PDA

View Full Version : Question about server transfer.

CorpseDrop
6th November 2016, 20:43
Hi, I joined the Ark and started playing on the Scorched Earth server recently. I'm interested in transferring to Valhalla because desert life is rough for a solo newbie.

I'd like to know if anyone tried transferring dinos before? I looked it up and I'm worried I might lose my dinos if I don't make it to a Beacon within 24h.

Or would my character spawn right on a beacon when I transfer it?

Could anyone also tell me how to use global chat? I've seen players type in yellow text but I can only use local and tribe chat.
Google search says use Insert key but that does nothing. I tried pretty much all single keys on my keyboard. I don't understand why it isn't listed in the controls menu.

Thanks!

Jiro_89
7th November 2016, 00:27
Press the enter key to open the text box for global chat, then hit enter again.

Insert is for local chat, only players nearby will read it.

It's true you only have 24 hours to retrieve any items and dinos you send through the beacon, but you can transfer your character as well. Hit 'transmit ark data' in the top left. Simply upload the dinosaurs you want to bring along and put any items you want to bring in the transmit box then finish by uploading your character. Join the HappyDiggers server of your choosing and at the character spawn screen select 'download character' in the bottom right. If you already have a character you can die, get to the spawn screen, and overwrite it. After downloading your character simply visit an obelisk or loot crate and hit 'transmit ark data' again in the top left. Pull your items out of the box and download your dinosaurs.

CorpseDrop
7th November 2016, 15:21
Thanks Jiro!
So my downloaded character will need to choose a spawn point then find an obelisk on foot to download the dinos, right?

Now I get it, I bound local chat to the Enter key, no wonder I can't get global chat!

Jiro_89
8th November 2016, 01:28
Thanks Jiro!
So my downloaded character will need to choose a spawn point then find an obelisk on foot to download the dinos, right?

Now I get it, I bound local chat to the Enter key, no wonder I can't get global chat!

Or a loot crate, yes. For doing a big transfer I would suggest finding a spot you like and setting up some sort of starter base so you have a place for the new dinos you're transferring.