PDA

View Full Version : possible mod for The Island server (or all of them I suppose)

MikeMcG
13th March 2017, 15:41
Have you ever looked at the poo and egg collector mod at all? could be quite useful :D

Dourne
13th March 2017, 23:56
Have you ever looked at the poo and egg collector mod at all? could be quite useful :D

Best thing since sliced bread. love it.

Jiro_89
14th March 2017, 00:34
Yep, we used to have it on Valhalla and it was amazing. The mod author Pegi (Now called FennecFox) is probably the best mod author out there. She runs a whole slew of mods and has kept them up to date consistently without fail. Out of all the mods we ran from Valhalla, this is one I wouldn't necessarily mind adding to The Island and Scorched Earth as it poses the least amount of risk. I'm currently having some trouble with the Ark backups, once that is resolved I'll consider adding it.

St0rmkr0w
14th March 2017, 11:54
Sweet, Thx Mike for suggesting this Mod! Looking forward to using it when you manage to add it to the servers :o

MikeMcG
14th March 2017, 17:26
awesome :D looking forward to this coming in :D

Jiro_89
16th March 2017, 08:12
The "Egg N Poop Collector / Incubator" mod has been added to The Island and Scorched Earth. It will not be added to The Center due to the nature of the gametype of Primitive Plus.

MikeMcG
16th March 2017, 10:10
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey :D thank you

Panda
16th March 2017, 14:49
This is awesome!! Thanks very much Jiro. Look forward to seeing it in action!

Jiro_89
17th March 2017, 22:29
Structures plus added their own version of the Egg/Poop collector and now the Egg N Poop/Incubator Collector is redundant. I'm removing the mod from The Island and Scorched Earth.

- New Structure: S+ Item Collector (will pick up unfertilized eggs, poop, achatina paste, allows preserving salt in inventory, uses propellant for fuel)

MikeMcG
20th March 2017, 18:30
hey buddy, sorry to be a pain but is there any chance we can get this back? the S+ one is naff, it needs propellant to work which can only be picked up from Scorched Earth (which is a bit rubbish for people who don't have the DLC) and on top of that it doesn't have an incubator or the fertilizer section either.

Cheers

St0rmkr0w
20th March 2017, 19:43
hey buddy, sorry to be a pain but is there any chance we can get this back? the S+ one is naff, it needs propellant to work which can only be picked up from Scorched Earth (which is a bit rubbish for people who don't have the DLC) and on top of that it doesn't have an incubator or the fertilizer section either.

Cheers

Have to agree with Mike here, the S+ Collector is a good effort but it's lacking the ability to make fertilizer from the poo it collects and incubate the fertilized eggs. The "powered by propellant" is a handicap to those who don't own the SE expansion but more of a pain in the ass for those of us who do.

Cheers
Storm

Epimetheus
23rd March 2017, 12:52
I have a mod proposal: Death helper. In short it helps you to find your corpse and get your items back when you died, also it has a suicide potion. I normaly wouldnt ask for this since its a PvP server and you can get your stuff easily back, also it reduces the lose of a death what makes a survival game a bit less actractive. BUT: In the last week i disconnected a LOT, just yesterday i disconnected 2 times underwater, obviously i died and lost my gear + 2 Basilosaurus because i couldnt find them anymore. I think most of the players dont die to dinos or players (most player are high lvl) but to disconnects which happens frequently. Also you can get stuck on Scorched Earth pretty easy ( dont ask me why the map designers didnt fix it already), so the suicide potion helps for that. Maybe you can deactivate the option to get your stuff back or maybe you have another mod which is similiar in finding your corpse. But i would rly like it since it takes away the fun/possibility of the game when you have to fear to disconnect when you are doing something and you can lose a very good dino/stuff you need for the activity, so you dont even try.

If you have arguments for/against it feel free to share, but dont forget everybody is in a tribe so they can search with 3-5 people....

Jiro_89
23rd March 2017, 21:42
Have to agree with Mike here, the S+ Collector is a good effort but it's lacking the ability to make fertilizer from the poo it collects and incubate the fertilized eggs. The "powered by propellant" is a handicap to those who don't own the SE expansion but more of a pain in the ass for those of us who do.

Cheers
Storm

You don't need the incubator to incubate eggs, you only need a couple of S+ air conditioners. Anybody can obtain propellant on any of the servers. The S+ grinder has all of the recipes for propellant and other S+ items in it. The collector collects hundreds of different sizes of poo, it's just as simple to move the poo to nearby compost bins or dung beetles for processing. At this point the only thing the Egg N Poop/Incubator mod brings to the table is the fertilizer. Everything else is redundant, so it's not worth increasing the server mods for that.

I have a mod proposal: Death helper. In short it helps you to find your corpse and get your items back when you died, also it has a suicide potion. I normaly wouldnt ask for this since its a PvP server and you can get your stuff easily back, also it reduces the lose of a death what makes a survival game a bit less actractive. BUT: In the last week i disconnected a LOT, just yesterday i disconnected 2 times underwater, obviously i died and lost my gear + 2 Basilosaurus because i couldnt find them anymore. I think most of the players dont die to dinos or players (most player are high lvl) but to disconnects which happens frequently. Also you can get stuck on Scorched Earth pretty easy ( dont ask me why the map designers didnt fix it already), so the suicide potion helps for that. Maybe you can deactivate the option to get your stuff back or maybe you have another mod which is similiar in finding your corpse. But i would rly like it since it takes away the fun/possibility of the game when you have to fear to disconnect when you are doing something and you can lose a very good dino/stuff you need for the activity, so you dont even try.

If you have arguments for/against it feel free to share, but dont forget everybody is in a tribe so they can search with 3-5 people....

We had this mod on Valhalla and it wasn't really that useful. The huge drawback is that it doesn't work in the water. It has a lot of issues with invisible and disappearing corpses in the water. Not many people had a use for it on land because most people just didn't die on land often, if at all. I'm also not a fan of the mod because it makes the game easier and less risky. I try not to add too many quality of life mods that would deter from the original survival aspect of the game, especially the PvP aspect of it. Valhalla proved that too many mods also can corrupt a world map permanently. As far as soloing goes, I've been soloing in my tribe on multiple servers for some 8+ months now without problems getting back to a corpse if I needed too. It's all about being prepared, having spare pteras, ichthys, etc that you can use to recover your body.

St0rmkr0w
27th March 2017, 15:16
You don't need the incubator to incubate eggs, you only need a couple of S+ air conditioners. Anybody can obtain propellant on any of the servers. The S+ grinder has all of the recipes for propellant and other S+ items in it. The collector collects hundreds of different sizes of poo, it's just as simple to move the poo to nearby compost bins or dung beetles for processing. At this point the only thing the Egg N Poop/Incubator mod brings to the table is the fertilizer. Everything else is redundant, so it's not worth increasing the server mods for that.

Jiro, it has been my experience that the incubator prevents the Egg n Poop collector from picking up a fertilized egg while you are trying to incubate it, with or without S+ air-conditioners, the incubator multiplier is also a great help when you are trying to replenish your Dino Army for Boss Arena's.
It's all well and good to point out that the S+ Grinder can produce Propellant but that adds additional hurdles to overcome before you are able to utilise the S+ Item Collector vs the simplicity of the Egg n Poop Collector (learn engram -> craft it -> place it -> turn it on -> simples!). Like I said before the new S+ Item Collector is a good start but it's not a replacement for the Egg n Poop collector Mod in it's current state.

So any chance we could get the Egg n Poop Collector mod back?

Storm

Jiro_89
27th March 2017, 18:52
With S+ structures fulfilling the same functions as the Egg N Poop Collector mod, not a chance. I'm not going to add a redundant mod that takes up server resources and causes server down times for updates when we already get the same results from S+. As for the incubator, that multiplier was always 1. Valhalla had the mod installed, the multiplier for hatching was set to 1. When the mod was briefly on the other Ark servers the multiplier was set to 1. There is absolutely no change to hatching speed whether you were to use the mod incubator or air conditioners, hence it is redundant in that regard as well.