PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I have been banned.

robochicken11
8th May 2015, 21:10
I don't seem to see a recommended format for ban appeals, so I guess I'll just start writing...

I have been banned from the HappyDiggers TFC server for language. This ban was issued by jiro_89 (as you can see in the mcban, http://mcbans.com/ban/5346522 ) It has been a while since I have played on this server (or TFC. Or minecraft for that matter...) and when I logged on to see this ban I was surprised as I was not banned when I last logged off - however, I was banned for language before, but I was then unbanned. Is this the reason for my ban?

So, I want to ask to be unbanned (or at least to know why I was banned in a bit more detail. The MCban doesn't seem to have any proof attatched) Obviously, whatever language I used was inappropriate, and I will not use it again (otherwise why would I be submitting this?) And yeah, I regret it, because this server was cool and I have made loads of friends on it.

So, do I have a chance of being unbanned here?

EDIT: Thank you for providing me with evidence.

As InsaneJ has said that I did not know what language I used, and therefore cannot apologize and claim to never use it again, so how am I going to accomplish that? Well, clearly I knew that I had slipped and sweared, otherwise I would not have received this ban. I apoligised for whatever bad language that I clearly had used, and I said that I wouldn't do it again. Since I knew I had used bad language (although I wasn't sure what that was) I can say that I won't use it again - I had a bit of a swearing problem, which I've now took care of, and I don't believe I will swear again (otherwise I would not have created this appeal). This is why I hope that you will consider lifting this ban.

InsaneJ
8th May 2015, 21:44
Without knowing what language got you banned, you apologize for it and claim to never use that language again. How are you going to accomplish this?

Let me just post what information we have regarding your ban, warning and second ban.

At around may 10th 2014 ethe334 banned you for language.. This ban was later turned into a warning: see here (http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1384-Warned-players-and-banlist&p=7857&viewfull=1#post7857).

Later on September 19th 2014 you received a local ban for swearing: see here (http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1384-Warned-players-and-banlist&p=9495&viewfull=1#post9495). As you already noticed you weren't banned while you were logged in to the server. We keep an eye on what's happening on the server even when we're not on.

So you received a pretty severe warning (accidental ban, then warning). And then later you used your keyboard to write down language that you know would get you banned on our server.

With this information, please feel free to add to your appeal.

I'll leave the rest up to Jiro.

robochicken11
8th May 2015, 21:59
Without knowing what language got you banned, you apologize for it and claim to never use that language again. How are you going to accomplish this?

Let me just post what information we have regarding your ban, warning and second ban.

At around may 10th 2014 ethe334 banned you for language.. This ban was later turned into a warning: see here (http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1384-Warned-players-and-banlist&p=7857&viewfull=1#post7857).

Later on September 19th 2014 you received a local ban for swearing: see here (http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1384-Warned-players-and-banlist&p=9495&viewfull=1#post9495). As you already noticed you weren't banned while you were logged in to the server. We keep an eye on what's happening on the server even when we're not on.

So you received a pretty severe warning (accidental ban, then warning). And then later you used your keyboard to write down language that you know would get you banned on our server.

With this information, please feel free to add to your appeal.

I'll leave the rest up to Jiro.

Thank you. I have edited my appeal and hope that my appeal will be considered.

Jiro_89
9th May 2015, 03:08
Your ban will be downgraded to a warning. This means that if you break any rules, no matter how minor, your ban will be re-instated. Please take the time to carefully review the rules which will be readily available to you in game and ask any staff or other members of the community if you have any questions.

robochicken11
9th May 2015, 14:31
Your ban will be downgraded to a warning. This means that if you break any rules, no matter how minor, your ban will be re-instated. Please take the time to carefully review the rules which will be readily available to you in game and ask any staff or other members of the community if you have any questions.

Thank you for lifting my ban, I appreciate it. Is there a list of all of the banned language somewhere?
I would also suggest that you implement a chat filter in your servers to prevent future incidents, which would probably save you a lot of time having to look through ban appeals like mine.

InsaneJ
9th May 2015, 16:10
Respect staff and other players. We're not putting up a filter or list of naughty words. If you can't figure out what you should not say then you aren't the sort of person we want on our servers.