PDA

View Full Version : New Member

dodmayhem
25th February 2013, 18:36
Hello, my name is Stephen, or dod_mayhem. You can call me either. I am 24 years old from Georgia and found this forum from watching DOMs videos on YouTube.

I am pretty new to minecraft. First finding it on Xbox and playing it with my friends. Since then I have ventured into the PC version and have been completely stumped by it at some points! lol

Anyways, I saw this community, it looks like a great minecraft group and a place where I can meet some new people and learn more about how the PC version works.

Texture packs, plugins, just the controls themselves have all been somewhat confusing to me but I am slowly getting the hang of it!

Anyway, hope to see everyone online! :D

DOM
25th February 2013, 19:42
Hello!

Hope you enjoy your stay on the many HappyDiggers servers, if you ever need anything, just find the right place to post it in the forums! :)

Have fun!

~DOM

dodmayhem
25th February 2013, 21:43
Thanks! I'll get in and start building! Soon as I learn all this crazy PC stuff lol

InsaneJ
25th February 2013, 23:59
Welcome!

Hope you enjoy playing on our servers :)

dodmayhem
26th February 2013, 02:55
Spent hours already building up a little house and some farming stuff. :D Even got some chickens!

It took me 2 hours to find 3 sheep so I could make a bed tho! Sheep sure are rare on the Small World server.

InsaneJ
26th February 2013, 13:02
Could be, I never noticed a lack of sheep before. We did have an infestation of ocelots a while ago. There were so many ocelots all over the place, it was crazy...

Anyway, did you know you can breed sheep and other farm animals? Just get some wheat, give it to two adult animals and they will breed producing an offspring which will take some time to grow into adulthood.

wordie101
26th February 2013, 17:03
Could be, I never noticed a lack of sheep before. We did have an infestation of ocelots a while ago. There were so many ocelots all over the place, it was crazy...

Anyway, did you know you can breed sheep and other farm animals? Just get some wheat, give it to two adult animals and they will breed producing an offspring which will take some time to grow into adulthood.

just remember chickens need seed to breed .....welcome to the forums and to the servers as the others said Enjoy your stay

dodmayhem
26th February 2013, 20:26
Yeah I have a chicken farm going that I need to expand and starting on pigs too.

The problem was the first few nights were rough. I couldnt find any sheep to get wool to make a bed so I was having a heck of a time surviving the nights only to die and have to run allll the way back.

I found some sheep finally late last night but they were superr far from my home. It'll take some creativity to get them to come back in a timely manner. I suppose this is what I get for making a house near the desert. haha.

Also not sure if something bugged but even though I slept in my bed sometimes upon death I was getting sent back to the initial spawn point.

demman8
26th February 2013, 22:23
Welcome, Stephen! If you need any help, ask an admin before asking me. Hehehe. Hope you have fun here!

Roadie
26th February 2013, 22:29
Hello and welcome! :D

talon6758
27th February 2013, 03:57
Welcome to Happy Diggers, if you need any help while your on ask me. I too have noticed the sheep shortage. Same with cows. I like the ocelot infestation. Mostly because they are extremely easy to kill and give you xp. Also, J how do you breed mooshrooms? I think it's nether wart but im not sure. And Steven, do you know what budder is in minecraft? Hint::goldingot:

InsaneJ
27th February 2013, 11:05
I think you can breed mooshrooms with regular wheat.

dodmayhem
27th February 2013, 11:20
Well the sheep population is steadily climbing. I've got a little farm going and the sheep are a breeding! I also have a buttload of chickens and a good bit of pigs. I found 1 cow but apparently he escaped, not sure what happened to him.

And do you mean gold ingots? as in butter? or do you really mean budder? lol

Also I am not picky about a lot of things but its Stephen , not Steven, lol it irks me something fierce!

DOM
27th February 2013, 14:26
Mayhem the farmer! Woot! If you need cows, I have a small farm of them, just be sure you leave me a few to keep breeding!

dodmayhem
27th February 2013, 22:25
DOM, assuming your cows are where you built that wall do you realize how long it will take to lead them to my place? lol. I am on the exact opposite end of the map from you lol

talon6758
28th February 2013, 00:50
Well the sheep population is steadily climbing. I've got a little farm going and the sheep are a breeding! I also have a buttload of chickens and a good bit of pigs. I found 1 cow but apparently he escaped, not sure what happened to him.

And do you mean gold ingots? as in butter? or do you really mean budder? lol

Also I am not picky about a lot of things but its Stephen , not Steven, lol it irks me something fierce!

Gold Ingots? What is this gold you speak of?

demman8
28th February 2013, 04:51
He's talking about the yellowish ore. Horrible durability, but mines, cuts, and digs as fast as diamond.

talon6758
28th February 2013, 05:03
All I know of ores is coal, redstone, iron, diamond and best of all, budder =) Budder is amazing. It mines, digs and cuts FASTER than diamond. It has 33 uses. I you ask me it should have tons more, cause you know, it's BUDDER! So it should be way more awesomer than diamond, oh wait, it already is!

dodmayhem
28th February 2013, 10:07
I'll keep calling it gold, lol. And I hate gold. I only stockpile it for random stuff like railways. I think compasses use them too?

talon6758
1st March 2013, 01:21
I still don't know what gold is.

DOM
1st March 2013, 01:31
I still don't know what gold is.

You better be kidding or just a troll (which i can fix really easy)

talon6758
1st March 2013, 02:18
Ok, for clarifacation:

Budder=Gold

In my opinion, budder is amazing.:goldingot:

dodmayhem
1st March 2013, 08:38
I knew exactly what you meant lol.

kl1172
5th March 2013, 11:49
I have a question on the bed thingie. What is the advantage of a bed on a multiplayer server? It doesn't make the night pass by any faster or am I wrong? Or does it set a respawn point on the server for your player. Still got to take a look on the basic commands.

InsaneJ
5th March 2013, 13:43
If all players on the server go to bed at night, then the night will pass more quickly like it would in single player. And when using a bed on the server it will also set your spawn point there.

Roadie
5th March 2013, 20:57
Gold: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

Budder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budder

Not saying or implying, infact I'm 99.9% shure Talon is not a Pot Head but I was like huh?!? When he said gold was budder. Also there are two types of MC mods, ones that are butter, and other that are budder.

talon6758
7th March 2013, 04:09
Roadie, thank you for not thinking I'm a Pot Head. Anyway, your profile pic reminds me of bananas. They are the color of budder =)