PDA

View Full Version : TFC2 Alpha

Rainnmannx
12th April 2017, 17:13
In case you missed it TFC2 has an alpha release :).

Heptagon_ru
12th April 2017, 18:42
I tried to see some description what it is and how it is different from TFC atm, but didnt find so decided to wait :)

Rainnmannx
12th April 2017, 19:12
So far from what I have gathered, the tiers will go by islands, have to do a certain thing to defeat the island, then you can portal to next one. No tfc food, they are going to use Pam's harvest for that. No chisel or planks, more about progression and beating island then building. Probably should be called something else then tfc2 ;).

InsaneJ
12th April 2017, 19:57
A link would be useful :B

Rainnmannx
12th April 2017, 21:02
http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/9812-015-tfc2-prerelease/

Here's the link.

Chogata
13th April 2017, 10:34
So far there is nothing to see except island generation, lots of new animals and new physics. And new campfire, the only things you can craft are campfire and fire starter, I think ;)

It's for catching bugs at this stage, not for playing... But later some kind of a snapshot server would be nice {hint, hint} ;)

Rainnmannx
13th April 2017, 13:23
There are 4 items you can craft by knapping. Hammer, knife, hoe, and axe. Lots of new trees, well how they generate that is =P.
The new physics is cool, although not being geared towards building moots that a bit. No more floating bridges.

InsaneJ
13th April 2017, 14:47
TFC2 alpha snapshot server with the same rules and principles of our Vanilla snapshot server? I think we can do that.

Chogata
14th April 2017, 07:30
TFC2 alpha snapshot server with the same rules and principles of our Vanilla snapshot server? I think we can do that.

Yes, please :D:D:D:D

Heptagon_ru
14th April 2017, 07:58
I am not sure how exactly this island-tier thing works, but it might be less suitable for multiplayer than usual.

If the main goal is to beat the island, then what will do newcomers when all low-tier islands has been opened and wiped from resources?

And for the server with harsh PvP rules, like the snapshot - how newcomers will hide from PVP against established players?
Spawn/road camping might be an issue when land area is small and all routes via portals are limited and can be easily controlled.

Anyway worth trying ofc. For science! (yes, finally finished Portal 2 recently :D )

Chogata
14th April 2017, 11:38
I am not sure how exactly this island-tier thing works, but it might be less suitable for multiplayer than usual.

If the main goal is to beat the island, then what will do newcomers when all low-tier islands has been opened and wiped from resources?

And for the server with harsh PvP rules, like the snapshot - how newcomers will hide from PVP against established players?
Spawn/road camping might be an issue when land area is small and all routes via portals are limited and can be easily controlled.

Anyway worth trying ofc. For science! (yes, finally finished Portal 2 recently :D )

BUT, that's the point. TFC2 is in very early stage now. People are testing it, but all on single player. Having a server will help point out "deal breakers" for multiplayer game and there is a chance, at this stage, that Bioxx might change something to make it more multiplayer friendly. The more advanced the project, the harder it will be to change anything.