PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 Update Thread

DOM
4th March 2012, 18:24
This is where we will discuss the problems of the newest patch and the MANY problems/solutions we have for the server.

Some ideas I have for the server:

Scrap the current worlds to eliminate problems
Make a Multi-World server with separate plugins in each world and portals between them.
One world with (seemingly) no mods.
Admin privaledges because I have to work way more now.
Dedicated YouTube Channel for the server.
Server name.

These can all be discussed here and I will try to keep up with the progress. I am hoping that this make people more active in the server administration and upkeep. The youtube channel will not be started, ran, or moderated by me, but I will submit an occasional video. All media that becomes public should reflect kindly on the server and its players, but have fun ;)

As you may know, I have stopped playing ANY game recently. My jobs have been keeping me busy for the past few months and I do not see a timely end to this pattern. If you have any unanswered questions, PM me on the Forums and I will try to get back as soon as I can.

-DOM

demman8
4th March 2012, 18:52
Make a Multi-World server with separate plugins in each world and portals between them.
Server name.

I agree with the new world, admin privileges (I vote wordie), a server youtube channel, and a server name.

Marius49
4th March 2012, 20:50
Well a new world sounds very good and i have a option for worlds lets say can u make em like every world having a kingdom? for ex WORLD 1 has the a KING that ppl chooses by vote (Dom will propose ppl for each kingdom and other players vote em) and he rules the kingdom of lets say WATER. the World 2 will have the FOREST kingdom and so on and we can have a neutral World ( the 1 with no mods) where these kingdoms may have wars. And the only the King have creative only on his world/kingdom so he can build great buildings in less time and use blocks hard to get to improve servers aspect.

And if u like it and approve u can use the youtube chanel to make videos of wars ; witch kingdom is better witch is richer ( not rly about money maybe ppl..) and how things evolve in world.

And another thing that wud be great its having jobs for our ppl :) (heard that its a plugin for this.. if u want to look into it).

Hope u like the idea and thx for reading. :D

noobminer101
4th March 2012, 23:45
Should we update to 1.2 or not?

wordie101
4th March 2012, 23:52
well dom i agree with you on this as we have noticed you have been quite busy of late ( you are missed dom ;)).
as for suggestions yeah why not ..all sounds good to me if the server runs better for all the changes.
we know some will moan but will get used to it ...if we want folk to come onto the server then why not make them register with this forum first will cut down on the grief i would think
admin privileges sounds good but must be careful who gets any risen status and thanks demman8 for the vote lol
as some may have noticed i do have a lot more time spare at the moment due to job finishing so would be able to dedicate more time lol

i see a much better future for this server if it moves on

but please remember everyone this server does cost so any donations will all be put into the website, server and any future projects

Pernix_8D
5th March 2012, 07:01
I really don't mind what happens with the server. If you have to delete the current map then so be it. Also it probably is a good idea to give someone admin powers to look after the server if you're away.

Youtube channel for the server? eh, why not? probably means extra work for you though, unless you give several people the permission to use it.

DOM
5th March 2012, 16:24
Youtube channel for the server? eh, why not? probably means extra work for you though, unless you give several people the permission to use it.

I am giving permission to any1 to start and maintain the channel. It would be kewl if some1 would figure out how to make it so multiple people could manage it...

Marius49
5th March 2012, 16:35
Maybe if u make something like a team? 1 will get the videos from ppl and make it look good with intro and stuff, 1 can make videos on stuff on server, and 1 will post all stuff and will take care of channel to work good...? (like a channel administrator...)

wordie101
5th March 2012, 17:11
can i just add to this as well if we do get a new server up and running PLEASE can you if you move take your chests and contents with you not just leave them abandon in the wilderness or at least just remove the lock so can be cleaned up this also applies to doors if you move on remove the locks from above ok ....also ..TREES!!!!!!!!!! if gonna chop them down especially the big ones finish the job. its so frustrating to see big areas covers in floating trees or just blocks i can understand if you miss one block in a big tree but when you just chop the trunk and leave the rest it just looks so bad and irritates the life out of me and so many others ok ..it only takes 1 extra min to clear thank you all and hope you will enjoy a new start and look forward to seeing your new creations either on the server or on the forum and youtube channel, things we want are time laps builds, lets plays, adventures maybe if could submit them to the mods/admin of the channel come on lets have your ideas

DOM
5th March 2012, 17:41
can i just add to this as well if we do get a new server up and running PLEASE can you if you move take your chests and contents with you not just leave them abandon in the wilderness or at least just remove the lock so can be cleaned up this also applies to doors if you move on remove the locks from above ok...

I will change the locks on chests and doors. There will be major changes to plugins too. I have time today to work on cleaning up the perms and settings, along with researching plugins to replace some of the more dated ones.

wordie101
5th March 2012, 19:39
can i just add to this as well if we do get a new server up and running PLEASE can you if you move take your chests and contents with you not just leave them abandon in the wilderness or at least just remove the lock so can be cleaned up this also applies to doors if you move on remove the locks from above ok...

I will change the locks on chests and doors. There will be major changes to plugins too. I have time today to work on cleaning up the perms and settings, along with researching plugins to replace some of the more dated ones.

Ok cool ...just read that and was ment to be for everyone and don't mean to sound so angry :p lol

DOM
6th March 2012, 00:33
I can't decide what plugins to use. Im not sure if i want to impliment an economy still. considering Factions with a few tweaks.

bnxboxman360
6th March 2012, 00:57
This is where we will discuss the problems of the newest patch and the MANY problems/solutions we have for the server.

Server name.

These can all be discussed here and I will try to keep up with the progress. I am hoping that this make people more active in the server administration and upkeep. The youtube channel will not be started, ran, or moderated by me, but I will submit an occasional video. All media that becomes public should reflect kindly on the server and its players, but have fun ;)

As you may know, I have stopped playing ANY game recently. My jobs have been keeping me busy for the past few months and I do not see a timely end to this pattern. If you have any unanswered questions, PM me on the Forums and I will try to get back as soon as I can.

-DOM

Here's a suggestion: Testificate Golf!

sergeantkittens
6th March 2012, 03:24

Server name.

-DOM

I think u should keep things like towny and economy they were really enjoyed by everyone and I personally love the two plugins.

Pernix_8D
6th March 2012, 07:05
Maybe if u make something like a team? 1 will get the videos from ppl and make it look good with intro and stuff, 1 can make videos on stuff on server, and 1 will post all stuff and will take care of channel to work good...? (like a channel administrator...)

Sounds good. :D

Marius49
6th March 2012, 14:38
I can't decide what plugins to use. Im not sure if i want to impliment an economy still. considering Factions with a few tweaks.

Wut about gods i heard there is a plugin like that and u can join wut god u want like Zeus, Hades, Poseidon etc. and have specific powers for the god u join. Sounds good for a plugin :)

If u want i can look for some plugins that sound interesting :D.

Later EDIT: RpgEssentials (full rpg plugin)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLdNc0IG7dY&feature=player_embedded

CraftBook (to build real gates, cauldrons, bridges and other great stuff :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VszRRqKRbqw&feature=player_embedded

Kingdoms (like towny but better :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd99X2zMpx4&feature=player_embedded

Turnstile (a plugin that charges ppl to enter an area and u get a gatekeeper 2 :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6LONscHjDw&feature=player_embedded

This its wut i got for now. Pick wut u want or wut u need :D

wordie101
6th March 2012, 17:14
if we still use towny is there a way of making it so you don't have to let everyone join you to get more plots ...would love to be able to buy up to 30 plots say .being a loaner (or is that sad'o lol) it sort of restricts what you can do ;)

DOM
6th March 2012, 23:19
if we still use towny is there a way of making it so you don't have to let everyone join you to get more plots ...would love to be able to buy up to 30 plots say .being a loaner (or is that sad'o lol) it sort of restricts what you can do ;)

Thats what I have been trying to research. I will find out something soon.

DOM
8th March 2012, 14:56
Bugs, Bugs, EVERYWHERE!

wordie101
8th March 2012, 19:23
Bugs, Bugs, EVERYWHERE!

i assume that's not as in silverfish bugs !!!!
so a little longer to wait i assume too :( never mind will be done when its done :cool:

Pernix_8D
10th March 2012, 14:26
Hopefully the server will open up again soon...

hopefully. :l

wordie101
10th March 2012, 15:01
as iv said before and dom has too dom is just real busy with work so as he said he working on it in his free time and lunch breaks(now thats dedication)...plus its waiting for bukit to update and all the plugins to come right so it will be back A.S.A.P ...and as we all hope,lets hope its soon :D:D

DOM
10th March 2012, 15:12
For now the server is up with vanilla settings. Wordie is OP.

flyinginstyle
11th March 2012, 16:30

thanks dom! would you be able to op the rest of the moderators? just so any problems when wordie isnt on can be solved.. thanks :)

wordie101
11th March 2012, 20:32

thanks dom! would you be able to op the rest of the moderators? just so any problems when wordie isnt on can be solved.. thanks :)

Yes as I sometimes have to eat and sleep lol

demman8
11th March 2012, 20:49

Yes as I sometimes have to eat and sleep lol

I've never heard of those two words! Explain to me! lol jk, congrats on the op though.

DOM
13th March 2012, 17:10
I am now considering whitelist on a vanilla server. This is what i have always wanted...

wordie101
13th March 2012, 17:13
that sounds good to me Dom ...

DOM
13th March 2012, 17:51

Thx for the support :diamond:

wordie101
13th March 2012, 18:05

esspecily as the starter town has just been grifed by wilsoncraft and bertybix ,....any one sees these 2 have my permission to kill on sight ..wanted them off soon as came on as knew they was bother....3 days work destroyed
:@:@:@

demman8
13th March 2012, 21:44
I agree for a whitelist

Pernix_8D
14th March 2012, 05:16

esspecily as the starter town has just been grifed by wilsoncraft and bertybix ,....any one sees these 2 have my permission to kill on sight ..wanted them off soon as came on as knew they was bother....3 days work destroyed
:@:@:@

People just cant help themselves... Gotta grief and steal anything thats in plain sight...

InsaneJ
15th March 2012, 19:09
Whitelist is a good idea. But I'm curious, why are known grievers whitelisted?

Althoug I got grieved the first day, I like the vanilla server. Someone stole my bed and chest with stuff in it, even though there was a sign asking people not to do so. The sign was stolen as wel...

So after that I traveled 30.000 blocks away from spawn ;) The thing I like about vanilla is that you're not restricted to a plot of 16x16. Right now I'm terraforming a mushroom biome. It's awesome not having to worry about hostile mobs all the time.

wordie101
15th March 2012, 19:12
Whitelist is a good idea. But I'm curious, why are known grievers whitelisted?

Meaning who ? If have proof they will be gone ASAP

InsaneJ
15th March 2012, 19:17
It has already been posted in this thread (http://www.blacksteel.beastnode.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=89) and in this one (http://www.blacksteel.beastnode.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=99).

wordie101
15th March 2012, 19:41
It has already been posted in this thread (http://www.blacksteel.beastnode.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=89) and in this one (http://www.blacksteel.beastnode.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=99).

if they have been banned they are not on the white-list ...and if they was put on they have been removed

InsaneJ
15th March 2012, 21:55
Yeah, that is simply not the case.

DOM
15th March 2012, 22:26

If your are referring to mrjrbacon or BNX then you are right. They are still on the white-list, but we are watching them.

demman8
16th March 2012, 23:30

If your are referring to mrjrbacon or BNX then you are right. They are still on the white-list, but we are watching them.

And both live with me. My luck :)

Pernix_8D
21st March 2012, 07:21
A vanilla server lets us learn to trust others, rather then just automatically forgetting about the whole virtue due to plugins.

Pernix_8D
22nd March 2012, 08:24
I really don't think anyone on this server is stupid enough to instantly trust a new player.

DOM
22nd March 2012, 14:22
Basically, the current server will remain vanilla and whitelisted. I have so much going on that I wont have time to manage another plugin heavy bukkit server. IF anyone wants to start a new server with plugins, I will endorse it, help with settings and creation, add that server's info to the website (if you want). I will also play on that server from time to time, but I like vanilla better than anything. I plan on starting a new series on the vanilla server soon (no promises). Sorry for any confusion this has caused. I have been so busy and Bukkit is SO SLOW in releasing a build that works, so I will leave it up to you guys to make a decision.

InsaneJ
25th March 2012, 14:16
Actually, it's not. The server having a whitelist, is kinda like gmail having it's old invite-only policy. People who are already on the server can ask their friends to join. But unlike gmail, new people can join after they ask to be whitelisted. It's a barrier to keep the really lazy grievers out. They'd have to sign up for the forum, make a post, ask nicely, it's a lot of work!

Some servers have a pay-barrier. Imo that's not realistic for a small coummunity like this one. So when running a vanilla server a whitelist is pretty much the only way to go.

The server with mods, towny/lockette and whatnot will return. But from what I've heard the mods are taking a really long time to updat to the latest Minecraft version. This is a problem you don't have with running a vanilla server. All new features are available as soon as you run the update script on the server.

Pernix_8D
26th March 2012, 13:08
I'd much rather a vanilla server rather then one jam packed full of plugins, which, inevitably, make the game much less fun by making it easier to survive.

Also, with plugins like iconomy and towny, the whole server is in a rat race to see who has the most money, biggest town, most diamonds, finds all strongholds, kills the dragon and all that.

It gets a bit... meh... after a while...

InsaneJ
26th March 2012, 13:29
There are more people who enjoy vanilla, that is why the vanilla server isn't going anywhere. There are going to be two servers. One will be the current vanilla server, the other will be with mods like lockette/towny/etc.

tyrus.dixon
26th March 2012, 18:39
tekkit :D if only my laptop ran it :( but still its worth looking into if your setting up a "mods and pluggins" server. Its this huuuuggggeee collection of easy install mods and everything for online use. It adds a lot to the game and makes the game soo much longer. Anyone who watches yogscast or yogsips knows what I'm talking about. Now they have their own launcher to make everything that much easier so you can keep your vanilla minecraft and modpack version seperate. The only reason I can't run it is because it uses the same launching method as the browser and my laptop has a video card that's weird. They "can't find an openGL" but for everyone else it should work. Just a suggestion to look into. Here's their site. http://www.technicpack.net/

DOM
26th March 2012, 19:02
Another server, with all the mods you've come to love, is in the works as we speak. It's just that setting up such a server, testing it, tweaking settings, takes quite some time.

Thx J.

The server is close to completed. just working on setting up shops in the starter town now. Towny still needs to be configured. Donor perks still need to be added. And finally Permissions need to be set. Its a lot of work for one guy, so please be patient. The server will be made live as soon as I am confident in the settings.