Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 660
  1. #41
    Administrator Pernix_8D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    572
    Blog Entries
    2
    Player tsuname_gamer (4147de90-847d-41e3-b808-37b3f982edfa)

    Server Freebie TFC
    Punishment Ban
    Reason Stealing and disrespecting players
    Evidence
    Spoiler!
    Additional Info Turned his town's spawn into a death trap, and told people to teleport there

    Player Rasmus2112 (f0022058-e66b-40fe-ab4f-8051c6bb2a92)

    Server Freebie TFC
    Punishment Ban
    Reason Theft and grief
    Evidence
    Spoiler!
    Additional Info NONE

    Player LinehanKD (df0f3dea-0a6c-4d15-809c-b2b92d28b5f0)

    Server Freebie TFC
    Punishment Warning
    Reason Grief
    Evidence
    Spoiler!
    Additional Info Very minor, but it's still griefing

    Player mogee360 (1dafb83c-c75d-47a1-ba3c-e3ea7f1b2489)

    Server Freebie TFC
    Punishment Warning
    Reason Grief
    Evidence
    Spoiler!
    Additional Info Very minor, but it's still griefing
    Last edited by Elbe97; 14th May 2018 at 16:51.

  2. #42
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    5,116
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pernix_8D View Post
    Banned zzGoodyzz for grief.
    Do you remember what he griefed and why you banned him exactly?
    I looked at his 'work' for just a few minutes and found he took out someone else's sugar cane farm and thatch house. Was that why you banned him or was there something else?

  3. #43
    Administrator Pernix_8D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    572
    Blog Entries
    2
    zzGoodyzz broke a number of blocks that were part of someone's house (The house had one wall unprotected by towny, and the house is made of wooden plank blocks). Prism also showed that parts of it burned down, which made me a little unsure about the whole thing (Can you set things on fire in TFC?).

    Anyway, theres a ticket for it. I forget what number it was, but it mentions something about the house and the ticket itself is resolved.

  4. #44
    Administrator Pernix_8D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    572
    Blog Entries
    2
    Do you want to unban Goody? He's messaged me now and is adamant he hasn't done anything.

  5. #45
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    5,116
    Blog Entries
    21
    You banned him, I just presented some evidence to what he did so he could respond to it. Which he did, which is good. It gives us a little more insight in the person behind the ban.

    I have an opinion about the situation, but I'd like you to respond. You're an admin and in that regard I think you can decide who get's a second chance and who doesn't. I'll support whichever decisions you guys make. Meaning: if you ban someone, you decide his/her fate.

    I'll give you my thoughts on his comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by zzGoodyzz View Post
    Yes, I did break sugar canes and tatch, I did not realize it was griefing. As mentioned it seemed like it was abandoned because in the rules it says you claim where your house is to protect it. Seeing there was no protection I assumed it was abanonded.

    So if it's abandoned, or looks abandoned, it's OK to grief? I guess he never heard of people moving or making crappy builds.

    Quote Originally Posted by zzGoodyzz View Post
    I never said I didn't know the rules. I knew griefing wasn't allowed. What I did not know is that I couldn't destroy anything with no execptions (that it was an abanonded likely one-time starting house.
    So he knows the rules, but apparently he thought there are exceptions to the rules, even though we make no mention of exceptions in said rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by zzGoodyzz View Post
    I don't grief other people, I'm not a griefer, I'm not looking to destroy other people's work, I was just gathering things that nobody seemed to care about, an abanonded house.
    I hate it when people lie to me. First he griefs, then he sais he didn't. Sure, he might not usually grief other people, but here he did because he though it was abandoned. Which is a stupid thing to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by zzGoodyzz View Post
    I think I deserve a second chance to prove myself. I've spent HOURS on the server, getting help, and indeed helping newcomers. What I did didn't set anyone back at all, and if in fact someone was living in a house with a campfire, then I'm sorry to that person, all I'll happily replant your crops, rebuild your roof, which will only take a minute. I think the damage I did in contrast to how harsh the ban is, is unfair.
    He did something stupid, which wasn't terribly harmful since the place was probably abandoned although we can't be sure of that. He took the time to sign up to the forums and make a polite claim. Obviously he's talking bullshit here and there, but overall he's polite enough.

    That's what I think of the situation. Now the question is, what do you think? Does he get a second chance?

  6. #46
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    5,116
    Blog Entries
    21
    I've asked the town of Yogscast to move. They had claimed a bunch of plots around spawn which I unclaimed except 3. They have a little shack and some stuff there. After they have moved those plots will be unclaimed as well.

    They may claim 1 plot as an outpost around spawn just like everybody else, but not start a town there.

  7. #47
    Administrator Pernix_8D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    572
    Blog Entries
    2
    Alright, thanks for explaining that. Sometimes it's hard to know when you've jumped the gun, which is why you see me asking every now and then. Now was one of those times. :S

    zzGoodyzz will get a second chance. Like you said, he was polite enough to sign up to the forums and properly appeal. That proves he isn't a complete knob jockey.

  8. #48
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    5,116
    Blog Entries
    21
    I think you did the right thing in banning him. He shouldn't wreck the place just because he thinks it's deserted. He should leave other player's stuff alone, regardless of the situation.

  9. #49
    Vanilla Server Manager ethe334's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    AMP Server
    Posts
    545
    Blog Entries
    7
    Player AidanMarcel (5ca03e7b-0f8e-4d00-b5d7-4d61e7c8582d)

    Server Freebie TFC
    Punishment Ban
    Reason Grief
    Evidence
    Spoiler!
    Additional Info NONE

    Player mrtux777 (b8c94fc2-8967-4e4b-9582-239bd73a4336)

    Server Freebie TFC
    Punishment Ban
    Reason Grief
    Evidence
    Spoiler!
    Additional Info NONE

    Player 20jaxon01 (56686233-7c19-4877-89b9-eb6823a9ea63)

    Server Freebie TFC
    Punishment Ban
    Reason Grief
    Evidence
    Spoiler!
    Additional Info NONE
    Last edited by Elbe97; 14th May 2018 at 17:06.


  10. #50
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    5,116
    Blog Entries
    21
    Please edit the OP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •