PDA

View Full Version : Crashing on joining TFCHC - don't blame the mule

TheRealPoker
19th June 2015, 16:13
Hi guys, I'm crashing on joining.

situation: getting on a mule

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiIngame.field_73845_h from class com.bioxx.tfc.Handlers.Client.RenderOverlayHandler

Help much appreciated, save the mule if you can!

Commiellama2
19th June 2015, 18:35
Can I do something useful like rope the mule away, ride it myself, convert it into leather (better not do that)

Not sure if it would help or make it worse

Commiellama2
19th June 2015, 18:51
I shift-clicked a mule empty handed (so I didn't mount it) and crashed immediately, but because I wasn't riding it I was able to rejoin.

Unless admins have other tools, an admin teleporting poker just as he joins may dismount him

Also, this mule is invisible all the while except the second where poker joins and disconnects.

TheRealPoker
19th June 2015, 19:02
This doesn't seem to be a problem in SSP.
Perhaps in TFC v19 this:
Fixed the "Press 'sneak' to dismount" message appearing when opening up a horse/donkey inventory.
doesn't sit too well with Cauldron or something?

Azotez
19th June 2015, 20:45
I just got onto a female donkey and immediately crashed. I have been unsuccessful in joining again as it crashes every time, probably due to me being on the donkey.

InsaneJ
20th June 2015, 11:03
Looks like someone's going to have to test this on a regular Forge server and let the devs know. I hope I have time to do that later today.

In the mean time would you guys mind posting the complete crash reports? Please use http://paste2.org/

TheRealPoker
20th June 2015, 12:08
http://paste2.org/1epBn9V1

TheRealPoker
20th June 2015, 12:12
Pernix tp'ed me nearby so I'm out! (mule survived too by this method).

Might be worth removing the extrahard plugin for the moment? It's introducing vanilla items mobs etc and making it hard to know what's a plugin effect and an update bug (e.g. we have rocks not destroyed by knapping).

Commiellama2
20th June 2015, 13:55
from shift clicking or right clicking a mule with empty hand:

http://paste2.org/5e6apfdO

Another point, are the vanilla items illegal? I picked up some zombie heads and chainmail armour.

Azotez
20th June 2015, 15:06
Here is my crash report... I can't really work anything out from it, but maybe some of you guys will... This crash is from being on a donkey I think... though it might be a mule.

http://paste2.org/Kv241pME

Pernix_8D
20th June 2015, 16:07
As far as I know vanilla items are useless for anything but aesthetics, so there shouldn't be any problems there Commie.

Commiellama2
20th June 2015, 20:52
This also crashes the client on the regular TFC server, so it's not the extrahard plugin

InsaneJ
21st June 2015, 13:30
The servers have been updated to TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.19.708 which should solve the knapping problem.. The problem with riding mules still persists unfortunately. I haven't had time to re-create the problem on a regular forge server so we haven't submitted a bug report for that yet. Thanks everyone for submitting your crash reports.

If anyone else has time, please feel free to test this on a local server. If you encounter the same problem then please submit the crash reports to the TFC devs.

TheRealPoker
23rd June 2015, 02:12
I reproduced it on a forge-only server. Bug report (http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8371-accessing-horse-interface-crashes-client/) submitted to TFC devs and it's being looked into.

Jiro_89
23rd June 2015, 06:06
Thanks for taking the time to specifically test and report the bug TheRealPoker, it's very much appreciated! I also enjoyed how quickly Kitty was able to determine you were from our server and question your report.

Heptagon_ru
23rd June 2015, 08:53
I reproduced it on a forge-only server. Bug report (http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8371-accessing-horse-interface-crashes-client/) submitted to TFC devs and it's being looked into.
That is exactly the kind of post which cries for "like" button :)
P.S. :( A bit disappointed in Kitty :( The report was so clear.

InsaneJ
23rd June 2015, 09:27
As far as I know about 2 or 3 bug reports we've submitted were Cauldron related issues. The rest has all been TFC. Yet for some reason she gives us so much flack for submitting bug reports that we've discovered on a Cauldron server.

It's not Cauldron that's buggy, it's TFC. I wish someone could make this clear to her. We're the most popular server which means we'll be getting way more use cases tested than anyone else. As a result we will find a lot of bugs. Instead of welcoming us with open arms for the fact that we are willing to test their mod and still submit bug reports after the treatment she's given us, we get even more hate.

Her reaction towards you for letting her know you play on our server is bigotry. It's stupid beyond reason.

Heptagon_ru
23rd June 2015, 09:42
I think "hate" is a bit too strong word. I sense it more like prejudice. And also a bit of professional alteration of the view point. Considering how many false bug reports she gets, and considering how many bugs are caused by Cauldron and TFC devs can't do a thing with that, it's understandable that she tries to (over)clarify the matter first with high probability to reject the ones which could be fake and save some time for her.
And probably she watched "House M.D." and "Lie To Me" and remembers that "everybody lies" :)

InsaneJ
23rd June 2015, 10:04
Definition of bigot. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot)

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

We have had a few bug reports that were ultimately Cauldron's fault. But only a few and it wasn't apparent when we submitted them. The vast majority were all TFC issues. If she wants to treat others that way, that's her business. If she treats us this way, I will call her out for being a hateful bigot because that is how she is behaving towards us. This isn't some made up opinion or prejudice towards her. It's based on something that happens almost every time we submit a bug report on the TFC forum.

To bottom line what happened here:

TFC updates and has new bug.
Bug are found on HappyDiggers TFC.
Bug are reproduced on regular Forge server by someone willing to go the extra mile (you're awesome Poker!)
Bug is submitted to TFC forum with the explicit information that it was tested on regular Forge server.
Kitty asks: what server do you play on?
Answer: HappyDiggers.
Kitty goes into bigot mode and sais: then it's Cauldron's fault. Test on regular Forge.
....that was already done, see 4.
Kitty finds out it's not a Cauldron issue, it's a TFC bug.
Kitty sais thank you for the report.

We complied with their rules for submitting bug reports. It wasn't on a Cauldron server, it wasn't in combination with Optifine.
The irony is that she is doing what she accuses other people of and what gives her a lot of frustration. Namely not reading the posted information.

Pernix_8D
23rd June 2015, 11:55
That's right...

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/grumpy-cat-42-starwars.jpg

Marius49
23rd June 2015, 13:18
Same thing happened to me the last time I've posted a bug on TFC and that was a long time ago. It was that nasty bug on the B78 server where double ingots just vanished when you tried to craft them, only 3 of them being successful before problems occurred. Before she actually counted that a TFC bug and not our server's fault, I had to do a video showing the bug + log from the forge only server + a big story about the behaviour of the bug etc. On short, it happened like J listed one post ago and from the looks of it, nothing have changed since.

TheRealPoker
24th June 2015, 16:14
79.20 just out fixes this.

TheRealPoker
24th June 2015, 16:29
The mule that is, not the kitty.

Heptagon_ru
24th June 2015, 16:34
The mule that is, not the kitty.

ouch :rolleyes:

InsaneJ
24th June 2015, 19:42
The servers have been updated to TFC Beta 0.79.20.710 For MC v1.7.10 (Built using Minecraft Forge v10.13.4.1448). Let me know how it works out :)

TheRealPoker
25th June 2015, 10:33
I get "Your version of Forge is outdated" when connecting with v10.13.4.1448.

wilko
25th June 2015, 19:09
I get "Your version of Forge is outdated" when connecting with v10.13.4.1448.

I have 10.13.4.1448.
What;s going on?

InsaneJ
26th June 2015, 09:52
It was a problem with BungeeCord. Somehow it figured the new Forge version was outdated, which obviously it's not.

Should be working now.

TheRealPoker
26th June 2015, 11:27
Indeed it is, thanks J!

wilko
26th June 2015, 19:27
great. thank you.