Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That last error seems like a problem with your download:
    2013-10-01 17:42:58 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Error details
    java.lang.RuntimeException: The downloaded file scala-library.jar has an invalid checksum 18c91f848b2425843d33dbaa535bc285c7c3ab20 (expecting 458d046151ad179c85429ed7420ffb1eaf6ddf85). The download did not succeed correctly and the file has been deleted. Please try launching again.
    The Forge download servers are often quite slow due to heavy load. The error itself suggest to try again, that's probably the best advice in this case. It's not a bug in the mod pack or the launcher. Just a failed download which is something completely out of our control.

As for the mods in the RPG pack not being up-to-date. I'm currently considering what to do with the RPG pack project- and people-wise. Marius has been taken of the project so now I'm talking to people to see who has interest in continuing the mod pack.

Once we're sure what we want to do with the RPG pack, new updates and fixes should appear soon. Currently it's very unstable and frankly it shouldn't have been released.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    As for the mods in the RPG pack not being up-to-date. I'm currently considering what to do with the RPG pack project- and people-wise. Marius has been taken of the project so now I'm talking to people to see who has interest in continuing the mod pack.

Once we're sure what we want to do with the RPG pack, new updates and fixes should appear soon. Currently it's very unstable and frankly it shouldn't have been released.
    Oh definitely do continue it if possible. This is honestly the closest thing to Hexxit that i've played so far. The problem with Hexxit (for me) was that it was quite easy to 'master' (not a high midgame difficulty curve) -- and the other mods i've tried like Magic Farm and RPG Immersion pack are too grindy to be as good as this pack would be if it was stable in SMP (SSP is rather stable for me). As well, it should be noted that Ars Magica needs to be tweaked so that some of the more exploitative elements are removed (like Kiss of Death, and some of the spells that can bypass town protections)

Definitely it should have spent some more time in private testing and been updated before being released to the public, a couple of days of hardcore playing wouldve definitely exposed the most grievous of bugs (though the falling through world bug from animal bikes took a week to surface because we were progressing naturally).
    Last edited by CrouchingOcelot; 2nd October 2013 at 12:21.