TFC Client Crash at login bug fix!

Many people on the HappyDigger's TerraFirmaCraft server have been crashing due to bugged fruit trees. Not all fruit trees cause this issue, but sometimes a fruit tree will be double rendered when planted/grown and have an invisible trunk.

The Fix: https://optifine.net/downloads
    Download OptiFine 1.7.10 HD U B5 from the download list and move the mod into your Minecraft client's mod folder, or launcher's mod folder. (However you start your TFC client)

Using standard Optifine is an option as well.

Please report the location that you encountered the continuous crashing or if you encounter an invisible banana tree. Also note that if you "hit" the invisible fruit tree you will crash regardless if you have OptiFine or not.

In B78 only olive and banana fruit trees had this issue.

In B79 I've confirmed orange trees having the same issue.

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar

Banana trees again: Spike963 cant login and cant install optifine :(

Spike963 went to UberThrusters (not sure exactly, mut most likely) town where a bugged banana trees are, crashed, can't login back.
    Unfortunately he can't install optifine himself - he has Tekkit Launcher i was told, and it's too complicated for him.
    I also couldnt help We found a video on youtube, but he was unable to install it anyway
    Could U please reset his spawn to main?

4 Spike963

Spike! If you are reading this, try to set render distance in minecraft video options to tiny and try to type very fast /spawn right when you login. People say it can help!

Please, don't use Technic.

If you are unable to switch to another launcher like MultiMC (highly recommended) or Feed The Beast, you may try the following if you are running Windows.
    • Make sure that the Technic launcher and/or Minecraft aren't running.
    • Download the correct Optinfine .jar file. Link provided in the opening post of this thread.
    • Type into the start menu search box: %appdata% This will open up a window with a bunch of folders in it.
    • Go to the .technic folder.
    • Then go to the name-of-the-mod-pack-you-are-using folder.
    • Then go to the mods directory.
    • Put the Optifine .jar file into the mods directory.
    • Start Technic and launch the mod pack you're using.

If you can't follow these steps then we probably can't help you.

Ok, i was told he did it, everything is ok.
    Thank you very much for the support!!!

Does anyone know what the cause is of this issue? I haven't had it occur in ssp yet. Is it a multiplayer only thing? Is there a way to solve this at the source?
    http://i.imgur.com/v4naT6Q.png

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorfos View Post
    Does anyone know what the cause is of this issue? I haven't had it occur in ssp yet. Is it a multiplayer only thing? Is there a way to solve this at the source?
    I have seen similar circumstances reported on the TFC forums in single player game play where it was bypassed by using optine as well. Because it is a TerraFirmaCraft bug and not an issue with the server plugins there isn't really a simple way to fix it without opening up TFC itself. We'll just have to wait for the next update/build.

I managed to explode a ghost tree by using a powder keg in smp (tested on one ghost tree). I've also found a way to explode stuff without causing collateral damage. You can encase the object(s) you want to destroy by using obsidian (also encase corners!). I'm assuming water would work too. This way it is possible for a moderator or even a player to remove ghost trees (provided they have a powder keg and access to obsidian or movable water).
    http://i.imgur.com/v4naT6Q.png

That's the most wonderful way to fix bugs I've ever heard of! I wish I could watch it Maybe make it a server event? First everyone hunts creepers on a big field, than goes to see the blast from a skypillar ... :-D
    P.S. nice signature pic lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorfos View Post
    I managed to explode a ghost tree by using a powder keg in smp (tested on one ghost tree). I've also found a way to explode stuff without causing collateral damage. You can encase the object(s) you want to destroy by using obsidian (also encase corners!). I'm assuming water would work too. This way it is possible for a moderator or even a player to remove ghost trees (provided they have a powder keg and access to obsidian or movable water).
    I have pondered using that same method, but figured nobody would opt for me trying to blow up their trees :P Good to know it works. -Science!-