Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    PSA: please keep the amount of animals you keep to a minimum, they can cause quite a bit of lag.

This afternoon I saw the following when analyzing server performance using Opis:

It shows 1 chunk using 2.4ms of processor time each tick. Given that there should be 20 ticks in each second, one tick may last a maximum of 50ms. Out of those 50ms, 2.4ms was used just for that chunk.

When I teleported to the chunk I saw the following:

There were approximately 126 chickens in that chunk, using about 1/20th of the total server capacity. In other words, 20 of those pens would completely keep the server occupied leaving no room for anything else without causing lag.

Please don't keep any more animals then you are actually using. It will help keep the server as lag free as possible for all the players on it

New Spawned
    With regard to what J posted about the animals: From my experience, nest boxes allow chickens to breed fairly quickly. Multiple nest boxes aren't really necessary unless you're online collecting eggs for food. My recommendation to poultry farmers is to put your nest boxes up when you go offline, leaving just one box if you are trying to breed more chickens at that time. Just be sure to remove that one as well when you sign off once you get your chicken pop. to a reasonable level. Also, try to keep your pig breeding to one litter at a time as well.

Or, you know...cull your herds from time to time. Keep the total to under 10.

When you said there were 120 chickens in a small area i was thinking about 2x2 chunks or so but this is...
    Poor Chickens.

Some statistics for those who like stats

At the time I'm posting this, the HappyDiggers TFC server has been visited by 2110 unique players and send+received a total 5.6TB of data the past month.

I'm working on setting up a more detailed stats page which will show individual player's stats. Stay tuned!

Hello. I love the server and hope to be plenty active on it. It's great to find a fun TFC server.

However, is anyone experiencing connectivity problems? I seem to constantly time out as of today. Other MC servers work okay. Tried updating Java / restarting router / modem, fresh MC install and an update to router and NIC firmware... no luck.

EDIT: I've noticed some other players complaining of the same problem. Must be a bad hop somewhere. I can connect okay through a Switzerland proxy.
    Last edited by RedCrimsonFire; 21st May 2014 at 07:40.

To help new players find new lands with plentiful resources, Pernix_8D has setup 4 server towns: North, South, East and West. You can teleport there using: /t spawn North, South, East or West.

I have also put up 4 portals at spawn for your convenience. Just walk through them to get to your destination.

In an attempt to battle against the corrupted chunks that would crash the server, the following towns are now floating above the void and thus removed:

• InfinityCraftPT
    • Derptopia
    • Nova
    • nikeybase
    • TerraFirmaLabs

Sorry for you loss guys :B

But if you are homeless and looking for a town, there are still 663 left to choose from

Updated the server to the latest version of MCPC+. It's been a while since we've updated this for various reasons. Here's the changelog for those interested:
    Spoiler!