PDA

View Full Version : Redstone Update

kl1172
12th March 2013, 12:03
When you update your game to 1.5 and server isn't updated yet, is that gonna cause troubles? Maybe you just can't log in to the server until it's updated. Or you can log in and play but there's gonna be bugs.

How long does it usually take for the server to be updated when the official update is out.

InsaneJ
14th March 2013, 17:41
Usually it takes about 2 weeks between Mojang releasing a new Minecraft version and Bukkit updating to something that's semi-stable.

Fortunately for you guys we're not running Bukkit on our servers anymore. So what I've done is enable 1.5 snapshot protocol on our servers so you can connect to them with the new 1.5 client. However keep in mind that the servers is still 1.4.7 so new features in 1.5 will not work untill the sever is actually updated.

So to answer your question in short: no that's not going to cause any troubles :)

kl1172
14th March 2013, 21:28
There's one thing that doesn't work for me anymore, crafting and putting things in chests, totally screwed. :( Guess I'll have to wait for the server to update.

InsaneJ
14th March 2013, 22:55
Hmm you're right. This isn't just a bit buggy, it's pretty much unplayable.

Guess I'll have to revert back to 1.4.7 for the time being. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

For those of you who wish to use the older client again, read this tutorial: http://happydiggers.net/content.php?123-How-to-use-older-or-newer-versions-of-Minecraft

InsaneJ
15th March 2013, 10:19
I've made another attempt to get 1.5 more or less working.

As far as I can tell the not being able to craft issue has been resolved. Please let me know how this works out :)