PDA

View Full Version : Terrafirmacraft server request unbanned

RebellingSoldier
20th January 2018, 18:26
I was banned for being racist, which may be true, but my friend wanted me to talk to him like this. We went through an event on our lives where he was a black slave, and I was a white slave owner. He wanted me to treat him like a slave because in our mind it was funny to bring up a humorous past. But I didn't want to offend anyone, so I used local chat. I didn't know you could still see my chat in the Dynamic Map. Someone came in and told us "GUYS NO N WORD" so I told him that "nigga" actually didn't mean the N word ending in ER. But I ceased my use in using it, at least I believe. I might have said it again after that. But I don't think so. I probably said the N word ending in ER in local chat, because of the role I was suppose to play. I apologize for saying such profane language. I thought only Bobbi could see it. I would not have said it, my intention was not to make other people offended, and have them dislike me. I don't like to be disliked, or called a liar. What I would prefer is to have the racism dropped, and look just at the language. I don't remember me saying it, but knowing me, I probably said some adult language in local chat or in messages directed towards my friend. So one hour temp-ban (Or jail time as you guys call it) for swearing. Then add on 1-3 more hours just for the hassle. That's not what you have to do, that's just what I'm suggesting. Truthfully I'd take any amount of temp-ban, whether it be one two or three days. I'd prefer it to be shorter (obviously) because I'd like to begin playing your server with my friend again. I believe in second chances, I hope you, and your team does too.

Elbe97
20th January 2018, 19:04
Relevant report: https://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1384-Warned-players-and-banlist&p=19868&viewfull=1#post19868

He wanted me to treat him like a slave because in our mind it was funny to bring up a humorous past. But I didn't want to offend anyone, so I used local chat.

Probably not the best idea to "role play" such topic in publicly acessed chat. (A bit different situation is a private message without complaints of the recipient(s).

You knew the rules, you knew the zero tolerance for such language. We take rules seriously here. Especially when it comes to TFC-specific limits AND language. I'd have to repeat what I have said to you in-game earlier after your ban.

I would not have said it, my intention was not to make other people offended, and have them dislike me. I don't like to be disliked, or called a liar. What I would prefer is to have the racism dropped, and look just at the language. I don't remember me saying it, but knowing me, I probably said some adult language in local chat or in messages directed towards my friend.

It might be just "bad language" BUT without the following attitude and context. Those in lines the Prism log warrant racist context and clearly suggest "white supremacism" which should be out of bounds in every case. THIS also made me to make your punishment from lenghty jail (or temp-ban as you called it), all the way across local ban to global ban.

So one hour temp-ban (Or jail time as you guys call it) for swearing. Then add on 1-3 more hours just for the hassle. That's not what you have to do, that's just what I'm suggesting. Truthfully I'd take any amount of temp-ban, whether it be one two or three days. I'd prefer it to be shorter (obviously) because I'd like to begin playing your server with my friend again. I believe in second chances, I hope you, and your team does too.

Given the amount of not only "the N-word" but a bunch of other, it looks like a rather lenghty punishment as the logs in the report lack lots of other offences irrelevant for global ban by themselves.

RebellingSoldier
20th January 2018, 20:09
White supremacy is a bit far, I was making fun of the feminists, sjws, and black lives matter protests by saying "I'm white I'll use my white privileged on you". That's not even a threat how do you use white privileged to attack someone? He knew what it meant. and as I've said before. I would NOT have said such things if I knew you could see them in the Dynamic map. And also as I've said the N word ending with an A is slang, and it doesn't mean it ending with an ER. I said it a couple times as apart of the gig, but mostly I've ended it with an A

Elbe97
20th January 2018, 21:20
White supremacy is a bit far, I was making fun of the feminists, sjws, and black lives matter protests by saying "I'm white I'll use my white privileged on you". That's not even a threat how do you use white privileged to attack someone? He knew what it meant. and as I've said before. I would NOT have said such things if I knew you could see them in the Dynamic map. And also as I've said the N word ending with an A is slang, and it doesn't mean it ending with an ER. I said it a couple times as apart of the gig, but mostly I've ended it with an A

I see what is going on there. For future keep in mind that those "references", as long as they fullfill the foul language definitions, still fall under our rules and can lead to a (local) ban. It could be hard to distinguish "slang" and/or unintended usage from those phrases which fall under the malicious category, especially in cases similar to yours.

"Roleplaying" or "acting like XY" might be fun, it should meet certain rules and stay clear. Given the situation that you were talking to your friend in local and did not aim to adress certain person and/or group in general voice, I am willing to give you a second chance.

Your ban will be lifted and you will be placed on our warning list for using foul language - meaning that if you break the rules in the future, no matter how minor the harm would be, you will be banned again from our servers, permanently. Please make sure to watch what you type before hitting enter, everything is logged and easy to find.

InsaneJ
20th January 2018, 21:37
I was banned for being racist, which may be true, but my friend wanted me to talk to him like this. We went through an event on our lives where he was a black slave, and I was a white slave owner. He wanted me to treat him like a slave because in our mind it was funny to bring up a humorous past. But I didn't want to offend anyone, so I used local chat. I didn't know you could still see my chat in the Dynamic Map. Someone came in and told us "GUYS NO N WORD" so I told him that "nigga" actually didn't mean the N word ending in ER. But I ceased my use in using it, at least I believe. I might have said it again after that. But I don't think so. I probably said the N word ending in ER in local chat, because of the role I was suppose to play. I apologize for saying such profane language. I thought only Bobbi could see it. I would not have said it, my intention was not to make other people offended, and have them dislike me. I don't like to be disliked, or called a liar. What I would prefer is to have the racism dropped, and look just at the language. I don't remember me saying it, but knowing me, I probably said some adult language in local chat or in messages directed towards my friend. So one hour temp-ban (Or jail time as you guys call it) for swearing. Then add on 1-3 more hours just for the hassle. That's not what you have to do, that's just what I'm suggesting. Truthfully I'd take any amount of temp-ban, whether it be one two or three days. I'd prefer it to be shorter (obviously) because I'd like to begin playing your server with my friend again. I believe in second chances, I hope you, and your team does too.
How about we quit pussy footing around. Nigga is slang for nigger. And you used both. You made racial slurs which warrants a global ban. That means if you get banned like that enough you won't be playing on any other decent Minecraft servers again. And that doesn't just mean HappyDiggers servers.

The ban has already been lifted. I won't go back on Elbe's decision. But if I had responded to your ban appeal sooner, I would have upgraded your ban to a global one. Role playing racism has got to be the lamest excuse I've ever heard. If you mess up again, you can be sure you'll receive a full global ban.

InsaneJ
20th January 2018, 21:46
I have just read your dispute on MCBans. That was a mistake. Starting a dispute on MCBans means you are claiming that we banned you for the wrong reasons. That is not the case. You were clearly being racist.

https://www.mcbans.com/dispute/read/117176

I don't deserve this ban. I was banned for racism but I've never said anything racist. I don't know if it's different in Europe, because I believe this server is based in Europe, but "nigga" where I come from means "A friend". It doesn't mean the N word ending in "er". You can literally hear people saying this all over where I'm from. I did not know you considered "nigga" to be racist. You didn't define what you claimed to be "racist". Actually, the definition of "race" in biology, concludes that it's non-existant, it's not real. That's not why I went through the hassle of making this account just to try to get un-banned. I like your server, I don't find many "Player V Entity" servers, mostly Player Vs Player, and I don't like that.

You're lying. Also: biology... so racism doesn't exist? You have got to be out of your mind if you think we're buying that.

The ban stays and it will be global. Feel free to dispute the ban on MCBans if you like. But with the evidence we have against you, that will certainly fail.

Jiro_89
23rd January 2018, 04:56
Obviously this player didn't actually read the threads in the Ban/UnBan Requests or he would have seen the thread I posted about "Dispute Versus Appeal (https://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1756-Dispute-Versus-Appeal)".

For any player wanting to have any shot at getting back on HappyDiggers servers after a ban, DO NOT DISPUTE YOUR BAN ON MCBANS. You're almost guaranteed to be rejected by our staff as you're attacking our reputation on MCBans by saying that HappyDiggers staff have wrongfully accused you of what you've done even though we always post evidence associated with bans which means that YOU DID INFACT DO WHAT YOU DID to land yourself a ban. The whole point of an appeal is to apologize and ask for a second chance. The whole point of an MCBans disupute is to attack the server's reputation and say that we're lying.