PDA

View Full Version : New Ark Servers Discussion Thread

Jiro_89
24th September 2018, 00:29
While an Extinction server is already guaranteed to be added when released, I'm looking into the addition of another Ark server to our cluster. Having a donor only server has been appealing for a couple of years now, we just haven't had the resources to make one without losing access to something elsewhere. Now that we have more RAM to work with this is currently what I'm considering:

- Converting the Scorched Earth server into a donor only server. This is our least populated/popular map, but it's an official map, has been running for several years, and has a very low server resource footprint. If converted to donor only, I would also spice up the server with some more perks such as having S+ dino locations turned on.

- Adding a new modded map with a twist. The map would be an anything goes PvP server where the wipe rules would not apply. I'm play testing The Volcano (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=715028562&searchtext=) and ISO Crystal Isles (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804312798&searchtext=) on a test server right now. The current thought is that the server would have advantageous rates and other unique capabilities, only characters can transfer to the server, items/dinos/characters can transfer out, and many other settings tweaked to allow for a 'wild wild west' style of a server.

If you have suggestions, objections, or anything in between feel free to post some replies and get some conversation going about what we can do to improve our Ark cluster.

Jiro_89
24th September 2018, 02:19
I've setup a test server that will be hosting various maps for exploring and play testing to see what map(s) could be viable for HappyDiggers. VIPs and Staff members that are interested can post here and let me know if they want to be whitelisted. Though the test server is on the cluster, no uploads or downloads will be permitted.

Chogata
24th September 2018, 08:42
My 2 cents.

Cent 1) Isn't SE necessary to obtain all TEK engrams? If yes, converting it to donor only will spoil the game for non-donors...

Cent 2) Personally, I would like a) a new map, I know SE like the back of my hand, b) I wouldn't play on an aggressive PvP at all. My fondest wish is to have at least one HD server (not necessarily the donor one) as a strict PvE. I don't know how many users feel the same, but for me the fun is in raising dinos and conquering the environment, not in worrying what will happen to my base when I'm offline. The current servers, while PvP, are rather peaceful, so that was the reason I stayed for as long as I did.

I know I don't play right now. I would like to return one day (it looks like maybe I could, come Christmas). With new tek rexes I will need to restart my breeding program anyway, so there is still a lot of fun waiting for me ;)

Chogata
24th September 2018, 11:03
Oh, and I should have time to play first weekend of October, so yes, please, I want test access :o One weekend is not a lot to start playing Ark again, but for testing it will be fun.

Epimetheus
24th September 2018, 18:09
You arent quite right Chogata, SE has nothing you cant get on the other servers (only exception: phoenix, but its a prestige dino only).

Also about the PVE aspect, the current servers are so peacefull its almost only pve (tell me the times you saw smb talking about a done/current raid, i promise you you can count it on your hand). By bringing in a server with actuall pvp we can probably appeal to more players, exspecially since most people know that many people on the servers are allied which decreases pvp even more to almost 0%.

Currently, there is only dino breeding for lategame players like myself, i go on, hatch the eggs i got from my hatchery, see if i got a dino with higher lvl than usuall, if yes i bring it to the nanny and log off, if not, i just log off. There is nothing to do when you have much progress.
Thats why PvP is there to make the game more challenging and exciting.

Vikusha
24th September 2018, 18:29
there is one issue lets say we do make one server pve, a raider might take advantage of pve server to go into pvp server to raid and come back to pve with raid spoils he got from someone's base. And that player would not worry about being raided. Unless Jiro makes it so we cant transfer items to pve server, this way a raider cant take advantage to hide in pve server, and must face the person who finds out who did it.

I do think the donor server would be by far safest than any other maps, most of the donor people we know are the ones we can trust.

And i do like the idea of SE becoming donor map. We just have to make sure the people who are currently logged off their main characters in SE will have a chance to pack their belonging and dinos to move to their main base on another map.

~~~

And i would like to test the new map. *-*

Chogata
24th September 2018, 18:40
Well...

1) If PvP is donor only, it won't bring that many new players. Ask J how many donors are there in total. So it would be more of a playground for current players to start serious warfare ;) But if this is what everybody wants (except me :p ), then that's what should be done.

2) PvE server would have to be character-only transferable, same as agressive PvP. Any server with significantly "different" rules that the whole cluster would have to be character-only transferable, otherwise it would get misused.

Vikusha
24th September 2018, 21:30
I disagree if you make all servers characters transferable only, then i will not be bale to bring my own artifact to use in another map, i will have to go and hunt each map to get artifacts so i could do the boss there.

Also Jiro, someone disagree about making SE donor only, reason is why make SE map donor only for something that people have paid for. and he says make Ragnarok donor only. As it was created for people to get SE things easy except the phoenix. reason : " its easier to obtain everything there"

ermm idk what i did... but now my text is like this XD

dentodili
24th September 2018, 21:32
I strongly object making a map that is a PAID DLC a donor only map, it's like telling people, oh you bought this, well pay more.

Donor maps should offer seclusion and motivate people to pay for access. SE does neither of those things as it offers nothing that doesnt exist on other maps and only limits access to a product that people bought.

Many will dislike this but i would strongly suggest making access to THE CENTER/RAGNAROK(created so people dont have to buy SE it is literally a way to get wyverns without having SE), limited to donors only, considering Ragnarok is very highly populated i know many would object, but that map is so over saturated that it even has performance issues. It will benefit the most from the donor only access as it also provides very easy to defeat bosses which make it even more lucrative(alongside piles of easily obtainable loot and farmable minibosses).

If you would completely disregard the idea about Ragnarok, then i still suggest THE CENTER as a donor only map, it will not limit access to anything and provide a map that is going to be fresh and ripe for the taking so many would be tempted to donate just to be able to establish a base of operations there :)

I understand most would disagree as they already have massive bases on Ragnarok, but if you want to keep the server as great as it is at least do not limit access to something the people bought with money like SE.

Chogata
24th September 2018, 21:46
I disagree if you make all servers characters transferable only, then i will not be bale to bring my own artifact to use in another map, i will have to go and hunt each map to get artifacts so i could do the boss there.

Not all servers. Just the one that has different rules than all the others, be it PvE one or agressive PvP one. Jiro suggested it himself, probably for the same reason I stated.

Metamorfos
24th September 2018, 22:40
I like things the way they are. With the DLC inc, won't have time to play on 4 maps anyway.

Jiro_89
25th September 2018, 03:10
Folks are making some valid points and I appretiate that. One thing everybody seems to not be considering are the maps I listed.

ISO Crystal Isles:

Currently on the test server
Fantasy style map
Beautiful landscapes/caves/floating isles/etc
Has unique weather effect
New dino spawns (some crystal/liquid dinos which is sort of the lore of the map)
All dino spawns
All resource types
All bosses
Surface 75% complete, cave 20%, underworld/deep sea 25%
Devs have promised to continue to add new Ark content to the map as it rolls out
2 Years of continued development and support
Sponsored mod by Ark (Chance for official DLC in the future)

The Volcano:

I have not opened up yet
Has all dino spawns
All resource types
All bosses
All types of caves including tek cave
100% complete
2 Years of continued development and support
Sponsored mod by Nitrado (A server service Ark works with)

The assumption that making SE donor only would exclude people from content doesn't really factor into one of these modded maps as they essentially have everything that other maps have other than perhaps the amount of resources.

I understand that some people enjoy PvE and that our servers are for the most part PvEish which was never really my intention when creating the Ark servers several years ago. Essentially, I wanted to have Ark servers that would have official server style PvP without the crappy rates but also wouldn't randomly shut down due to admins losing interest. We have one of the few Ark servers in existence that has NEVER been wiped, it's older than all of the official servers (not counting legacy which aren't supported anyway).

Having typed that, that doesn't mean PvE is off the table, but it would probably be completely isolated from our cluster if we had one. Even transferring characters with no items can lead to problems since the player could gain xp and tek engrams in a safe environment before transferring back to PvP. In my experience, having an isolated server from the cluster is a death sentence in terms of player count so that makes it difficult to justify a standalone PvE server.

Now for the comment about not making a paid DLC into a donor map. We've already done this before, albeit temporarily. The Aberration release last year was locked for donors only for a while. And as I mentioned in my original post, whatever map is for donors WILL have extra benefits beyond just being locked to donors. If folks didn't understand how much of an advantage the S+ dino tracking is, you should go play with that and see just how nice something like that can be. We had it on the servers for a time and it was so good that I had to disable it because big name tribes were snatching up the best dinos before anyone else could.

I really don't see the point in using The Center map again (for those that don't know, we used to have one). Sure it's free DLC, but the map is terrible in a server resource sense and has many bugs. It took WildCard almost 2 YEARS to update their bosses on the map. They've made it clear they don't care about that map, and it has been outclassed by pretty much every newer map released afterward. I could almost run 2 servers for the same resources it'd take to do one Center map. So there would have to be a pretty good reason to even consider that route since we have much better maps to choose from.

-Chogata and Vikusha added to the whitelist.

Dourne
25th September 2018, 03:58
me:
whatever works. heavy pvp means i may or may not play it. on the fence for this and extinction coming soon.

wife:

My fondest wish is to have at least one HD server (not necessarily the donor one) as a strict PvE
2nd this notion as will my wife. It is her preferred play style. I would build an elaborate house/building without caring where i would put turrets. a fantasy style map would lend itself to the creative processes of the imagination.

Chogata
25th September 2018, 08:57
me:
whatever works. heavy pvp means i may or may not play it. on the fence for this and extinction coming soon.

wife:
My fondest wish is to have at least one HD server (not necessarily the donor one) as a strict PvE
2nd this notion as will my wife. It is her preferred play style. I would build an elaborate house/building without caring where i would put turrets. a fantasy style map would lend itself to the creative processes of the imagination.

Say hi to your wife from me ;)

The Crystal Isles map sounds very interesting, my prospects for getting on the server this week are slim to none, but maybe I'll squeeze in an hour. If not, I will test next week, on single if it's no longer on test server then.

Chogata
25th September 2018, 22:28
Okay, I managed to play. I like this map :cool:

Jiro_89
26th September 2018, 02:00
For those that are testing, the spectator password is "TestTime"

To initiate spectator hit the TAB key, then enter "enablespectator TestTime"

This will allow you to travel across the whole map in a matter of seconds, and explore areas you normally couldn't do without building up in game.

dentodili
26th September 2018, 14:20
I tried Crystal Isles when it was still very early in its development, back then it had the option to tame wyverns passively and you could mine element is that still the case ? I think that map with its extra generous mechanics might make for a very good donor map. In fact maps like this would be a great donation motivator as people do not need to buy DLCs and can just donate to the server instead in order to have access to all the dino spawns those servers provide :)

Chogata
26th September 2018, 22:35
For those that are testing, the spectator password is "TestTime"

To initiate spectator hit the TAB key, then enter "enablespectator TestTime"

This will allow you to travel across the whole map in a matter of seconds, and explore areas you normally couldn't do without building up in game.

Tried this, didn't work, googled, found "requestspectator TestTime". This works, in case anybody wants to test. I think what you wrote, Jiro, is an admin-only command :)

Anyway, I did some sightseeing and I have to say all the best spots can already be seen simply by dying and spawning in all possible spawning points. Still lots of unfinished areas - don't know how those will behave after update if somebody builds a base there...

I will be curious to compare it with the Volcano map.

Jiro_89
27th September 2018, 02:02
The Volcano map is up and running now. IP: happydiggers.net:32015 (http://steam://connect/happydiggers.net:32015)

InsaneJ
27th September 2018, 09:55
I fixed the link :B

Chogata
27th September 2018, 20:59
I've seen The Volcano today. I like it, mainly because it is finished. The Crystal Isles look pretty in places and terrain is more sofisticated, but they lack any decor (ruins etc) and have many areas that are still basically empty. The Volcano has a little bit of everything and lots of nice spots to settle in.

I don't know what the plan is for the donor server. If it is supposed to last forever, then Crystal Isles map has more potential. If it's supposed to be exchanged to something new from time to time (every 6/9/12 months), then playing a map that is already complete is a much better idea...

Anyway, I'm offline until Monday. Might be able to check the forums a couple of times, but certainly no more testing.

P.S. Bob wants PvE too ;)

Jiro_89
28th September 2018, 00:59
I
P.S. Bob wants PvE too ;)

I've been giving PvE a stronger consideration since so many folks have chimed in on wanting something like that.

Jiro_89
29th September 2018, 05:06
Added another server to throw in during testing. The map is called Tartarus (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1296355722&searchtext=&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1). This is the least developed map in testing, but my first impressions are that it has a lot of potential (check out the ice and poison wyvern caves!). It will have all dinos, bosses, some added dinos like crystal isles, and aberration style caves deep underneath. It's also nice that the map creator has walled off development areas to prevent possible base loss during updates.

Server IP: HappyDiggers.net:33015 (not a steam link)

You may see a long list of HappyDiggers Ark servers now, well that's part of the testing too :)

Chogata
1st October 2018, 22:29
I've seen the Tartarus. Yes, it looks like it has great potential, but it's in very early stages of development imho. I think if we tried to play on it, we would get bored very soon, unless the developer is funded and works with lightning speed ;)

Also, it looks like it's quite hard to get even a basic amount of crystal. I hate it when I have to first tame a ptera to get a spyglass :p

Jiro_89
2nd October 2018, 01:41
we would get bored very soon

That pretty much sums up what would happen on any PvE map we make though regardless of size. Anything cut off from the cluster won't have access to all the different options other maps have. Our The Center Primitive Plus Server was isolated from the cluster and for a year or so it had such a low player population because people would get bored in a few weeks.

Any map chosen needs to be considered for longevity, so short term development isn't really a bad thing. We had Valhalla during development and it was one of the best maps on Ark for a time. We also had Rag before it was considered official DLC.

Chogata
2nd October 2018, 12:43
That pretty much sums up what would happen on any PvE map we make though regardless of size. Anything cut off from the cluster won't have access to all the different options other maps have. Our The Center Primitive Plus Server was isolated from the cluster and for a year or so it had such a low player population because people would get bored in a few weeks.

I agree, except I need to scratch PvE from this sentence. Anything isolated will die out eventually, be it PvE, PvP or the "mild PvP" model used by current HD servers. See how TFC donor servers slowly died out, because everybody preferred to play on Freebie, to be able to play with non-donor friends. I have a feeling you think PvP will be more enticing, but honestly, if it's limited to the same small group of people - how long will you guys be happy to wage wars amongst yourselves before you get bored too?

That's why I was asking about what the plan is for donor server, is it supposed to last as long as possible (as is the style of regular HD Ark servers) or is it supposed to be a server with a map/features/play style changed periodically. Personally I think for the donor server the latter would be more interesting. But that's only me, I don't know what the other donors think.

Any map chosen needs to be considered for longevity, so short term development isn't really a bad thing. We had Valhalla during development and it was one of the best maps on Ark for a time. We also had Rag before it was considered official DLC.

Ragnarok was much more advanced, than Tartarus is now, when you launched it on HD. It would have been (was) an interesting map even if it had never been completed. Same can't (yet) be said about Tartarus. I don't know who is developing Tartarus. If you have confidence that it will be developed, and the speed of development will not be dismal, then it's not a bad choice. If it turns out to be, well, we can always ... (gasp!) ... start over :p ;)

Chogata
3rd October 2018, 21:15
I've seen the new map. Not bad either. Is anybody but me testing? ;)

Jiro_89
10th October 2018, 02:35
I've seen the new map. Not bad either. Is anybody but me testing? ;)

Pretty much ;)

I've started to notice an increase in the RAM usage for the current servers which is probably related to re-activating all of the Ark plugins again. I'll be working on optimizing which plugins are used to find the culprit.

In the mean time, I'm partial to ISO crystal islands as a Scorched Earth Replacement. I liked the original idea of making it donor only, but realistically it has a low population count for a reason. Crystal Islands will probably run as much RAM as Ragnarok, which is fairly high, but salvaging Scorched Earth's RAM would help negate some of that impact.

I'm expecting Extinction to correlate with Aberration in RAM size as well, but if the Ark devs go and make a really big map, then we may have to adjust our expectations a bit on what I can and can't add.

dentodili
12th October 2018, 16:01
I've been giving PvE a stronger consideration since so many folks have chimed in on wanting something like that.

Is it possible to have 1 MAP connected to all the other that has no PVP on it or does it need to be completely separate from the cluster ?

Epimetheus
12th October 2018, 17:49
it needs to be cut off, for balancing reason. Example:
Player A has a base on Ragnarok. He only builds there, he does transfer sometimes to SE or Island but only to tame or to have some adventures. Then there is player B. He has a base on Ragnarok AND the "pve map". He has all his valuable Stuff on the "pve map", farms there, breeds there and does Boss fights there. After he did enough preparations on the "pve map" he decided to raid player A. Player A sees the tribelog on the next day and decides to take revenge. But sadly player B doesnt have anything valuable in his Ragnarok base, its more an outpost. Player A cant do anything against player B but player B can do much against player A. As you can see everyone who doesnt have his main base on the "pve map", has a very big disadvantage. Thats why you would have to seperate the map from the whole cluster.

Chogata
12th October 2018, 22:11
But, I will argue that character only transfer is possible in such setup.Then you can have a big base on PvE map, but if you want to raid somebody on one of the PvP maps, you need another big base on a PvP map, to breed dinos and gather resources for the raid. That base can be raided right back ;) And I'm quite convinced that people interested mainly in raiding will not "waste time" in building a "useless" base on a PvE map, when they need to develop their PvP base for raiding purposes. So their main bases would still end up on PvP maps and be raid-able.

Jiro_89
13th October 2018, 05:02
But, I will argue that character only transfer is possible in such setup.Then you can have a big base on PvE map, but if you want to raid somebody on one of the PvP maps, you need another big base on a PvP map, to breed dinos and gather resources for the raid. That base can be raided right back ;) And I'm quite convinced that people interested mainly in raiding will not "waste time" in building a "useless" base on a PvE map, when they need to develop their PvP base for raiding purposes. So their main bases would still end up on PvP maps and be raid-able.

Character transfers are flawed as well. You can gain xp, tek engrams from bosses, and other character specific advantages in safety on PvE to then be utilized on the PvP servers.

The tek engrams alone is enough to drive people to play PvE for that specific purpose and once you unlock specific tek structures you enter into much higher PvP class advantages.

Chogata
13th October 2018, 15:48
Okay, I think we have different outlooks on what people will and won't do and only time will tell (if we ever have a PvE server). So to end this particular part of the whole discussion, I will say that I'm willing to play on a potential PvE no matter if it totally isolated or not. And not much before Christmas anyway ;)

InsaneJ
13th October 2018, 17:34
I don't care for PvP at all. After playing competitive UnrealTournament (the original) Instagib CTF in the top-20 of Clanbase in the early 2000's I've had my fill. The whole reason to have a PvE server is to get away from the stress PvP brings. And since we don't do pay to win in any kind of way and we can't isolate player gains 100% between PvP/PvE servers in a cluster, it's either:

Everybody gets to join every server in the cluster.

or

PvE server is not part of the cluster.

As I see things right now those are the only acceptable options in my opinion.

dentodili
14th October 2018, 16:50
I don't care for PvP at all. After playing competitive UnrealTournament (the original) Instagib CTF in the top-20 of Clanbase in the early 2000's I've had my fill. The whole reason to have a PvE server is to get away from the stress PvP brings. And since we don't do pay to win in any kind of way and we can't isolate player gains 100% between PvP/PvE servers in a cluster, it's either:

Everybody gets to join every server in the cluster.

or

PvE server is not part of the cluster.

As I see things right now those are the only acceptable options in my opinion.

Completely agree, also PVE brings another issue to the table - Pillaring :)

Chogata
15th October 2018, 12:53
We don't have much problem with pillaring on HD right now, why would it be worse on PvE?

Epimetheus
15th October 2018, 17:38
Because you cant destroy them and there are no disadvantages. On PvP you have to stay kinda hidden if you dont want to be an attractive raid target. That is obv only for small-medium size tribes. On pve there is not a single disadvantage of pillaring for the player who pillars, since stone is easy to farm exspecially with our harvest rates.

Chogata
15th October 2018, 21:27
The no-wipe rule says you can't destroy them on PvP either on HD servers. As to the rest ... I think HD servers, having rules and staff as they do, attract more mature players. I'm not overly worried a PvE map will be totally pillared over in a week. And if I'm wrong, I'm sure Jiro will find a suitably wicked solution to this particular problem ;)

Jiro_89
16th October 2018, 03:33
Update:

I may have narrowed the RAM guzzling problem to two plugins. The Auto plugin update checker (unnecessary), and the Dino Tracker (not functioning anyway).

My current thought process:

- Remove Scorched Earth to salvage RAM.
- Add The Volcano as a PvE map which uses the same amount of RAM Scorched Earth currently uses.
- Add Crystal Islands to the cluster with normal server rates or special PvP server
- Add Extinction when it's released

Crystal Islands uses as much Memory as Ragnarok, which is a lot, and it's still under development. If Extinction requires more Ram than I'm expecting, we may have to cut a server or remove the newly added Crystal Islands. Extinction has priority as that's what was promised from the beginning when we started the donation drive. I'm still considering making a new server donor only as well.

There's no rush on this, so keep discussing possibilities. It's helpful :)

Epimetheus
16th October 2018, 17:34
@chogata: pillars and single foundations are not bases so no, you can destroy them exspecially if you wanna build there a base yourself or they block resources, but back to topic.

I propose we make a test run on vulcano map before we shut down SE, like enable it 1-3 months before we want to shut down SE. If we see that vulcano is popular we can shut down SE, but if there are only 1-2 ppl playing we shouldnt shut SE down, im a bit biased because i have my Main base there but there are other people than me aswell who have a base there or just regulary come there to tame/farm/look around. I think it would be pretty unfair to force the people to pick up their base+tame and move to another server only see nobody plays on vulcano.

Jiro_89
16th October 2018, 22:05
@chogata: pillars and single foundations are not bases so no, you can destroy them exspecially if you wanna build there a base yourself or they block resources, but back to topic.

I propose we make a test run on vulcano map before we shut down SE, like enable it 1-3 months before we want to shut down SE. If we see that vulcano is popular we can shut down SE, but if there are only 1-2 ppl playing we shouldnt shut SE down, im a bit biased because i have my Main base there but there are other people than me aswell who have a base there or just regulary come there to tame/farm/look around. I think it would be pretty unfair to force the people to pick up their base+tame and move to another server only see nobody plays on vulcano.

So the question then becomes, is the reason you want to keep SE because of your established base on the server or do you actually thoroughly enjoy the map? (Open question for others who play SE regularly as well) These new maps can have everything (and more!) that SE has to offer. Crystal Islands in general is like Ragnarok on steroids.

I can make base and tame transitions as smooth as possible by removing previous limitations and restrictions during moving periods if that's the concern. I've always considered SE to be an inferior map in general since it's outclassed in multiple aspects by other maps and the size of the map alone is smaller than most.

Epimetheus
16th October 2018, 23:20
I enjoy SE because it offers some places for great harvesting that you cant (atleast i dont know off) on ragnarok or island till now, atleast not in the same harvest/time ratio. I like how SE looks, like the dessert style, would probably built on the other server in the dessert again. Also i think the wyvern scar on SE is far superior to the ones on rag, exspecially since the lvl update on all servers. Its not only the Base, there are many more factors that keep me on SE.
Its not that im against new maps, its just before we shut SE down for a mode, that doesnt even will have many players (Hello primitive plus Center!) i would like to test it out, since we do have the resources to do it before extinction goes live.

dentodili
18th October 2018, 07:47
So the question then becomes, is the reason you want to keep SE because of your established base on the server or do you actually thoroughly enjoy the map? (Open question for others who play SE regularly as well) These new maps can have everything (and more!) that SE has to offer. Crystal Islands in general is like Ragnarok on steroids.

I can make base and tame transitions as smooth as possible by removing previous limitations and restrictions during moving periods if that's the concern. I've always considered SE to be an inferior map in general since it's outclassed in multiple aspects by other maps and the size of the map alone is smaller than most.

Cant disagree with Jiro on this one, SE doesnt even have an ascention sequence :( Wildcard really gave up on it. A good option to transfer our would be welcome, but the question remains those that transfer out should go somewhere ? Will the new map be up for taking or will it appear aferwards ?

anonxmoud
18th October 2018, 20:02
Maybe its better we keep SE because WC will have future features for that map since there is not alot to do and if they get new content for that map people will ask for SE again.

I personally would love to keep SE, i agree with epi.

dentodili
19th October 2018, 08:31
Maybe its better we keep SE because WC will have future features for that map since there is not alot to do and if they get new content for that map people will ask for SE again.

I hope you're right about this and Wildcard do come back ti finish what they should have :/ It feels so weird that ABB has ascention and SE doesnt...

Jiro_89
20th October 2018, 01:07

Old map updates are exceedingly rare aside from The Island since that was WildCard's original flagship map. Look at The Center, their bosses didn't get fixed for a year and a half. It was completely ignored, and it still has an insane amount of map under-mesh exploits.

dentodili
20th October 2018, 09:44
Old map updates are exceedingly rare aside from The Island since that was WildCard's original flagship map. Look at The Center, their bosses didn't get fixed for a year and a half. It was completely ignored, and it still has an insane amount of map under-mesh exploits.

Quick question regarding the Engrams though, will we be able to learn all SE engrams on other maps ?

anonxmoud
20th October 2018, 21:49
Quick question regarding the Engrams though, will we be able to learn all SE engrams on other maps ?

Yes from ragnarok

Jiro_89
28th October 2018, 21:21
Expect an official announcement regarding topics discussed on this thread within the next few weeks.

dentodili
2nd November 2018, 09:55
Expect an official announcement regarding topics discussed on this thread within the next few weeks.

I cant believe it! WILDCARD might actually meet a deadline for the first time since their existence !

Jiro_89
8th November 2018, 03:28
I've made a preliminary test server for Extinction. I've noticed players have already gotten on it. You should be aware that this is a Test server and as such will be wiped before I release it to the rest of the community. That also means you can't be uploading/downloading things into and out of the cluster for the time being. When the server is officially released you'll have free reign.

Vikusha
8th November 2018, 22:05
Epi and I transferred our mains character to the map. Before map will be wiped the next day ( when the testing period over) , we woudl like to safely transfer our naked chars back to their server, so we don't loose our main chars.

Dourne
9th November 2018, 07:43
same if that is needed

Jiro_89
5th January 2019, 20:56
I'm still working on this, slowly.

The plan is still in development, but it will involve new servers and re-balancing of existing rates, existing mods, and new mods. Any big changes that occur will come with plenty of warning, and a lot of these plans likely won't be implemented until after the server hardware migrates to me in the US. I'm holding off on having InsaneJ send me the hardware until I have everything ready here so we have as little downtime as possible.

In the mean time, feel free to continue to share your thoughts on good maps, mods, and other aspects of Ark you'd like to see and perhaps it will be added in the future :)

Chogata
6th January 2019, 20:38
When/if that PvE server launches, I'm on it.

In the meantime - I'm in love with this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=793605978. No more lengthy notes on which dino had which stat at which level!