PDA

View Full Version : Dino shred in 2 seconds

Ajax
6th December 2018, 18:22
So as the title name suggests this is regarding a case that has happend to me and doofy. As me and doofy where underwater gathering toxins, bile and black Pearls. Suddenly doofy died and his 50K HP tuso died in roughly 2 seconds. my 30K HP mosa whas spared but lost 13K HP in about 1 or 2 seconds.

so after looking what happend it turned out it where turrets from greyfire.
the first thing that popped up in my mind whas how in gods name can turrets kill a dino of that magnitude so fast.
And why can turrets shoot underwater.
It seems in this case s+ turrets are way to over powerd.

i hope can get a explanation for this. Because this just ruins a whole of fun in the game if you are just swimming and suddenly get oneshotted.

With friendly regards Ajax

Jiro_89
7th December 2018, 01:02
So as the title name suggests this is regarding a case that has happend to me and doofy. As me and doofy where underwater gathering toxins, bile and black Pearls. Suddenly doofy died and his 50K HP tuso died in roughly 2 seconds. my 30K HP mosa whas spared but lost 13K HP in about 1 or 2 seconds.

so after looking what happend it turned out it where turrets from greyfire.
the first thing that popped up in my mind whas how in gods name can turrets kill a dino of that magnitude so fast.
And why can turrets shoot underwater.
It seems in this case s+ turrets are way to over powerd.

i hope can get a explanation for this. Because this just ruins a whole of fun in the game if you are just swimming and suddenly get oneshotted.

With friendly regards Ajax

What kind of explanation are you looking for? It sucks when you lose your dinos, but that's what happens when you approach turrets. Underwater turrets have been possible in the game since before S+ was even a mod. How do you expect people to defend their underwater bases from raiders? The same scenario would happen if you were flying on a wyvern into a base on land with turrets. Your wyvern would die in seconds.

Heavy turrets have nearly 4x the DPS of normal turrets. S+ heavy turrets are the same DPS as vanilla heavy turrets, it just has more options. I guarantee you weren't 'one shotted' as it takes more than 1 bullet to kill a 50k hp squid. But if you approach a defended area with 50 turrets, you're talking 100 bullets a second give or take.

Your gripe is with Ark devs if you don't like heavy turrets. Ark devs added the special turret with their turret limit rules on official servers as a way to take down stronger dinos (like squids and mosas). Moving forward I would advise you to be more careful in the water. You wouldn't charge headfirst into someones base on land would you? Underwater should be no different. Also, underwater in Ark has notoriously been much more dangerous than land Ark ever has been in the entire history of Ark as a game.

Dourne
7th December 2018, 03:20
This is indeed possible above and below water. Welcome to Ark.

Sorry for your loss.

Metamorfos
7th December 2018, 17:04
You'll have to cut your losses and be more careful underwater. Visibility is pretty bad underwater. Add a couple of underwater vines and you can get surprised really easily by turrets or wildlife. Keep in mind that aside from your saddle, tusos and mosas have no additional damage reductions.

Be careful of the red lights :D

Ajax
10th December 2018, 11:50
What kind of explanation are you looking for? It sucks when you lose your dinos, but that's what happens when you approach turrets. Underwater turrets have been possible in the game since before S+ was even a mod. How do you expect people to defend their underwater bases from raiders? The same scenario would happen if you were flying on a wyvern into a base on land with turrets. Your wyvern would die in seconds.

Heavy turrets have nearly 4x the DPS of normal turrets. S+ heavy turrets are the same DPS as vanilla heavy turrets, it just has more options. I guarantee you weren't 'one shotted' as it takes more than 1 bullet to kill a 50k hp squid. But if you approach a defended area with 50 turrets, you're talking 100 bullets a second give or take.

Your gripe is with Ark devs if you don't like heavy turrets. Ark devs added the special turret with their turret limit rules on official servers as a way to take down stronger dinos (like squids and mosas). Moving forward I would advise you to be more careful in the water. You wouldn't charge headfirst into someones base on land would you? Underwater should be no different. Also, underwater in Ark has notoriously been much more dangerous than land Ark ever has been in the entire history of Ark as a game.

My apologies for this late reply.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the situation to me Jiro.

I whas not aware that it where heavy turrets. Nor whas i known with the fact that turrets work underwater. As i assumed that it worked the same as any rifle. they dont fire underwater.

Jiro_89
11th December 2018, 02:51
My apologies for this late reply.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the situation to me Jiro.

I whas not aware that it where heavy turrets. Nor whas i known with the fact that turrets work underwater. As i assumed that it worked the same as any rifle. they dont fire underwater.

Ark logic doesn't always work out the way one would think :sheep:

In this case though, S+ logic is a bit better. S+ flamethrower turrets don't function under water. I believe all other turret types do fire underwater though.