Thread: TFC Server Down

Unhappy TFC Server Down

For about 1-2 hours, the server has been down (at least for me & my friends). I was wondering if y'all could do a server restart whenever possible. thanks
    Last edited by mysteryguy3039; 8th March 2014 at 00:23.

-Update- The problem is the fact that there is 200+ wither skeletons outside of NewRome. We don't know how they got there but they are most likely the reason why the server is getting lag/crashing.

-Update- Skeletons finally despawned, server back to normal, anyone know how to delete own forum post?
    Last edited by mysteryguy3039; 8th March 2014 at 00:23.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

There is no need to delete your forum post. You followed up with the latest update so it's good

That just leaves the question on how those wither skeletons got on the server in the first place. I'll go see if I can find out how that happened.

*edit*
    It looks like a chunk got corrupted and the entities in that chunk caused problems.
    Spoiler!

I've got a 3.5GB log file filled with the errors in the spoiler. There is nothing I can do to prevent that from happening again. We've encountered this problem before on an older version of Forge. So the only real solution would be if the TFC devs would update to Minecraft 1.6.4 or later. But yeah, we've been saying that since we started the HappyDiggers TFC server. The old Minecraft+Forge version TFC requires is a recipe for disaster.

If you encounter problems again, just keep reporting them please. We'll do our best to respond to them quickly. Just keep in mind that our time zones may differ