Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Update to 1.5 or not? New map or not?

A new Minecraft 1.5 based version of FTB is scheduled to be released this monday. This pack will NOT include red power 2. Read the details on what the FTB team is planning here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thre...d-1-5-x.18827/

Basically this will break most of the machines we've build on our current world. Pnumatic pipes, filters, red stone gates / latches, red alloy wire, all that cool stuff will no longer work. Here's a list of items that will no longer work: http://nemesis.evalq.net/RedPower2/recipes.html

The mods included in this 1.5 pack have been updated and include new features and bug fixes as you'd expect. The question we now face is this: Do we want to update? And if we do, do we want to start on a new map or continue with the (then broken) world?

Please post your opinions.

Jeez, there really is a lot it RedPower that I didn't know was redpower! We would have no more Ruby Hoes!

Honestly, with all the progress I have made, I don't really care...

Honestly I would wait for about another week to see if there is an update. The plan is that they might re-release the ultimate pack with Redpower in it

That would worth waiting for. I really wouldn't want to restart the map after about a week of starting a new one. Although I would like to start a new map for 1.5.

This time I'd like to plan out our base a bit more though. Get a proper factory facility with several buildings that each have a specific function. Maybe make it a small village of factory buildings

Quote Originally Posted by DOM View Post
    Honestly I would wait for about another week to see if there is an update. The plan is that they might re-release the ultimate pack with Redpower in it
    Would that mean we'd have to stay put on this server for another week, knowing we'll be starting over soon? That would not be very motivating for building or starting anything any more. And if we'd start a new map now, will we start over again when the update for Redpower 2 comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mupje View Post
    Would that mean we'd have to stay put on this server for another week, knowing we'll be starting over soon? That would not be very motivating for building or starting anything any more. And if we'd start a new map now, will we start over again when the update for Redpower 2 comes out?
    If we were to start a map without Redpower, I think we would start another once it is released with the 1.5.

Imagine having to make Energy Crystals without rubies! D:

I know, im not part of the FTB server, but I think getting rid of Red Power is quite a big thing, considering its one of the major mods in FTB. Just my opinion:3

Have you came to a conclusion on what is happening with the server? I have attempted join the server earlier today with no luck... personally, knowing that we are going to restart soon has put me off playing the old map however, Joe and I use a lot of red power items and would miss the mod as a whole.

We could restart without red power and when its added just go far out and use a nether portal to get there and mine beyond that point for all the new world gen and rubies and sapphire will be enabled in the gregtech mod allowing them to spawn as an ore.

Sverf
    Or create a stable mystcraft mining age when worldgen changes.

The current map has another chunkerror and server is not loading due to more then 300k mobs being in one chunck by the looks of the logs. We're trying to fix it.