Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

HappyDiggers TFC b78 server

TFC Build 78 is upon us! Finally we can move on to Minecraft 1.6.4. This will solve so many problems every server owner has had

Work has begun on the HappyDiggers TFC b78 server. It's going to take us a bit of time to set up all the new mods and plugins and (briefly) testing them for stability.

Since world gen has changed in B78, the new server will have a brand new map. I'm currently pre-generating a 10.000x10.000 map to get players started. As with the current server, there will be no world border, players can go where they please. Things we'll be adding include:

• Proper permissions so mods can do more to help the players.
    • Block place/break and inventory logging. This should help figure out who griefed or stole something.
    • Ban aggregation. Known griefers won't be able to join the server.
    • Ticket system so players can ask for support even when there is no staff online.

Expect the new server to be up in a day or so

Maybe you can do a last server tour on this world before it will be deleted. Like you did the first one showing all town so you can make it like a before and after maybe.

Build 78!?! OMG dreams do come true!! I wont be on at all today though but will be around tomorrow, gonna spend some time with my pookie bear.

New Spawned
    Oh yeah! new map, new TFC, more awesome! I will be the first to say he will be the best on the server, then get blown up by a creeper for getting cocky.... Ah TFC, how I love thee.

TFC b78.1 has a HUGE memory leak issue and will not be able to run as a public server. Until this issue is resolved, the current map/build will be used on the HappyDiggers TFC server. Play on!

New Spawned
    Bioxx claimed he ran visual VM against build 78 for 20 minutes and didnt see a memory leak. Makes me wonder if its at all related to JMX/RMI.

Hopefully All the devs gotta do is get some bubblegum under their desk to plug it . =p

Minecraft doesn't show the memory leak when you press F3. But when you look into your task manager you'll see the Java process steadily increase it's RAM usage over time.

New Spawned
    J, VisualVM is a JVM profiler, not a minecraft profiler. It uses JMX (among other technologies) to instrument live objects. This lets you view the entire JVM instance heap, not just what minecraft is aware of. Given that he said the leak didnt manifest, I thought it might be related to JMX. By virtue of connecting with visualvm, he mitigates the memory leak. But I am certainly no expert with JMX, and ive only ever seen the minecraft code maybe once... so almost pure speculation on my part :P Also, apologies if your post wasnt in response to mine, im totally self absorbed
    Last edited by mdub; 11th April 2014 at 21:31.

I'm personally hesitant about the launching of the new TFC server as public or in place of the current TFC server, and think it should be put to testing first for at least a week or two, for not only us to find any bugs with the server, but also TFC dev team to make any needed hot-patches if major bugs are found. With major builds comes major changes. Changes which often include bugs.

Given that many have put a lot of work into the current world and will lose everything in the new world, I think two TFC server's should be up for a while, allowing players to minic any builds and designs they liked from the old world. This doesn't include transfering of items of course, but merely to still access and see their own things.

Anyways, that's my Name:  twocents.gif
Views: 280
Size:  1.1 KB. (Two cents)

I'm a cat!