Cube World is comming

I came across this nice innovation that is inspired by minecraft zelda and deablo. Its a non linear RPG and looks to have great potential. So far I have a level 4 frogman mage.

Website https://picroma.com/cubeworld

A yogcast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjUxFAu4tjQ

You can purchase the alpha but... they have been getting DoS attacked so you may have to wait.

I saw DOM play a little bit on his stream the other day. It looks nice, may have to give it a go some time soon

Too bad they're getting DDOSed all the time. It's really stupid people would want to DDOS a 'company' of 2. As far as I know it's just the guy and his wife who are behind the development of this game. It's kinda like Minecraft in it's early days, except that some idiots are calling it a Minecraft ripoff which it's not.

From what I can tell it's an RPG with a cartoony, blocky theme and that's pretty much where the resemblance with Minecraft ends. It's not a building game at all.

Was thinking about buying the game. Saw that the store was down. Left site.

How much does it cost?

Just bought the game. Ran a quick test on my laptop, and it appears I can't run it without a horrible frame rate. Fun while I played anyways. Can't wait to play on my good pc

I have a lvl 39 frogman fire mage and a lvl 5 undead ninja.

So far all you can really do is level up your character and farm items at the moment. Quests are not really scripted in yet as far as being given one.

It seems to be minecrafty only as far as being cubeish but more HD intensive graphics. So far it is more of a character builder than a world builder game and it is non linear.

You can take your char to any world/seed and you retain your items. You can also bring a alternate char to one of you worlds and pick up items that have been dropped. *cough*.

Item drops seem along the lines of the classic diablo but one turn off is, I suspect it is not totally random like the 1st deablo system was.

Also it seems there are some rich dungens compared to others. I found one dropping blue items at a ratio of about 1-10 purple items 1-30 and a yellow about 1-100. Also the boss dropped a yellow item every kill. Most dungens wont even drop a purple item. I spent a hole afternoon rerunning that dungen over and over again.

Besides the bombs and blowing up the rocks I'm not seeing too much zelda puzzle action that I kinda hoped for in castles and dungens.

The battle system kinda turned me off at first but after getting the hang of it I found it to be pretty simple and fluent. So far you cannot change the command keys which is a bummer because the potion key is right between the attack and movement keys which often end up with a few mis-clicks and wasted potions.

The game runs with no crashes and some slight LoS bugs that causes a mob to reset it's health bar.

In short I'm excited to see how the game evolves.