Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I am not using any other mods than TFC and it improved later on that night.

I agree with pernix, will gain more than will loose using mcpc+.

I also talked with Katt last night and she was talking to Biox at the same time on IRC. It sounds like biox is going to try make the food decay configurable.
    As it is, food decays weather your online or not which is very bad for servers. If this happens Katt is thinking we should up it too a RL week before food rotts, that way food still isn't a forever and later game trivial item.

An example of the food issue, you would have to search for it or prepare it every time ya log back on. If I were to play an hour before work , id have to kill a animal , cook the food and then,,,, oh crap time for work, food rotts while am at work and so on.

Reading the github commit log, the next hotfix will contain configurable food decay and a reduced decay rate when unloaded chunks catch back up. Bioxx explains it better:

Added food decay protection that is configurable. As food sits unload…

…ed for longer and longer periods of time, when it finally plays catchup, it now scales the decay ticks causing less decay to occur. Once the player reaches X number of days where X is 18 by default, only 24 hours worth of decay will occur on the food. This change should have next to no effect for SSP players while giving some much needed respite to server players who live alone. Admittedly, this will NOT help players that live near each other on servers as the ticking will be going in real time. However, as those players will most likely be operating as a community, due to food sharing, the burden should be lessened.
    This is a good thing, as food decay is brutal. Unfortunately, the team seems pretty dismissive of any and all constructive criticism. Their usual response being "you're doing it wrong."
    Last edited by Gwtheyrn; 13th April 2014 at 18:23.

With the new version's change to the way rocks, nuggets, and sticks work, are you going to have to start over on prepping the new map?

I'm not sure, but it might be a good idea just to be on the safe side.

Sverf
    Since we pre generated 10000x10000 blocks already, I think we kinda need to restart the map.. Or there will be no rocks for miles.

Six miles to be exact, assuming spawn to be the center point.
    Last edited by Gwtheyrn; 14th April 2014 at 15:31. Reason: punctuation

10KM to be exact. Miles are based on someone's feet and you can never be sure whose feet

I'm currently regenerating the map. A couple of the issues we had are solved with 0.78.5. Most notably the hunger bar gets partially restored after dying. The anvil issue is still present as is the inventory glitch after dying.

The server will now present players with a big bright yellow warning message telling them to disconnect and then reconnect to the server when they respawn. That should make it clear to everyone without the need of a spammy repetitive message. Reconnecting temporarily solves the inventory glitch issue.

So are we close to having the server being public?

Yes WE are close. Alpha testing as of now, but we plan on opening to the public as soon as the map finishes pre-generating a 10000x10000 region.

What the admins do while you want to play b78:

Name:  9nMjlN0.gif
Views: 196
Size:  7.19 MB