PDA

View Full Version : Working on storage room

DOM
25th March 2013, 16:19
Yesterday I started building the new storage room for the FTB house. My turtle has dug out a nice little hole for me to start placing all of the DSUs and ME Storage drives. The new building I am calling the "shed".

The shed will have multiple levels to help with accessing the supplies from any level of the house. The house itself will have a monitor (or a few for convenience) that we can store/extract supplies from the shed. Also, the shed will house the automatic cfating supplies, including, but not limited to: autocrafting tables, furnaces, etc...

This is a big project and I will be cleaning the house of any chests in the near future. The supplies are easier to access with this method, so we wont need to walk between the various DSUs or chests to find what we need. The ME Access Terminals will be the only "chests" left in the house where we can search (with an awesome GUI) for the items we need. there are also Crafting Terminals that will be adjacent to the Access Terminals that will allow us to craft items WITHIN the storage network. This also alows us to craft un-stackable items in a large scale without even extracting the items into your own inventory!

The process of figuring everything out and getting it all running right might take a few days, but it is really gonna simplify our lives on that server.

Hope to be on today!

~DOM

InsaneJ
25th March 2013, 16:43
Awesome! I like the plans you laid out but I do have one question. What will happen to the project chests? Right now I'm using mine to store things I'm working on but can't or don't want to finish yet. Will there be something like that in the 'cloud'?

DOM
25th March 2013, 16:52
I will keep those. They are useful as they are.

Sverf
26th March 2013, 12:54
I think there is also some gregtech machine that can convert all various versions of an item into the gregtech one. So maybe we can use that to convert all the copper/tin etc into 1 type. Then we dont have to choose from 5 kinds of copper / tin /silver etc in the ui and only need to store 1 type of each.

Sverf
3rd April 2013, 21:07
Looking nice DOM!

Really cool stuff you can do with that mod, I've added 2 access terminals and made a bunch of cable to hook em up (did ninja 2 processors from your chest though. Spare cable is in your chest.

Sverf
6th April 2013, 14:08
Apparently DSU's in combination with ME storage bus still bugs out when they are empty.
Found out today no fertilizer was being made and the system kept pouring cobble into the rotary macerator to make more sand. The send ended up in the void... Seems the system bugs out when crafting an item thats stored into a DSU and the DSU is nearly empty (seen it when there was only 1 sand in the output slot left). No idea if this can also happen for other cases, but for now I replaced the DSU for sand with a barrel, which seems to work. Maybe we should check the extra dimensional barrel upgraded barrels for certain DSU's ?

DOM
6th April 2013, 15:25
Apparently DSU's in combination with ME storage bus still bugs out when they are empty.
Found out today no fertilizer was being made and the system kept pouring cobble into the rotary macerator to make more sand. The send ended up in the void... Seems the system bugs out when crafting an item thats stored into a DSU and the DSU is nearly empty (seen it when there was only 1 sand in the output slot left). No idea if this can also happen for other cases, but for now I replaced the DSU for sand with a barrel, which seems to work. Maybe we should check the extra dimensional barrel upgraded barrels for certain DSU's ?

I guess you werent online when we discovered this. The DSUs do not work correctly if there arent 67 or more items in them.

EDIT: Also, the hard drives hold more than the upgraded barrels... They might be expensive, but we know they wont have problems

Sverf
6th April 2013, 16:28
Alright, so we can just store sand on hard drives in that case (or when the barrel is full). Shouldnt be a problem since we don't mine deserts that often with a quarry :)

DOM
6th April 2013, 18:36
I also automated the HDD crafting in the ME unit.