PDA

View Full Version : Nether

DOM
20th March 2012, 21:50
I just made a portal to the nether today... It has some really bad lag issues. I hope this gets fixed in 1.2.4 OR 1.3. I plan on making a rail system in the nether for easier transport between all of us... I will make a station and everything soon.

InsaneJ
20th March 2012, 22:54
That's odd. I made a nether portal last night, but it seemed that the lag in the nether was a lot less then in the normal world at the time. I could mine blocks without trouble, whereas in the normal world I'd sometimes had to mine blocks 2 or 3 times.

Also time of day seems to be a factor. Between 9:00 and 12:00 CET I've never experienced any lag, so maybe it isn't just Minecraft 1.2.3. Maybe the host is running too many servers on a single piece of hardware? The only way to fix that is with money I'm afraid.

Anyway, server issues asside. Having train stations between the different settlements sounds like a great idea. I've been saving up the tracks I've found in mines which I'd be'd willing to donate to the cause :)

DOM
20th March 2012, 23:01
That's odd. I made a nether portal last night, but it seemed that the lag in the nether was a lot less then in the normal world at the time. I could mine blocks without trouble, whereas in the normal world I'd sometimes had to mine blocks 2 or 3 times.

Also time of day seems to be a factor. Between 9:00 and 12:00 CET I've never experienced any lag, so maybe it isn't just Minecraft 1.2.3. Maybe the host is running too many servers on a single piece of hardware? The only way to fix that is with money I'm afraid.

Anyway, server issues asside. Having train stations between the different settlements sounds like a great idea. I've been saving up the tracks I've found in mines which I'd be'd willing to donate to the cause :)

Im excited. I originally played minecraft to make train stations. ahahah

Marius49
22nd March 2012, 20:07
1.2.4 Its here and it looks like it had a lot of fixes :D