Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Crashing at login

RAM: 4GB dedicated to Minecraft
    Mods: I originally started with NEI, Inv Tweaks, NEI Plugin and Addon, Damage Indicators, Optifine, and TFC. I removed everything, and just left TFC to see if that helped

Issue: Every time I try connecting to the TFC server, within a 2 minute period I crash, and it gives me a player.exception disconnect by peer Error message.

Tried Solutions: Reset Router, Tried a different connection. Restarted MC, and Remove all extra mods that don't have to do with TFC

Any suggestions on how to fix?
    Last edited by StephJ2Fan; 23rd July 2014 at 07:43.

Disconnected by peer messages usually indicated a connection problem of sorts. Where are you located geographically? The server is located in the Netherlands and TFC requires quite a bit of bandwidth to keep going.

You can test how much bandwidth you approximately have to the server by doing a speedtest and selecting Amsterdam: http://www.speedtest.net/
    It's important to select Amsterdam otherwise it'll select the point closest to your location.

You will need around 40KB/s of upload speed to play lag free on a heavily populated TFC server.