PDA

View Full Version : Got banned without a proper warning.

Nubbix
25th July 2015, 13:28
So i came to my pc with a mug of coffee. was like: Time to work those ingots mate.... ''You have been banned from HappyDiggers, Reason: Language.'' I was like. are they serious?! They should have warned me... So i almost choked on my coffee. First off all. I all got as a warning was: Language or Watch your language. You should have been: You are going to get banned if you speak like that again. I didn't know that you wanted to ban me. So I'm quite surprised that i am banned. i don't even know if this is temporary or forever. And i was banned when i was sleeping. Just like '' He said shi.. lets ban him.. k do we even need to tell him that he is on the edge? nah its fine.'' you could have kicked me for like five minutes or said ''stop that or you will get banned''. Anyways if you would have warned me in a better way. i would have stopped instantly . This server was fun and i still want to work my ingots and I still want to trade with Elbe and get poorer. Please could you unban me so i can play and yes i wont swear again, if i knew that you took this so serious i wouldn't be doing it from the beginning, but i didn't.

CorpseDrop
25th July 2015, 16:02
http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1384-Warned-players-and-banlist/page44
You can see the warning and ban on this page.

Nubbix
25th July 2015, 17:08
Yeah, David Guetta swears just like me :) BTW There's no warning to me in those screenshots. I didn't respond or anything. And no one is even typing to me. Btw when the screen was taken i was sleeping. Clearly i was banned without any warns or concerns .Or was it via the forum. And if that... this is the first time i use this forum and post threads....

Pernix_8D
25th July 2015, 17:30
You were most likely sent a message/mail about the warning. If so, it's not our fault you missed that.

Nubbix
25th July 2015, 17:40
You were most likely sent a message/mail about the warning. If so, it's not our fault you missed that.
I haven't got any email since ''Welcome to HappyDiggers...'' and no i didn't get any message. So that was very rude of you to just ban me. If you would have TOLD ME to stop i would. But no... do you want my email inbox? Just unban me, i wont cuss again..jeez....And please make sure you tell people that they are about to get banned or when they are overstepping.

Pernix_8D
25th July 2015, 17:46
I meant mail in-game. It's like a message but you are required to open it for it to go away, and it'll tell you to do so every time you log in. I'm also not the one who banned or warned you, but I'm certain it would of been fair. You completed the spawn maze, and were given multiple opportunities to read the server rules.

Nubbix
25th July 2015, 17:59
I meant mail in-game. It's like a message but you are required to open it for it to go away, and it'll tell you to do so every time you log in. I'm also not the one who banned or warned you, but I'm certain it would of been fair. You completed the spawn maze, and were given multiple opportunities to read the server rules.
I've read the rules, and I'm pretty sure i had no mail in game. and even if i had one i didn't even have time to see it. Its not that i can read mails when i sleep. ''So if you read the rules, why did you swear. Well i didn't know i would get banned so fast about it.'' And no one told me :( This ban is forever isn't it? Really outrageous ''punishment'' for swearing. Could have been a ban for like 12 hours or something. And the person who banned me was rain right?

Pernix_8D
25th July 2015, 18:05
All our bans are permanent, unless successfully appealed against. Saves us a lot of hassle. Especially when people think they won't get in trouble when breaking the rules. Yes, we know it's only swearing. Yes, we get you're all big grown-up kids. Yes, we know it's harsh. No, we don't care.

I suppose the question now is why you swore?

Nubbix
25th July 2015, 18:10
All our bans are permanent, unless successfully appealed against. Saves us a lot of hassle. Especially when people think they won't get in trouble when breaking the rules. Yes, we know it's only swearing. Yes, we get you're all big grown-up kids. Yes, we know it's harsh. No, we don't care.

I suppose the question now is why you swore?
I was quoting David, as we were speaking about music. I meant that lots of dj's use the same quotes over and over again :D. And rain took it forbid, it wasn't meant to harass or make someone sad.

InsaneJ
25th July 2015, 18:27
We have better things to do than warn players all the time. We don't get paid to babysit the server you know. Even your ban appeal causes us extra work which we could have spend in improving the server or doing other things for our community.

The rules are posted on our server page. The rules are posted in our server thread on the TFC forum. You went through the rule maze when you joined the server. There is a /rules command which is also broadcasted periodically. You were warned by other players not to break the rules.

Someone being surprised he got banned for unknowingly breaking the rules doesn't hold any weight in ban appeals. You got the information you needed. You choose to break our rules. Simple as that.

Keep in mind that if a player receives a warning that is out of courtesy only. It's not something players are entitled to. You play on our server, you follow our rules. I mean no offense, but if you don't like that arrangement please feel free to join another server or create your own. Running a multi-server setup such as this one costs quite a lot of money, upward of $320 / month. Not to mention the insane amount of hours needed to setup and run everything. That's why we don't have patience with people who can't respect our simple rules.

If I were you, I'd take a look at successful ban appeals and try again.

Nubbix
25th July 2015, 18:37
We have better things to do than warn players all the time. We don't get paid to babysit the server you know. Even your ban appeal causes us extra work which we could have spend in improving the server or doing other things for our community.

The rules are posted on our server page. The rules are posted in our server thread on the TFC forum. You went through the rule maze when you joined the server. There is a /rules command which is also broadcasted periodically. You were warned by other players not to break the rules.

Someone being surprised he got banned for unknowingly breaking the rules doesn't hold any weight in ban appeals. You got the information you needed. You choose to break our rules. Simple as that.

Keep in mind that if a player receives a warning that is out of courtesy only. It's not something players are entitled to. You play on our server, you follow our rules. I mean no offense, but if you don't like that arrangement please feel free to join another server or create your own. Running a multi-server setup such as this one costs quite a lot of money, upward of $320 / month. Not to mention the insane amount of hours needed to setup and run everything. That's why we don't have patience with people who can't respect our simple rules.

If I were you, I'd take a look at successful ban appeals and try again.
Damn straight, ill make a own server :) I guess There's nothing more to try. And btw tell jiro to change his picture i hate that janitor from Scrubs. JD would have been better.... I meant no disrespect but if you are this butt hurt then there's nothing for me to do here. I didn't even try to offend anyone...

Pernix_8D
25th July 2015, 18:56
Righto mate. Cya later.

CorpseDrop
25th July 2015, 23:49
This is a good example of how to fail your ban appeal. Waste of time for everyone involved.

Jiro_89
26th July 2015, 03:55
I haven't got any email since ''Welcome to HappyDiggers...'' and no i didn't get any message. So that was very rude of you to just ban me. If you would have TOLD ME to stop i would. But no... do you want my email inbox? Just unban me, i wont cuss again..jeez....And please make sure you tell people that they are about to get banned or when they are overstepping.

For the record, I warn everyone with the same standard warning for swearing. "Do not swear on our servers. This is your only warning." How that is unclear is beyond me. To add, I also messaged you the warning since you were online.

Since you've chosen to leave I'll go ahead and do the honor of denying your ban appeal. Your ban is permanent. And by the way, Dr. Jan Itor is always watching.

InsaneJ
26th July 2015, 11:12
Janitor: