PDA

View Full Version : Terrafirmapunk

Dourne
5th November 2018, 18:29
Technodefirmacraft seems to be the techy version of the more fantasy and interactive Terrafirmapunk. thoughts? besides the dead dreams of tfc2 somewhere this millennia, has anyone played terrafirmapunk?

Vikusha
5th November 2018, 19:29
I know Technodefirma was a very nice mod. But somehow it died here on happydiggers. Yolo and me were the last one to join it but it was always empty maybe someone occasionally checked in. And another problem was that it was a donor map which explained the lack of players. I checked TerraFirmaPunk, its interesting mod. andit adds few new stuffs to the game. Has Quest as well.. i believe technodefirma also had the quest .. For those who are interested to see the game its here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE6skCH_ZgM

InsaneJ
5th November 2018, 21:08
The TechnodeFirmaCraft server is nearly done. I've given up on creating a unified permission database for all our servers since we had too much trouble for that. So it's back to the current system: each server has it's own set of perms which need to be managed separately from the rest.

All that's left is to double check the perms, the spawn area and launch the server. But frankly, I don't have the energy to do that right now and staff members weren't exactly enthusiastic for this new server either. So it's still sitting there at 90% done.

https://tnfc.happydiggers.net

Oh, and we may want to add the iso-metric view back to Dynmap like I did for the TFC Freebie server. Rendering that will take a week or two but that's something that can run in the background.

Elbe97
5th November 2018, 23:17
Some people are just not interested in technic stuff. While I might be, I was not in the appropriate player group nor I had proper hardware to play TnFC at the time the old one was up.
I don't have detailed experience with any of the mods, not enough time with another semester near its half again.
However, as J said, there is a WIP TnFC server.

Jiro_89
6th November 2018, 03:46
The TechnodeFirmaCraft server is nearly done. I've given up on creating a unified permission database for all our servers since we had too much trouble for that. So it's back to the current system: each server has it's own set of perms which need to be managed separately from the rest.

All that's left is to double check the perms, the spawn area and launch the server. But frankly, I don't have the energy to do that right now and staff members weren't exactly enthusiastic for this new server either. So it's still sitting there at 90% done.

https://tnfc.happydiggers.net

Oh, and we may want to add the iso-metric view back to Dynmap like I did for the TFC Freebie server. Rendering that will take a week or two but that's something that can run in the background.

If the remote start/stop/restart commands have been added I could get around to doing that within the next few weeks. Not sure I'd be interested in designing a spawn area though, perhaps some moderators could tackle the construction itself.

Dourne
6th November 2018, 07:38
If the remote start/stop/restart commands have been added I could get around to doing that within the next few weeks. Not sure I'd be interested in designing a spawn area though, perhaps some moderators could tackle the construction itself.

Perhaps a community effort? and not necessarily before the server is up.

InsaneJ
6th November 2018, 09:25
Spawn building is in place. Bridges are build thanks to Tenterro. See Dynmap like I posted above :)

I was talking about double checking the rules signs and maze, the spawn place and alternative spawn/teleport zones for when players spawn on the roof instead of in the maze. Maybe seeing about the NPCs running around at spawn. That sort of stuff.

Chogata
6th November 2018, 15:26
As TnFC is hands down my favourite TFC modpack, I want to help anyway I can. I already promised to help test/moderate/whatever is needed a long time ago and was patiently waiting for some news about this server (Rule #1 - don't ask about deadlines ;) ).

So, if I can help in any way, just put me to work. I have the upcoming weekend free, I will even sacrifice my time with the new Ark map if necessary. I can roam the maze and check it out, compare it with the one at freebie (if I figure out how to "reset" me so I start out in the maze).

Elbe97
6th November 2018, 16:26
As TnFC is hands down my favourite TFC modpack, I want to help anyway I can. I already promised to help test/moderate/whatever is needed a long time ago and was patiently waiting for some news about this server (Rule #1 - don't ask about deadlines ;) ).

So, if I can help in any way, just put me to work. I have the upcoming weekend free, I will even sacrifice my time with the new Ark map if necessary. I can roam the maze and check it out, compare it with the one at freebie (if I figure out how to "reset" me so I start out in the maze).

You can go to the maze by typing /t spawn spawn (town spawn of the spawn NPC town). Jiro fixed that some time ago I believe.

I can also do some testing if needed, I think I can spare a few hours during the upcoming weekend.