PDA

View Full Version : FTB: weekend's impressions and questions :)

Heptagon_ru
2nd November 2015, 08:24
Carpenter's blocks' hatch (trapdoor) is player-locked :( I can open it, RX can not :( It is only possible via redstone signal.
So sad, the mossy stone hatch fits just wonderful with stone bricks around. Because it leads to the damp basement.

Tons of zombies and pigmen in some electric armor. Haven't seen so much yet. Halloween related?

Nether 256x256 quarry constantly stops working because some weird thin lava remains. I have pump there. Can I use 8-radius chunk loader for the quarry?
I tried, but then server felt bad (not sure if because of the quarry), so I removed the chunk loader just in case.

About sunday evening server was printing messages like "Server seems to be frozen and will reboot is not get better", and in like 30 sec "Server got better, no restart needed". After like 4-5 times it finally crashed :)

We (RX and me, and if DOM uses RX's portal - and DOM) have the prettiest Nether portal building on the server (I guess :) ). Simple but nice. Have some flaws still and some minor improvement planed. And it is low-latency safe, has a chamber under the portal, so falling people have a chance to live :)

InsaneJ
2nd November 2015, 09:21
Sounds like you guys are busy :)

The Carpenter's Blocks trapdoors can be set by right- or left clicking them with the CB hammer. I've set the ones at my portal to player only so zombie pigmen don't walk in and out of the building.

My portal building is made out of blast resistant blocks that you'd normally use to contain a nuclear reactor blast. After the incident with ethe I felt this was necessary :B

Heptagon_ru
2nd November 2015, 09:52
Sounds like you guys are busy :)

The Carpenter's Blocks trapdoors can be set by right clicking them. I've set the ones at my portal to player only so zombie pigmen don't walk in and out of the building.

My portal building is made out of blast resistant blocks that you'd normally use to contain a nuclear reactor blast. After the incident with ethe I felt this was necessary :B

Yep, we don't have a fusion reactor and force field yet, so envy helps a lot (me at least) :-P
Actually atm my coal engine ring - 20 engines - pretty much covers all my power needs.

Trapdoors - hmmm, I tried most of these click variants. One click type cycles between wooden<->iron behavior. One - between hatch looks. Other - turns hatch to a different direction, Another - returns the painting block which u put into it earlier.
Will try more and test your hatches, if it can be opened by other players that would be awesome, thanks!

Will check out your building then. Please tell us about the nuclear incident with Ethe? Preferably - with many exaggerations and painting Ethe as an evil genius ( he can't argue while he is busy :) ). Or it was described on the forum? :)))

Heptagon_ru
2nd November 2015, 17:44
Hmm, J ... I visited your blast-proof Nether building and didnt found any hatches (trapdoors). Only pressure plates and buttons. Btw, I can't press any button there (orange wool).

I tried clicking CB's hatch with all ways: with CB's hammer, without it, right, left, sneak or not - no success. Maybe it was the CB's safe you thought u can switch modes? I will google some more, but can't find a good search phrase atm.

Heptagon_ru
11th November 2015, 09:10
Nether 256x256 quarry constantly stops working because some weird thin lava remains. I have pump there. Can I use 8-radius chunk loader for the quarry?

I got tired of manually removing glitched lava remains after each few levels quarry mines, so have just placed a 8-radius chunk loader in the ceiling, in the middle of quarry. Right before server restart btw :))) So I placed it this morning, plan to remove approx in 8 hours, this evening, Usually the server is pretty empty during the day, so I hope the extra chunks will not disturb anyone.

InsaneJ
11th November 2015, 19:47
Don't worry about the chunk loader. You should always place a chunk loader inside of a QuarryPlus :)

Heptagon_ru
11th November 2015, 20:17
Thanksawesome!!!!!!!

Heptagon_ru
17th November 2015, 07:37
Gravity gun is so awesome when need to move a filled chest or barrel. And cheap.

InsaneJ
17th November 2015, 09:17
The supercharged one also lets you pick up mobs and players. It's a bit expensive though since it needs a Nether Star. But we've got that covered. Mupje is breeding some scary bees that produce Wither Skeleton Skulls and DOM is going to write a program that will automatically create Wither bosses that then get killed inside of a MFFS force field --> automated Nether Stars :)

Heptagon_ru
17th November 2015, 09:43
I thought the only additional feature of the supercharged one is to make creepers blow up when they land. Now I get it, makes much more sense, considering Half-Life origin :)

Wiki says that you can make the supercharged one by being near a lightning - e.g. by creating a Twilight Forest portal - and having the ordinary one in the hotbar. Any experience with that?

Force field - ah, that's what is that strange empty-looking building with two levers with a very scary labels on them, near your grinder factory. Awesome!
Could you please invite me to the first test if it is possible?