Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arena Server map change?

The Arena server is running Death Sentence Arena which is made for Minecraft 1.4.7 if I remember correctly. It sorta works with 1.5.2 but there are some known issues with it. Nothing game-breaking though.

It's been running this map for a really long time, so maybe it's time for a change. Ethan suggested to put up the Cluster Chunk map. It's a team-based PVP map in the sky. Each team starts on an island and the idea is to bridge the gap and kill the other guys. Here's a video:

It comes with a bunch of rules:

1. At sunset, the game begins and each team has one bed.
    2. Beds can be moved, stolen and destroyed, but not crafted.
    3. Die without a bed spawn and you're out of the game.
    4. The last team with a player in the game wins.
    5. Do not take blocks/items from spawn structures.
    6. Once in game, glass enclosed structures are off limits.
    7. Do not build a portal to the Nether or the End.
    8. Do not spy on the other team once you are out of the game.
    9. No stalemates

The current Arena server is plain vanilla with some nifty scripts I made to reset the map after the last player leaves the game. This means each game will start with a fresh map. Since Cluster Chunk has some more elaborate rules, maybe it would be better to make it run on Spigot and have World Guard take care of not being able to build/place a bed and make a portal. Also we can protect the spawn structures with it and maybe add some sort of anti-camping plugin.

What do you guys think? Would you like to play this map?

Sure! it look really cool!

How about cube control? Sort of similar to Cluster chunk, but it's a lot bigger and more reliant on spawners.

I think I like Cube Control a bit better then Cluster Chunk.

But there's a problem with both maps. The maps themselves don't declare a winner. So it relies on players to leave the map after each game so the map can reset. If anyone has a good idea for this problem, I'd like to hear it

both of them seem really cool!