Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just stumbled upon another interesting mod: MineFantasy

There is a small point of concern for MineFantasy though. The mod author sais he wants to skip 1.6 and move directly to 1.7 because currently his mod isn't stable enough to warrant the migration to 1.6.

Also I like the idea of Back Tools which shows the last used tool of a player on his back.

Looks like a great mod. It would be awesome to add, if it runs well

I've played MineFantasy (as part of the Magic Farm modpack, then they dropped MF and switched to TConstruct for tool making) MineFantasy basically increases the difficulty level of making tools, even moreso than TConstruct, it slows down progression to iron by requiring you to mine copper and tin to make bronze alloys in order to be able to mine iron -- it also adds an intermediate stage of 'steel' which requires multiple pieces of coal in order to be able to make a single steel ingot. Mainly it will be good if you want to slow down tech progression by a good amount, but will require you to grind a lot of coal. That said, the forging mechanics are kind of cool

I would personally find out why MineFantasy was dropped out of the Magic Farm FTB pack before implementing it, as well as seeing how good its multiplayer compatibility is.

mod list update only problem I could see with the is the dragons braking blocks hmm greafing dragons

Quote Originally Posted by CrouchingOcelot View Post
    Craftory looks like a simplified Pam's Harvestcraft but with much improved fishing. That's great actually, the fishing system needs to be improved and Pam's harvestcraft has far too many food types and is actually very grindy. I don't think it would be fun in an RPG pack to spend all day farming (thats the reason I quit playing Magic Farm), though it would be nice for some people to take up farming and selling food to adventurers as a part-time gig. They could very well do that with Craftory.

Additionally, it might be nice if there were some kind of mead or ale that one can drink to be granted some temporary buffs.
    this is just to give people more things to do then reach end game as fast as they can set up a small shop and let them run with there shop

I know that Pernix_8D's welcome back thread says that he will be taking over the modpack, but if he's not up for working on it very actively then cc would like to take over on it -- he has a vested interest in making this one of the first public modpacks that puts an emphasis on magic as well as having a reasonably high level of difficulty (encouraging party formation and real RPG-like gameplay mechanics like tanks, mages, healers, etc).

Things I think would be good to have on the server are:
    - A method to party up, avoiding friendly fire on party members for example.
    - A way for parties to properly split and share loot, or maybe even a chest log (<playername> withdrew <item> from <receptacle> for party members (or nearby people?))
    - Some kind of trading receptacle, allowing two players to put items in, and the trade to commence only if both players have clicked a confirm button. Kind of how trading worked in Guild Wars 1.

For the server: I don't think it would be a good idea to start players off in an undeveloped city with no facilities, since players will tend to want to form and join towns later on anyways. In that case I would also be willing to build a starting town with some basic to moderate facilities for players to use in order to give them time to properly select what towns they want to be in (no TC smelteries though, since those are not protected by towny). Maybe for the starting town, plots can be opened to players via towny (or a hotel established), and players who do not log in for x amount of days will have ownership of their plot removed. The central city will be a starting place only and portals to the northlands (e.g. 3000 blocks north), eastlands, westlands, and southlands can be established, allowing faster transport to and from these regions and for village clusters to form, and maybe also nations. E.g. if you get along better with east landers then you can establish a village in the east and join their nation.
    Last edited by CrouchingOcelot; 14th October 2013 at 04:45.

I would like to get an early build of the new mod pack running this week. Hopefully Pernix can do that. If not then I'll think of something else.

I've spoken with cc about your contributions to the mod pack. They are very much appreciated and I welcome the input. We'll try to put as much as is sensible into the pack. However please keep in mind that you guys just joined our community and there has been an unfortunate incident on the RPG server with cc and some of our community members. We would like to get to know people better over a longer period of time before we make anyone a staff member. So far doing things that way has served us well.

In the mean time you guys can still very much contribute. You don't need access to our repository and server files to help make this an awesome mod pack. I'll get things running one way or another, be patient

That's sensible. I'm just happy to know that the pack is being worked on, it's been great for SSP (and LAN). In the meantime i've taken to going back and forth between HDRPG over LAN and dabbling in SMP Hexxit (PVE). I'd like to make some recommendations:

1) Animal Bikes, either remove or replace with chococraft.
    If HDRPG becomes a 6.1 pack then a total removal wouldnt be so bad as 6.1 already has horses. The reason I recommend this change is because it is extremely easy to acquire an ender dragon mount (mine an endstone/sandstone palace, put the acquired endstone around a saddle and voila, ender dragon mount), as well as ender dragon mounts have a very loud sound that could annoy other players on the server. Some sort of faster travel would be nice though, like 6.1 horses or Chocobos.

2) Consider adding Twilight Forest or some other 'alternate dimension' mod.
    TF dungeons already have a higher level of difficulty than standard minecraft, especially when combined with infernal mobs, the difficulty goes way up. This could be a good thing as it would encourage partying, as well as it would be a completely optional dimension.

3) Minefantasy considerations.
    Minefantasy is almost mutually exclusive with Tinker's Construct. The reason being is that crafting TC tools is much easier than crafting MF tools. If you want to increase the difficulty level of 'teching up', you could always remove the iron pickaxe recipe and not allow stone picks to mine Iron Ore, this would force players to use TC to advance past the 'stone age'. Tinker's construct also allows the creation of good endgame tools (e.g. a Cobalt/Manyullyn pick with Haste II, Auto-Smelt, Auto-Repair and Fortune II) if enough effort is invested to aquire the materials for the tool.

4) Thirst Mod
    Keep if possible. Some may disagree but it works great because it adds an immersive form of realism to the game (realism by itself isnt necessarily great, it is the immersion or belief of realism that makes things nice).

5) MineMagica II Mod
    Works great. This is a nice mod, I havent discovered any balance issues or griefing exploits (that bypass towny protections) just yet, but they should be watched for.

6) Ars Magica Mod
    Excellent mod. Griefing exploits exist. If you're gonna run it on an MP server then be prepared to disable some spells or find another way to improve town protections.

7) Balkon's Weapon Mod
    Suggested by CC. This mod is decent. I remember using it on an old version of the technic pack. If it's implemented these weapons will almost certainly be preferred over TC weapons as they are easy to make and powerful (especially the musket).

8) Beer Mod
    Added to the list of things by CC. However there are 2 versions I looked at. One is outdated, and the other one adds really strong buffs to the player (like Regen IV+Haste II) -- they are easy to make and would almost certainly replace potion making because the buffs are very strong (maybe even imbalanced).

9) Pam's Harvestcraft (reconsideration)
    I complained about the obscene amount of foods/plants it adds and too much 'food grinding' based on my experiences with the Magic Farm modpack. On second thought it might work in HDRPG because some players may prefer to roleplay as farmers in addition to being adventurers/mages/what have you, and good foods could be bought/sold for in-game currency (whatever that will be) or bartered. Camping mod already adds a very plentiful/easy food source in the form of radishes, however.

10) Algae Mod
    Suggested by CC. Adds a new farming system as well as improves oceans with various different types of things. I don't see any downsides to it unless it conflicts with other mods or eats up too much memory.

11) Alchemy++
    Suggested by CC. This looks really good, a nice compliment to the standard potion brewing system.
    Last edited by CrouchingOcelot; 14th October 2013 at 09:09.

I must say, I agree with Crouching on ALL of them mods.
    Especially with the animal bikes. I love my reindeer bikes, but the chocobos are a lot more, let's say practical. They add a sense of breeding to get your perfect chocobo. You can also have multiple without them despawning. You can also have lots of other ones, flying ones. Ones that can go fast on land/water. Basically, I love this mod.

the chocobos are being added to the list we cant use the animal bikes mod because it is a bit unstable but I think we can work in something with the chocobos but if I am right we are going to be going with 1.6.whatever that means we are going to have horses too so there are a few things we have to looking in to but I am for chocobos