Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who would like to do some Java programming?

I'm looking for simple plugin to do stats tracking and give announcement for our HappyDiggers AMP and RPG mod packs. I have two reasons for this:
    1. I want to let people know that if there's a problem with any given version of our mod packs.
    2. I want to see how many people are actually using our packs.

What I want is the following:
    1. Supply version number hard coded in mod.
    2. Check against hard coded URL and compare with it's own version number.
    3. Display update message if newer version is found.
    4. Check announcement URL based on hard coded URL and display if anything is found.

The hardcoded URLs will be something like:
    http://happydiggers.net/packupdates/AMP.php?v=2.0.1 (for AMP v2.0.1)
    http://happydiggers.net/packupdates/AMP.php?v=2.1.0 (for AMP v2.1.0)
    etc.

Messages, if any, should be displayed right after a world loads. All messages and coding should be done in UTF8 to prevent issues with character encoding.

I'll take care of the PHP back-end. The PHP scripts will send a header 'Content-type: application/txt' and then sends a plain text file "version.txt" or "announcement.txt" over HTTP. The rest of the PHP script will do database stuff that is not relevant for the mod.

AtomycStryker's BattleTowers mod includes the source of his update checker, perhaps that could be modified and save a ton of work?
    http://www.atomicstryker.net/battletowers.html
    See attached file.

I would like to include the mod in the 1.5 and 1.6 versions of our packs. And since the version numbers will be hard coded, this means that whomever updates a pack should probably be the one to change the version number in the mod's code and recompile it after the mod is done.

CC, DOM, any takers?
    Attached Files Attached Files

The Erebus has update checking I think. I'll ask chylex, see if he wants to do it, he might. But don't take my word on that, because he's also busy with the Erebus and HEE ofcourse :3.

Sverf
    Why hardcode version nummer in the mod? Makes it a pain tot maintain the pack, lot easier tot read it from a cfg file?

Reason is that I don't want people messing with the config file. Almost all update checkers do it hard coded. A few steps extra aren't that much of a pain. Instead of editing a version number in a config file, you edit the version number in the mod's source and hit the compile button.

When I'm updating a mod pack on the FTB launcher I'm already editing a couple of files just for version numbers alone.

Also this update checker mod could perhaps later be used to do other things for our mod pack like change the main menu theme, download extra content (turtle programs, drinks, maps, etc). But that's something for later. Unless we can find someone willing to help us out with that sort of stuff soon-ish

Hmmmm coders huh? Ive coded games before but no Java. Im actually going to a camp this summer about it though. I might be able to help
    Gotem team

Hi foes!
    Its the perfect job for me!
    let's make it rock!Ill soon post news, i also have a project foe a custum menu! ill try to make it work.

Fred

here is the first verion, tell me what is good, and what not, these are only the buttons:
    original minecraft buttons:
    Name:  0.png
Views: 217
Size:  9.4 KB
    the new ones:
    Name:  widgets1.png
Views: 205
Size:  4.0 KB

tell me what you want to change or not.

Fred
    Last edited by fredoduquartier; 1st April 2014 at 19:25.

Thanks for putting in the time to do this, it's much appreciated

The new buttons look playful, I like that. I'm curious to see what else you come up with for the interface design.

Got it!, it doesnt do everything, but check it out, now Insane can write text and it will appear when you start a world with the mod installed, and no, its not an april joke!

The proof: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2c...gers_1.0.2.zip

ill soon and fast add things

hope you enjoy and say if they is something that has to be changed.

PS:
    I used in fact battletowers source, but deleted it at 99% and changed few things, so, it has been an "inspiration" XD
    Last edited by fredoduquartier; 1st April 2014 at 18:18.

Nice!
    I'll test it later tonight and let you know how it went. Also I send you a PM with a couple of changes already

Hello all, for the first anniversary of Happy Diggers, I will make a custom menu, that has some features to be added.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 186
Size:  329.1 KB
    feel free to suggest what to add in the free space.

Ps, i think im done with the log mod thing, but i may have forgot something.
    i misunderstood everything, but ill still do that, and ill programm birthays of the staff if they send it to me. and the menu thingy still goes on XD
    Last edited by fredoduquartier; 2nd April 2014 at 14:58.