PDA

View Full Version : very disapointed

wordie101
17th March 2012, 13:16
right to say im very disappointed is a understatement ......:@

i log on this morning to add to whitelist ...and what do i find but GRIEFING AND A COMPLETE DISREGARD FOR THE RULES!!!!!!

and there are no excuses for this behavior the rules are there for a reason along with the whitelist ...

firstly i find 2 houses in starter town covered in water for a start ....wtf !!! why do it ,it state's do not alter starter town houses for any reason yet still been done. the town is there for you to get established before you move on and build in the wilderness, there is food beds and wood in the area to get you going

and water/block griefing all over the rules board and in various other places around spawn ...

now id like whoever did it to own up (LIKE THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN:angel:)
also id like some respect for the other players including myself that spent 3 days of his time building the starter town , come on this is one of the best servers out there until someone takes it upon themselves to spoil the fun of others and for themselves when it results in a ban

so what i am asking is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! follow the rules on the board and think about your actions before you act upon them.

REMEMBER A PLACED/DESTROYED BLOCK CAN BE UNDONE BUT A BAN CAN NOT !!!!!

thank you for reading this ..and thank you for just using common sense

see you on the server and be respectful :cool::diamond::diamond:

ligemyster
17th March 2012, 19:05
i civer tyge house with water and thats it the other one i didnt he thought it looked cool so he told me to leave it and the weird thig infront of his house he did but that is all i did. i am sorry disobeying the rules will u please forgive me??[hr]
covered*

Ryanyo007
17th March 2012, 19:27
Wordie I was on this morning but I'm 15,000 blocks away from spawn and I havnt even seen spawn yet so... Idk I did see Pernix on last night at 2:00 in the morning so I don't know but all I know is that I or RJS1997 dId not do it thanks ~Ryan~

ligemyster
17th March 2012, 19:29
ryan i got removed from the whitelist because i supposedly griefed the town

Ryanyo007
17th March 2012, 19:47
Hmmm did you?

ligemyster
17th March 2012, 19:54
no he is going to re add me tho

DOM
17th March 2012, 19:56
no he is going to re add me tho

Who is?

ligemyster
17th March 2012, 19:57
oh opps wordie said he will re add me as long as i abide by the rules
if that is okay with you of course.

DOM
17th March 2012, 20:00

I back up any of wordie's decisions

wordie101
17th March 2012, 20:05

I back up any of wordie's decisions

cheers dom ....have warned him will tolerate no more messing about ...he has apologized and as long as he sticks to the rules then he stays :s

InsaneJ
17th March 2012, 22:18
As long as people can get away with grieving, they will continue to do so. If the only penalty is having to say "I'm sorry", then the grieving won't stop.

The same goes for threatening people with a ban. If you don't execute your threat, the threat of a ban is meaningless.

Take my advice: be strickt but fair.
People will hate you for banning them. But people will also respect you if you use the banhammer fairly. Right now it's just a mess and nothing is gong to change because you rant about it on the forum. What kind of mod do you want to be? One that is friends with everybody? Or one that keeps the server a nice place for the majority of the people?

You have the tools to keep people in check. You can ban people for a day, a week, or permanently. But don't threaten people, just ban them already.

Also important, let people know you've banned someone. Make a thread on the forum why someone got banned, and how long the ban will last. Then lock the thread, there will be no discussion about bans. If people start whining about their ban, then ban them from the forum as well. That way people can see that there's no messing around with the rules and the mods enforcing them.

wordie101
17th March 2012, 23:04
well j my decision was made by taking in all the facts and by also the promise that nothing more would happen if it does he will be gone for good also the fact that a few folk vouched for him and said would keep him in line..
and please not a ban now is permanent.

he was removed from whitelist while i found out the truth and gathered evidence (and that was shaky at best ) so i decided to give him a chance but if he messes up again then he is gone ...yes im trying to keep it fair and friendly for everyone's sake but if people blatantly grief then will not hesitate in removing them (same goes for him

now whats done is done and as long as him and everyone else gets along ..dont steal or grief im happy and so is everyone else

at the mo i aint even playing im modding and to be honest i like it like that ...
i will try to be fair with everyone alike and help everyone alike ..

as far as im concerned this incident is finished and delt with so will leave it there ok .

if there is anything that you feel needs attention then please message me and i will try to deal with it a.s.a.p. and most of all ..... think before you act and please please try to get on with each other and just enjoy the server :D:D:D:D:D

Marius49
17th March 2012, 23:04
Yep insaneJ is right and also make a new category on forum abut Ban Stuff with 2 subcategories 1 with Ban (let ppl make a ban request if they are believing some1 is griefing and if they have a proof) and 1 with Unban (if ppl thinks they were banned for nothing and same with proof 2)

InsaneJ
17th March 2012, 23:17
as far as im concerned this incident is finished
Please don't misunderstand. I wasn't just talking about the incident which promted you to start this thread. I'm talking about something more general, like a policy.

Ever since I've joined this little Minecraft community there have been grievers. Also, there has been done little to stop them ruining other people's fun. The measurses that have been taken mostly seem reactive. Somebody griefs, everybody is shocked, maybe someone gets a warning or a ban.

When you join some of the bigger Minecraft servers, they force you to read rules and acknowledge them. If you break the rules, you'll get banned. There are no threats, there's no whining, things are clear. And for most people those servers are a lot of fun to play on because you don't get grieved.

The vanilla server uses a whitelist. This is a good thing. However, since everybody can get on the whitelist just by asking, it's nothing more then a reverse ban. Maybe when the server with towny and lockette and all those other mods comes online, people can earn the privilege of joining the vanilla server. If you behave on the server with strickt property and rules enforcement, you can enjoy the freedom of the vanilla server.

That would be a nice policy I think.

Pernix_8D
18th March 2012, 01:16
Like like that policy. No tolerance to griefers.

You have to enforce that. D: