Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Steam Shenanigans

Hey guys, talon here,
    I recently got Steam and have gotten some games. One game I got was Just Cause 2. However, when I try to open it this happens:Name:  fatal directx error.PNG
Views: 365
Size:  9.9 KB
    Does anyone know how to fix that? Please help because I really want to play it
    Gotem team

First hit while searching for "Just Cause 2 DirectX error15":
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-ad2a5dd975a5

What kind of graphics card do you have? That error could be because your graphics card isn't supported. It requires a DirectX 10 (or newer) video card as you can see on the store page under system requirements:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/?snr=1_7_15__13

Im guessing its my graphics card, this is an old computer with no new upgrades. How do I check it? I did some research and found this:Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 271
Size:  10.9 KB
    Gotem team

Click start button -> right click Computer -> Manage

Select Device Manager on the left pane. Then in the middle pane expand the Display adapters section and let us know which devices are listed.

Name:  steam.PNG
Views: 233
Size:  17.6 KBthat help?
    Gotem team

Almost... so no, not at all I don't need to know that there is a display adapter in your computer, I already know that. What I need to know is which one.

Expand Display adapters like I mentioned before. Click the little + in front of it.

Chances are it's some kind of Intel integrated graphics card.

Name:  drivers.PNG
Views: 180
Size:  3.2 KBthere you go
    Gotem team

Well that's it then I'm afraid: Intel integrated graphics. That means that laptop will never be very fast for gaming and since it's a laptop upgrading is pretty much out of the question.

If you want to play Lost Cause you'll need a better computer, one that has a DX10 capable graphics card. The card doesn't have to be overly expensive. Any mid-end Nvidia card of GTX560 or better will do nicely. So that's GTX560, 660, 760, etc. Of course faster is better, but that will also make things more expensive.

My old computer is broken, im getting a new monitor for it. hopefully that works

Ok, new monitor, new problem:Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 205
Size:  9.8 KB
    Gotem team