3 users per chest.

Perhaps there's a solution I'm not aware of yet.

InsaneJ
27th February 2015, 19:25
Assistants are not demoted.

Assistants are there to help players in a town sort things with perms and such. To assist the mayor so he doesn't have to do everything himself. Assistants aren't the mayor or server staff and thus aren't allowed to build in any plot they please.

If you want to give certain players more permissions to a certain plot while preventing outsiders to switch, you can do that already using friends. See Towny commands (https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wiki/Commands):

/resident

/resident

- Shows a player their resident screen.
? - Shows /res commands available.
{resident} - Shows a player another player's resident screen.
friend

add {resident} .. {resident} - Resident adds online player to their friends list.
add+ {resident} .. {resident} - Resident adds offline player to their friends list.
remove {resident} .. {resident} - Resident removes online player from their friends list.
remove+ {resident} .. {resident} - Resident removes offline player from their friends list.
clearlist - Removes all friends from a resident's friend list.

list - Lists residents in towny's data folder.
spawn - If deny_bed_use: true in the config.yml and player has a current bed spawn, command will teleport player to their bed.
toggle

map - Turns on map which refreshes when moving across plot borders.
townclaim - Turns on mode where /town claim is automatically used when moving across plot borders.
plotborder - Turns on smokey plot-border view. Border shows when players cross to different townblocks.
spy - Admins can turn on chat-channel spying.
reset - This turns off all modes that are active.

set

perm

{on/off} - Edits the perm line on the resident screen. See here for details. (http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wiki/HowTownyWorks#Towny_Perms)
{friend/ally/outsider} {on/off}
{build/destroy/switch/itemuse} {on/off}
{friend/ally/outsider} {build/destroy/switch/itemuse} {on/off}
reset - This takes the perm line seen in the /resident screen and applies it to all plots personally owned by the player typing it.

tax - Shows taxes a player pays.

Pernix_8D
28th February 2015, 00:57
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lockette isn't limited to 3 players per chest. If you run out of room on a Lockette sign, put another one on the chest/inventory/device. ;)

DOM
28th February 2015, 02:50
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lockette isn't limited to 3 players per chest. If you run out of room on a Lockette sign, put another one on the chest/inventory/device. ;)

Sadly the Ausie is correct

p20ph37
4th March 2015, 03:11
Assistants are not demoted.

Assistants are there to help players in a town sort things with perms and such. To assist the mayor so he doesn't have to do everything himself. Assistants aren't the mayor or server staff and thus aren't allowed to build in any plot they please.

If you want to give certain players more permissions to a certain plot while preventing outsiders to switch, you can do that already using friends. See Towny commands (https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wiki/Commands):

/resident

/resident

- Shows a player their resident screen.
? - Shows /res commands available.
{resident} - Shows a player another player's resident screen.
friend

add {resident} .. {resident} - Resident adds online player to their friends list.
add+ {resident} .. {resident} - Resident adds offline player to their friends list.
remove {resident} .. {resident} - Resident removes online player from their friends list.
remove+ {resident} .. {resident} - Resident removes offline player from their friends list.
clearlist - Removes all friends from a resident's friend list.

list - Lists residents in towny's data folder.
spawn - If deny_bed_use: true in the config.yml and player has a current bed spawn, command will teleport player to their bed.
toggle

map - Turns on map which refreshes when moving across plot borders.
townclaim - Turns on mode where /town claim is automatically used when moving across plot borders.
plotborder - Turns on smokey plot-border view. Border shows when players cross to different townblocks.
spy - Admins can turn on chat-channel spying.
reset - This turns off all modes that are active.

set

perm

{on/off} - Edits the perm line on the resident screen. See here for details. (http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wiki/HowTownyWorks#Towny_Perms)
{friend/ally/outsider} {on/off}
{build/destroy/switch/itemuse} {on/off}
{friend/ally/outsider} {build/destroy/switch/itemuse} {on/off}
reset - This takes the perm line seen in the /resident screen and applies it to all plots personally owned by the player typing it.

tax - Shows taxes a player pays.

Yeah, I guess I was looking for a more granular approach to access control.