PDA

View Full Version : Skyblock Suggestion

TeenageDreamer
2nd March 2013, 20:23
Hi,

I've played on quite a few skyblock servers and one thing I found very helpful is custom recipes. It allows players to create items with crafting recipes using other items that can be easily obtained in skyblock. I'm not sure how to explain it.. So I will post the link to a skyblock server that uses recipes.

Hope this is useful and hope to see this implemented on skyblock since some items are very hard to get right now.

Link: http://phanaticmc.com/threads/custom-recipes-for-skyblock.11/

TeenageDreamer

InsaneJ
3rd March 2013, 15:29
Thanks for the tip, that looks pretty useful :)

I'll keep it in mind when I make the changes to the Skyblock server. As we've talked about in chat, I'm planning on adding a second world to the Skyblock server. This world will be less strict then the current world and have different island types. There will also be shops of some kind and people will be allowed to use nether portals.

All in all it should be more of a crossbreed between Skyblock and regular Minecraft.

talon6758
4th March 2013, 06:53
I still think we should get DOM on to the the task of coding a skyblock version of the nether plugin.

DOM
4th March 2013, 16:03
I still think we should get DOM on to the the task of coding a skyblock version of the nether plugin.

Like I dont arleady have enough work coding...

InsaneJ
4th March 2013, 17:17
I've asked Gnacik, the plugin author, if he's willing to implement nether islands that map to overworld islands. You can keep track of it in the comments here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/islandworld

You can comment on the question yourself if you like, but please be polite. The author has more then enough to do already maintaining the plugin and answering everybody's questions :)

If the author sais no, then that's that. No nether islands. Dom isn't going to spend his precious free time on coding another plugin. When he manages to finish the plugin he's working on now, he'll have more then enough work maintaining it and keeping it up to date as far as coding is concerned.