Banned on TFC server - don't know why

Hi, my IGN is zzGoodyzz,
    So I had been playing the TFC server for a couple days, reached the iron age, until today when it says I'm banned from the server, all out of the blue. Is this a mistake? I got along with everyone, seems like a good community, never abused chat. So I'm clueless...

It says you were banned for griefing, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ethe334 View Post
    It says you were banned for griefing, any ideas?
    When I was making my way out of spawn for the first time I broke some thatch roofs and some camp fires assuming the house was abandoned(no town claim).. My mistake, I did not realize it was against the rules. How long will the ban last?

I went over the first couple of steps you took on the server, and you immediately started taking stuff other people had put there.

Spoiler!

You took someone else's suger cane and thatch. And more then just a few blocks.

Saying you didn't knew the rules is kinda stupid. They are plastered all over spawn. They are mentioned everywhere I posted the server IP. The server rules are advertised on the server as well.

If you need a rule to tell you not to grief, then you are the kind of player that we don't want on the server.

Your ban is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    I went over the first couple of steps you took on the server, and you immediately started taking stuff other people had put there.
    You took someone else's suger cane and thatch. And more then just a few blocks.
    Yes, I did break sugar canes and tatch, I did not realize it was griefing. As mentioned it seemed like it was abandoned because in the rules it says you claim where your house is to protect it. Seeing there was no protection I assumed it was abanonded.
    Saying you didn't knew the rules is kinda stupid. They are plastered all over spawn. They are mentioned everywhere I posted the server IP. The server rules are advertised on the server as well.
    I never said I didn't know the rules. I knew griefing wasn't allowed. What I did not know is that I couldn't destroy anything with no execptions (that it was an abanonded likely one-time starting house.

If you need a rule to tell you not to grief, then you are the kind of player that we don't want on the server.
    I don't grief other people, I'm not a griefer, I'm not looking to destroy other people's work, I was just gathering things that nobody seemed to care about, an abanonded house.

Your ban is permanent.
    I think I deserve a second chance to prove myself. I've spent HOURS on the server, getting help, and indeed helping newcomers. What I did didn't set anyone back at all, and if in fact someone was living in a house with a campfire, then I'm sorry to that person, all I'll happily replant your crops, rebuild your roof, which will only take a minute. I think the damage I did in contrast to how harsh the ban is, is unfair.
    Last edited by zzGoodyzz; 27th May 2014 at 20:04.

Right, based on your appeal you will get a second chance. However, you will be left in our list of warned players. Please be a little more considerate of the rules, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pernix_8D View Post
    Right, based on your appeal you will get a second chance. However, you will be left in our list of warned players. Please be a little more considerate of the rules, in any case.
    Thank you very much!