PDA

View Full Version : Falling through space when logging on

PauletteP
29th November 2015, 20:34
I am falling through space when logging on. I have also noticed a lot of people logging on and quitting. Just before it happened, I had placed a dirt block behind and to the right of a stair (not on top of). I hope that this isn't what caused the issue. :confused::( -23,65,-7453

InsaneJ
29th November 2015, 21:27
Going to those coordinates causes no problems for me other than that they seemed to be in- or underground? Standing top side I see this:

Falling through the floor is often a symptom of not having a very good connection to the server. To verify this please go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and select Amsterdam as a server and then run a test.

For TFC to work ideal you'll need 1mbit of upload and 5mbit of download with a latency below 100ms. If you don't reach these numbers that doesn't mean you can't play TFC on our server, just that the connection is less than ideal. Having less upload can cause the client to get disconnected. Not having enough download can cause chunks to load very slowly or not at all, especially after joining or teleporting to another location. Having higher latency can cause rubber banding effect or block lag.

The people who log of right after logging on is often caused by the mod control we're running on the server. This kicks clients that have mods installed which we haven't whitelisted on our server.

That all being said. It could also be a problem with my Internet connection. Although at the moment I see no evidence of that. Here's the current latency graph for the past 8 hours. It shows a latency of just over 3ms to my Internet gateway which is located at a data center at the Amsterdam Internet Exchange.

PauletteP
29th November 2015, 22:11
Thanks for looking at this for me so quickly! I thought I had broke something by putting the dirt near the stair after reading that if you put dirt on top of a chiseled block that you wouldn't be able to log back on. So relieved that I didn't break anything:) I used the coordinates from the dynmap, you were in the right place. Thanks again.

Going to those coordinates causes no problems for me other than that they seemed to be in- or underground? Standing top side I see this:

Falling through the floor is often a symptom of not having a very good connection to the server. To verify this please go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and select Amsterdam as a server and then run a test.

For TFC to work ideal you'll need 1mbit of upload and 5mbit of download with a latency below 100ms. If you don't reach these numbers that doesn't mean you can't play TFC on our server, just that the connection is less than ideal. Having less upload can cause the client to get disconnected. Not having enough download can cause chunks to load very slowly or not at all, especially after joining or teleporting to another location. Having higher latency can cause rubber banding effect or block lag.

The people who log of right after logging on is often caused by the mod control we're running on the server. This kicks clients that have mods installed which we haven't whitelisted on our server.

That all being said. It could also be a problem with my Internet connection. Although at the moment I see no evidence of that. Here's the current latency graph for the past 8 hours. It shows a latency of just over 3ms to my Internet gateway which is located at a data center at the Amsterdam Internet Exchange.