PDA

View Full Version : Question about whitelisting

KingLC
14th December 2012, 01:40
Hey guys I am wondering on what basis you consider people for the FTB server. I am not trying to promote myself to be voted for first, I am just wondering if you check out people first, like if they even want to play a modpack?

From my experience of getting whitelisted on the Vanilla server I am not sure how your process of deciding went, I know that I posted something along the lines of "Id love to play in a good Vanilla server" in my application, but how would you judge that someone would like to play on the FTB server if you don't have a "application" or a "consideration" topic.

Maybe if you don't want people applying and begging, there could be a topic where people can be like "I would like to play on the FTB server one day", so that you guys know who is interested in which servers. Could make your voting a bit easier.

I repeat, this is just a question/suggestion I don't want to put myself out there as a consideration for the FTB whitelist more than anyone else, I would just like some fairground, so that everyone knows where they are at :)

DOM
14th December 2012, 02:06
Hey guys I am wondering on what basis you consider people for the FTB server. I am not trying to promote myself to be voted for first, I am just wondering if you check out people first, like if they even want to play a modpack?

From my experience of getting whitelisted on the Vanilla server I am not sure how your process of deciding went, I know that I posted something along the lines of "Id love to play in a good Vanilla server" in my application, but how would you judge that someone would like to play on the FTB server if you don't have a "application" or a "consideration" topic.

Maybe if you don't want people applying and begging, there could be a topic where people can be like "I would like to play on the FTB server one day", so that you guys know who is interested in which servers. Could make your voting a bit easier.

I repeat, this is just a question/suggestion I don't want to put myself out there as a consideration for the FTB whitelist more than anyone else, I would just like some fairground, so that everyone knows where they are at :)

Hi King!

Members that are invited to be on the whitelist for the Vanilla Server should also be added to the FTB Server.

For the question of "fair ground".... The Admin/Mod community selects one person per month to add to the whitelist. We have a way to communicate without the whole community seeing and we nominate who we think would be the best. For this month, that was you!

So to answer your question in short:

All will be added to the FTB whitelist if they are on the Vanilla whitelist (depends on if we remember, it will happen though)
Your application for the Small World whitelist MAY help with a promotion
We (Admin/Mods) need to see that you are trustworthy and a good player
Only 1 person is promoted a month
No person can ask to be on the whitelist (it actually hurts your chances)

All players that are on our Vanilla whitelist are considered to be active and the most trustworthy members. I hope this answers your question and anybody else's.

Have fun! (and make sure you watch out for pranks on Vanilla ;))

-DOM

InsaneJ
14th December 2012, 09:47
Not to mention people building nuclear reactors that are ready to blow right next door on FTB ^^

^What DOM said. I'd like to add that for me personally the most important criteria for considering a new player for the whitelist, is if we like to play with that person. If you don't get along with everybody on the list, chances are you won't get on the list at all, ever.

That's why we build the Small World server, so we could get to know people a little better in a vanilla-like setting. That is also why we allow PVP and stealing. If a player is nice, he won't go around killing everybody and stealing people's dragon egg stuff. And thus might be considered for the whitelist :)

talon6758
9th January 2013, 03:46
Hello, I was wondering, how do i get to the page that says who has ben whitelisted for the FTB server?

demman8
9th January 2013, 04:18
Whoever is whitelisted on the vanilla is whitelisted here.

The list is http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?538-Current-Vanilla-Server-Whitelist