Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I can do any time, that doesn't bother me so much. It's just doing it earlier in the morning/later at night for me means that the rest of my family aren't awake, which means you guys aren't listening to them. :P

Oh, the troubles of a small house...

So I had an idea for a way of commemorating our defeat of the dragon, but it would require an admin's help and a command block. A little non-vanilla, but hear me out.

If you plant two cacti and surround the ground around each with pressure plates, and link the outputs of each set of pressure plates to an AND gate, and make every cactus block that grows instead pop off and fall on the pressure plates, every four times the AND gate would be activated 365 minecraft days will have passed, give or take a day. So, If you make this clock in the spawn chunk, and connect the AND gate to a series of T-flip flops so they turn on in succession, and wire the last one to a command block which increases an objective counter by 1, you can make a yearly calendar.

I suppose you could technically keep track of the number of passed years without the command block, but it would take up alot of room and there would be no way to make a server-wide announcement, whereas the command block could do so in a number of ways. Using a solar panel would require a circuit which could determine if it was raining or thunderstorming when the day started, which again would take up alot of room.
    Last edited by cliffs; 13th February 2014 at 10:32.

BTW, what server is this on? and who will be recording it?
    Sup

Well, hmmm. It's in the Vanilla section, so I think it's Vanilla . I think J, is recording. DOM might be, and whoever else is

OK sounds good!
    Sup

@cliffs
    A clock like that will not work on a Vanilla server unfortunately. The reason for this is that the chunks the clock is in are unloaded most of the time, which means the clock won't run. On a modded server we could place a chunk loader and it would keep running. But on Vanilla it will get stuck in limbo once all the players leave.

So everybody is ready for Saturday 15th of February 19:00 on Amsterdam time?

Try to let everybody you know who hasn't responded yet in on this

The clock should work if it's placed in the spawn chunks, as they do not unload (unless you've set it otherwise, if that's possible). Problem is if the server is restarted or stopped it may mess up the timing.

Right, spawn chunk. Cliffs said that but it didn't register :B

It would depend on the server always running and doing exactly 20 ticks per second, which is nearly impossible. So the clock won't be very accurate. But is that really a problem?

If you guys want to build a clock then let's build a clock

Just make sure you make it a nice one. Not some freak of nature monster clock Maybe you could build one on the new Spigot server in the creative world to test designs?

I should be ready for Saturday, see y'all then.

And for the dragon egg, bare with me here, block of dirt + sign with date + dragon egg, voilĂ . We shalll be the envy of all other servers!
    Last edited by kl1172; 14th February 2014 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    Right, spawn chunk. Cliffs said that but it didn't register :B

It would depend on the server always running and doing exactly 20 ticks per second, which is nearly impossible. So the clock won't be very accurate. But is that really a problem?

If you guys want to build a clock then let's build a clock

Just make sure you make it a nice one. Not some freak of nature monster clock Maybe you could build one on the new Spigot server in the creative world to test designs?
    eh, it's already got some approximation built into it. I'd love to build it just to test it. It's really simple to build. In fact i could build the entire thing underneath the spawn platform in a small room, the length and width of the platform and maybe 4-5 blocks deep.
    Actually, scratch that, it's gonna be a little bigger than i thought. still not monstrous.

Also, i've put some enchanted bows in the dragon slaying kits at spawn. Tried to get at least power V on all of them but a couple only have power IV.. :/
    Last edited by cliffs; 15th February 2014 at 00:17.