Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Happy Fun Place

Hey guys, so I dont mind playing by myself. But it seems to me that there is hardly anyone on. Any idea's on how we could attract more people? Playing on a server by yourself kinda defeats the purpose of joining the server.

The release of the new servers will probably bring some people to the server. That's coming up pretty soon, so you don't have to wait all too long.

Yep, I know, it's also because of the time differences between players. I visit small world once/twice weekly, but I'm European so the chance is not that big that we'll meet each other a lot I guess.

True, I guess I didnt take that into consideration..

i agree with spool. and disagree with pern. I think the new servers will attract peoples attention away from the old servers. I personally really enjoy the small world, thats what got me started in the community.
    Gotem team

I was going to say this before, but our community was created from Youtube. Throughout all the servers Dom and J have created, there have been Youtube videos of those servers, either as an announcement, tutorial, update or let's play. Hell, Dom even created his first server for a subscriber special (and a good server it was!).

If we desperately need more people I suppose we could just pump out youtube videos like no tomorrow, grow up our youtubers' subscriber count, and be rolling in players. I don't see this happening though... Not very well, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by talon6758 View Post
    i agree with spool. and disagree with pern. I think the new servers will attract peoples attention away from the old servers. I personally really enjoy the small world, thats what got me started in the community.
    Boya and ava are back building some things in the small world since this week, I'm thinkering on small world here and there but nothing big as I'm building something rather big (well I call it big anyway) in the vanilla server. Honestly I'd rather have a couple of regular players who build some good stuff instead of an overwhelming amount of short term dirt shack building players.

Sadly vanilla and small world (although modded it still keeps the basic vanilla gameplay) for me are the only 2 servers I really like to play but the modded servers are the popular ones I guess.

You're probably right but Pernix is also on the right track here. I just hope vanilla and small world just don't get deleted because they turn out too unpopular or something.

As I've said many times before: I really don't care about popularity. If I did we'd have banners and people could buy moderator status, game-breaking advantages over other players and the like.

We run these servers because we like doing it. There's a donate button on the website, but so far I haven't received enough from that to pay for 1 month's worth of hosting, and I've been doing it for well over a year now. So don't worry, the servers aren't going away any time soon.

As for the server plans, I think I've explained it a couple of times already now. Just in case anyone missed it: the new server is going to replace the current line-up of Spigot servers. It will however have the worlds of the Skyblock and Small World servers, along with a couple of really cool new worlds. I've been thinking about this for a while but I've decided to remove the Adventure and Arena servers. The plan is to have 5 servers after everything is done: Vanilla, Snapshot, Spigot(this is the new server with multiple worlds), HappyDiggers AMP and HappyDiggers RPG. The main reason for this is that I want to cut back on maintenance.

We're all hoping the new servers (Spigot and RPG) will bring in new players who are nice enough that we'll whitelist them on Vanilla / AMP. The best thing you guys can do is try to be active yourselves on these forums, invite your friends, make videos, talk about what's going on and things you'd like to do. I can't make this an active community, only you guys can do that

yeah, I really miss playing on the Small World server...I liked it there. But with nobody playing, its lonely. What if there was like, a smaller, kind of old school server staff. All you guys like J and Pern are on the new RPG, AMP, and TFC servers, so I think there should be some people who still play on the old server specially assigned to manage them.
    Gotem team

Id be up for that, I watched DOM since his first let´s play and then when he announced the small world video, I was one of the first on! ( check the small world application page, I think I´m on the second or third page ) So I would be up for that. Me, ava, kl and talon could be like KodeKatt; admin but on just one server ( even mod would be good though ). And also, just to make it so J might let us do it! , he wouldn´t have to worry about those servers ( small world ) we´ll take care of them and make sure that the rules are implied!
    Sup