Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah there won't be a replacement for Minecraft if anything there will be more people playing MC than ever before we don't know what will happen, maybe Microsoft will make it better? Or maybe worse? All I know is that they've bought it and I can honestly say if that it's going to be like the xbox360/one edition, I think we might be alright! :P
    Sup

OortOnline doesn't look half bad. Might take a while to be fully released, though, beings a community funded game. Might end up being a pay-to-win thing as well if donations dry up.

I think I know what they'll do: an official serever where you pay to win and that has tons of mods and plugins not avaliable elsewhere
    If you wonder why I'm not that active anymore, I became the dev of this:
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/sinking-simulator-2

It sounds like an interesting game but it's looking very much like a more directed experience focused on combat and empire building and competition against other players as well as the usual voxelgame activities of building cool stuff. I can't see a modding scene like Minecraft's flourishing in a massive multiplayer online setup like this. You need the ability to run private servers for mods to flourish. It might still be a great game, something I'll possibly buy if there is something playable out. It just won't be exactly the same as minecraft.

I've had the time to take in more different viewpoints and while I'm still a bit skeptical about Microsoft's handling, it is possible that they'll invest the resources in it to take the game to a new level. Mojang's update schedule of late hasn't been all that amazing either, especially with how long 1.8 took to develop and still no mod API in sight. If Microsoft truly wants to learn from Minecraft as a phenomenon and keep the essence of what made it strong, we might see a renewed effort in development while preserving the ability for modders and servers to do their thing.

I'll keep enjoying the game for as long as it's fun and wait to see what happens.

Dual the game might take over minecraft, I met the main dev in a conference, but... It will sadly be monthly fees on a big server...
    If you wonder why I'm not that active anymore, I became the dev of this:
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/sinking-simulator-2