Maxminum size charcoal pit achieved!

Hey guys, I'm super stoked to show off my Maximum sized charcoal pit on the TFC server

I should have gotten an empty room pic before I started, but I honestly never thought I'd ever really fill the sucker!

The first two are at 110,000 logs. The entire structure is 25x25x13 and holds 130,000 logs. The final picture is the end product, lots and lots of charcoal. It's really hard to capture the depth of this thing though! Feel free to stop by and be amazed, I know I can't walk by it without staring a few minutes :P

Attached Images Attached Images    

Nice setup

So.... free charcoal for everyone?

If they're willing to refill the whole thing, sure!

hmm... and i thought my 12x12x8 charcoal pit was huge.
    Well, it might be time to start getting the axes ready!

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar

Question

Well ... it's me again ... like sorry to raise an old topic again ))

Is this installment still accessible to view?

Did it introduce big lag to the server at the moment of conversion? (as official wiki states it should)

How did you manage to fill it after the ignition? With all that empty staircase leading to the bottom. Just being very fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Heptagon_ru View Post
    Well ... it's me again ... like sorry to raise an old topic again ))

Is this installment still accessible to view?

Did it introduce big lag to the server at the moment of conversion? (as official wiki states it should)

How did you manage to fill it after the ignition? With all that empty staircase leading to the bottom. Just being very fast?
    It caused absolutely no lag at all, the wiki is inaccurate in certain regards. You can view it in my town of Darius. I filled it through a separate side hallway leading from the center.

Question

About the hallway: so you had a 2 high 1 wide hallway through logs to the center (24 blocks total), it was not separated from other logs by any blocks, and you filled it very fast after the ignition, right? That's even more impressive then the pile itself!
    Actually, if there was some other know-how in that, I would prefer that you keep it It would be a bit more interesting to find out by myself

How long did it take you to fill it approximately? And were you working full-time on it or like an in-game day each server visit?

Thank you, will enjoy it first thing this evening.

Well if you're taking on this task I must warn you it will take time. I probably accumulated 15k-20k logs per two days. And though I didn't play all day every day, I definitely had 3-5hour sittings most of the days. In total it took me a month to complete. Digging out the charcoal pit, exploring new lands to find great forests, hauling wood back and forth, filling the pit log stack by log stack, it does get tedious. One thing that people don't often think about is the amount of tools you'll blow through. I did it all with bismuth bronze, and while I can't give you an exact number, I'm pretty sure I used around 200ish axes as my tool smithing count was a little over 200 after I finished.

O.M.G.
    2 months! 200 axes!
    It is only now when that small humble initial post gets depth and transforms into a real feeling!
    It's ... fantastic. Got no words. And I will never think about beating it I wish it would remain one of HD TFC world miracles