PDA

View Full Version : A TFC Competition Thing

_DragonTamer
20th May 2018, 05:08
So what if we had some kind of competition where the winner gets some reward not usually attainable, like an enchanted item. It seems like something that might get a community response. I noticed Dourne was trying to get a scavenger hunt thing going on the vanilla server. Idk lemme know if thats of interest to anyone.
_DT

InsaneJ
23rd May 2018, 18:20
Sure. It shouldn't be that hard to come up with some non-OP items for prizes.

What kind of competition did you have in mind?

_DragonTamer
26th May 2018, 20:53
Well we could have some kind of scavenger hunt thing with riddles and or maps that u have to match to the dynmap. Or if the pvp island was completed, it could be gladiatorial combat. No pressure there :) .

Elbe97
28th May 2018, 11:52
I think that we can re-live something like The Best Towns of Happydiggers competition also. Given that there are enough towns to participate, of course. Despite the TFC server being a bit sleepy, there might be a good ten people from different towns.

Perhaps we could go a bit further and start some kind of "peaceful" contest - with architecture and chiselling categories, maybe resource gathering on time? I can think of milk harvesting/cheese producing, rum making, etc...

The PvP Island is sure being made for such combat events, it has time :)

Anyway I like the idea, I might look closer into taking care of some events if there is enough interest in the future. :)

//EDIT:

As for rewards I propose:

-vanilla lapis dye/blocks
-netherrack
-brown dye (cocoa beans)
-vanilla diamonds
-end-game stuff from TFC progress?

This would have to be properly regulated. Probably we can re-establish something along the lines of the former competition if we were to go for some kind of a contest.

_DragonTamer
30th May 2018, 01:20
I certainly do like those ideas. Netherrack would be something really nice to have.