PDA

View Full Version : New Vanilla World

InsaneJ
14th March 2013, 18:44
The Vanilla server now has a brand new world for us to explore. Spawn is on an island in an ocean. I have no idea how much water is around the island but I'm sure we'll find out. There's plenty of sand and lots of grass land.

This is the only(!) tree on Spawn Island. Whoever chops it down, make it count and replant the saplings you get :)

I hope you guys are willing to do another community house like we're doing on the FTB server because I'm really enjoying that. See you on the server!

DOM
14th March 2013, 22:23
I would like to do that as well. That sounds like a great idea. :)

demman8
15th March 2013, 03:58
Whoopy! With all the new additions we can kickstart the prank war! I shall blow up all of your front doors with chests!

talon6758
5th April 2013, 03:42
Gotta love the prank wars. Hmmm, what should I do?

kl1172
25th July 2013, 10:50
So, there must be land (other than the spawn island) beyond the ocean? Been digging and sailing for quite some time and was getting a bit gloomy from all that water. :p

ethe334
25th July 2013, 11:13
You don't beleive how long Ive wanted a new vanilla map, finally!:D

+ Don't matter, I just saw the date it was posted;p

InsaneJ
25th July 2013, 23:48
Yes there is land beyond the ocean. If you use Optifine and set your viewdistance to far+128 you can see a Jungle Biome from the spawn island. I'm not sure, maybe you can also see it if you just to far and stand behind the tree farm looking away from spawn.

ethe, we changed the map about 3 and a half months ago ;)
I think the map is still pretty interesting though. If anyone has any comments/remarks/suggestions, please share.

Pernix_8D
26th July 2013, 12:40
1.7 Map reset? Only if it does actually have new terrain generation though. :P

InsaneJ
26th July 2013, 23:23
I will leave that up to you guys. If the (voting) majority wants a new map, we'll get a new map :)

Roadie
27th July 2013, 02:34
Sounds good, but the portal takes me to the old vanilla server so I seem to be missing something here.

ethe334
27th July 2013, 11:39
I'd like a new map:)

kl1172
29th July 2013, 10:48
I was looking in the wrong directions for a week. :D The land is in fact really close to the spawn. Thanks J.

On the map renewal issue, I've only had access on the vanilla server since 2 weeks and in that time I've been entering big cave systems and a couple of abandonned mineshafts that were still untouched. All this not that far away from spawn, so the map doesn't feel all that worn out to me. (and my inventory is just beginning to have some practical value :p)

Roadie
30th July 2013, 01:01
*Face Palm* Never mind I looked at the post dates and I finally realized its old news.

I'm neutral on a new map ether way.